You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kevin Long

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 11:42am
Duffy hasn't put a foot wrong for Ireland. He'll still be first choice centre half along with Egan
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 11:44am
Yer I would take Duffy over Long as well , but he is a good back up and will not let us down when needed
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Duffy hasn't put a foot wrong for Ireland. He'll still be first choice centre half along with Egan

He did against France in Euro2016
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Long should certainly be in the squad, Duffy should certainly be in the the team.

Coleman isn't a centre-half, and Kenny isn't going with a back three.
Sentiment alone puts Shane Duffy in the team - not form. He's had a troubled season at Brighton. Graham Potter doesn't rate him - and Duffy's confidence in his few starts looked affected. Stephen Kenny also likes to play out of defence - and let's face it, Duffy is a hoofer. Sadly, his walk-up start must now be under pressure. It could open the door for Long.

The fact he's our best defender by a mile puts him in the team. He's a better "stopper" than Egan or Clark, and he's not a whole lot worse on the ball than either of them despite what some seem to think. This is particularly true in relation to Egan, who's ball playing abilities are massively overestimated due to his conflation with Basham and O'Connell who play alongside him and genuinely are good on the ball.
We're decent enough..
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 1:53pm
Duffy has been immense for Ireland over the past 2-3 years. He should be 1 of the 1st names on the teamsheet alongside Egan. No brainer
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 2:45pm
He will be. Clark and Long are good back-up options. I do think Shane should look for a move, though. Potter is not going to play him regularly and plenty of clubs would I believe be interested.
gally View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Duffy has been immense for Ireland over the past 2-3 years. He should be 1 of the 1st names on the teamsheet alongside Egan. No brainer

Prefer Dara O'Shea to come in and cement his place, perfect timing.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by gally gally wrote:

Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Prefer Dara O'Shea to come in and cement his place, perfect timing.

He looks a real prospect. Would like to see him in the nations league 
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 5:09pm
Kevin starts again for Burnley this evening. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 5:52pm
Brady and Dunne on bench for Burnley, likewise O'Shea and Robinson for West Brom.
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Brady and Dunne on bench for Burnley, likewise O'Shea and Robinson for West Brom.

That's already a 6 pointer.

Who are these Furrlong and Townsend imposters playing full back ahead of our Dara?.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 8:08pm
I think Kev played very well tonight 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I think Kev played very well tonight 

He’s a good centre half. Hope he gets a run. If it hadn’t been for his knee injury, he could have turned into a real player for us.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 9:36pm
having a stormer tonight.   
AKA pedantic kunt
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 10:00pm
Kevin Long and young Doherty playing the full 90mins is good to see. Dunne on the bench with Brady.

I seriously think Brady needs to drop down a league and play regular football. So far if you add up all his minutes for this season and all of last season in all competitions hes played 7.5 games.... I appreciate some of that is due to injury
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 10:14pm
Yeah very solid tonight, great tackle on Son in the second half.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 10:17pm
Didn't see the game but could he have done anything for the goal? 

Long seems the type of player that could sit on the bench for 20 years and still play well for Ireland. LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 10:55pm
Hard to drop him on that sort of form though Ben Mee is getting back to full fitness.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>
  Share Topic