You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joe Brolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joe Brolly
    Posted: 01 Dec 2023 at 9:38pm
Did anyone see the video of him in the nightclub?

Love brolly. Rte gaa coverage died a death when they booted him off in favour of Joanne.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2023 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

indeed, DM. Joe is a staunch citizen, pity a lot more of our sports celebs don’t take the same stance.McGregor is a low life gurrier,  no manners, no class and no respect for his fellow citizens or indeed himself, a total wretch.

Spot on.

Not bothered by his takes on GAA but Brolly's articles were pretty good on both political and non-political issues. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2023 at 7:10pm
indeed, DM. Joe is a staunch citizen, pity a lot more of our sports celebs don’t take the same stance.McGregor is a low life gurrier,  no manners, no class and no respect for his fellow citizens or indeed himself, a total wretch.

Edited by oldbilly - 01 Dec 2023 at 7:10pm
No Pasaran!
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2023 at 6:08pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Onyd View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

What does the president of FIFA get, anybody know?
That is the CEO role thought, he runs the show. The GAA President does not.

But they aren't a hungry body. Heaven forbid they be held to account.
Onyd View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Because it's usually an honorary part time role.

President of the GAA is a full time job and you have to give up your own job for the period.

You're not asking them to do it for nothing, you're asking them to do it for nothing, minus their normal salary.
So in every other context the President does the role for free, because as you say it's honorary.

But the GAA pay their geeezer to do it because they aren't about money.

Right ho chaps.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 11:12pm

A lot of brown envelopes.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 11:07pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 10:53pm
Because it's usually an honorary part time role.

President of the GAA is a full time job and you have to give up your own job for the period.

You're not asking them to do it for nothing, you're asking them to do it for nothing, minus their normal salary.
Onyd View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 11:01am

Originally posted by Onyd Onyd wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

JB saying that the GAA modern core principles has turned into a free for all and is heading towards a EPL model.

People on here agree?

€40k a week for playing GF for Longford. I think not.
One could argue it's already there. A pair of amoral organisations who sold out to Sky with numerous rapists on board whose fans believe it is the one true sport and won't watch anything else and of course mostly hype with no substance.

I can already see that Onyd is a very rational contributor with lots of well thought out points...Wink

The one about the GAA having always had a "money grabbing leadership" was particularly well thought out, and in no way a vacuous cliche he heard in a pub.

I don't know or care for these sports, but hasn't the Grab All Association moniker been around for donkeys old bean?

Yes, it has been a vacuous pub cliche for as long as I have been alive and I'm sure for a good length of time before that. 

If I wanted to point you in the direction of the leadership of a major sporting body whose mentality is indeed to "money grab" and "grab all", look no further than the FAI. 

Whereas I'm unaware of any major GAA administrative figure who has used their position to feather their own nest in monetary terms.

my god man, basic research

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/fas-officials-wages-to-cost-gaa-470000-in-three-years-26505472.html

When a football pundit comes out with such nauseating hypocrisy let's pull him on it. In the meantime let's stick with man of the people, boarding school educated queens council, Brolly.

Basic research would have told you your little "point" completely backs up what I said.

The position of GAA president is a three year one and the occupant of the position does not gain monetarily from it - they continue to receive the same salary as they were receiving in their previous paid employment, which is entirely reimbursed to the employer by the GAA.
People in every other sport fulfil that role for free. You are talking nonsense man. Nonsense.
Onyd View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 11:00am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Im not sure what point you're trying to make with that article.

He, like every other GAA president, will receive the salary he would have in his regular job. If he was on 30K a year thats what he'd get from the GAA.

Now, presidents of the GAA these days are usually from a decent professional background so the salary is reasonably high.
Can you name any other sports body with a salaried President?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 10:59am

JB saying that the GAA modern core principles has turned into a free for all and is heading towards a EPL model.

People on here agree?

One could argue it's already there. A pair of amoral organisations who sold out to Sky with numerous rapists on board whose fans believe it is the one true sport and won't watch anything else and of course mostly hype with no substance.

I can already see that Onyd is a very rational contributor with lots of well thought out points...Wink

The one about the GAA having always had a "money grabbing leadership" was particularly well thought out, and in no way a vacuous cliche he heard in a pub.

I don't know or care for these sports, but hasn't the Grab All Association moniker been around for donkeys old bean?

Yes, it has been a vacuous pub cliche for as long as I have been alive and I'm sure for a good length of time before that. 

If I wanted to point you in the direction of the leadership of a major sporting body whose mentality is indeed to "money grab" and "grab all", look no further than the FAI. 

Whereas I'm unaware of any major GAA administrative figure who has used their position to feather their own nest in monetary terms.

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/fas-officials-wages-to-cost-gaa-470000-in-three-years-26505472.html

When a football pundit comes out with such nauseating hypocrisy let's pull him on it. In the meantime let's stick with man of the people, boarding school educated queens council, Brolly.
Basic research would have told you your little "point" completely backs up what I said.

The position of GAA president is a three year one and the occupant of the position does not gain monetarily from it - they continue to receive the same salary as they were receiving in their previous paid employment, which is entirely reimbursed to the employer by the GAA.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 10:56am
Im not sure what point you're trying to make with that article.

He, like every other GAA president, will receive the salary he would have in his regular job. If he was on 30K a year thats what he'd get from the GAA.

Now, presidents of the GAA these days are usually from a decent professional background so the salary is reasonably high.
@AntrimMan85
Onyd View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 10:51am

People on here agree?

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 10:45am

People on here agree?

Onyd View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 10:43am

People on here agree?

Not a Sky sales rep I'd imagine or have a gra for Native Irish passtimes?
Native Irish pastimes are cricket, rugby and footer. Hurling was dead and that ghastly Gaelic football is a boardroom designed monstrosity.

But I especially dislike hypocrisy from the British ruling elite. And Brolly is a hypocrite
Onyd View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 10:41am

People on here agree?

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 10:26am
LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic