You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kevin Long

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Could start Burnley's remaining three games due to Tarkowski's injury. Confident, Claret Murph?
He must be snapping. Just needs Kenny to call him now for the June games to turn the season into a total disaster.
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 9:24am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Could start Burnley's remaining three games due to Tarkowski's injury. Confident, Claret Murph?
He must be snapping. Just needs Kenny to call him now for the June games to turn the season into a total disaster.
  The Clarets are running out of players and i think we all know this is going to come down to the last game of the season Yin Yang
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 7:26pm
Kevin Long and Nathan Collins are both playing tonight. 
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 7:18pm

Kevin long when hearing burnley have sold their 4 first choice central defenders over the summer

Kevin long when hearing he still doesnt make the match day squad for the first game of the new season
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 7:25pm
He's probably happy enough not playing and collecting the wage - he's made his living doing that for years so it will be second nature to him.

Takes doing to go from EPL bench player to not even making the squad in the Championship all the same. But he's not really a ball playing centre back so probably won't fit with Kompany's style of play.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 7:28pm
We Need to Talk About Kevin Long.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 7:50pm
Pretty much what I thought, with Burnley signing 3 young centre backs over the summer he isn't really in Kompany's plans. He's not great on the ball which probably rules him out from playing barring an injury crisis.
We're decent enough..
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 12:52pm
whats the story with long? has he been frozen out completely now?
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 1:08pm
Went from backup to backup of backup
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 1:10pm
He'll see out the last year of his contract and be let leave. Has made a good career out of being a back up player and interesting to see where he moves to next season.
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 1:22pm
Himself and Luke McNally are very rarely on the bench. Hasn’t been a great move for McNally yet. 
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Loc Loc wrote:

Himself and Luke McNally are very rarely on the bench. Hasn’t been a great move for McNally yet

Ya it is disappointing how things have worked out at Burnley for McNally. 
It was a promising move for him in the summer but he is fifth choice centre-back ATM. With Hardwood-Bellis, Taylor or Beyer getting the most minutes in the centre of defence and staying injury free too. Then Egan-Riley makes the bench more and getting more minutes than McNally too.
I wonder will he try getting a loan in January?

Edited by darman28 - 05 Nov 2022 at 1:42pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 2:06pm
Kompany may want to reconsider his stance on Long and McNally going by today.
We're decent enough..
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Originally posted by Loc Loc wrote:

Himself and Luke McNally are very rarely on the bench. Hasn’t been a great move for McNally yet

Ya it is disappointing how things have worked out at Burnley for McNally. 
It was a promising move for him in the summer but he is fifth choice centre-back ATM. With Hardwood-Bellis, Taylor or Beyer getting the most minutes in the centre of defence and staying injury free too. Then Egan-Riley makes the bench more and getting more minutes than McNally too.
I wonder will he try getting a loan in January?

Should at least consider it because if Burnley get promoted they'll more or less be looking at bringing in a whole new defence.

Could see him staying though and trying to force his way into the squad this season. If they get promoted he'll likely be off on loan and if not could see him sticking around while the window is open and moving if he's again 4th or 5th choice.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2022 at 7:27pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2022 at 7:31pm
Man hasn't been in an Ireland squad for two years, and probably only made those squads under Kenny because of COVID.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2022 at 8:06pm
Good enough for a Championship club from what I've seen of him. Sorely lacking in match practice but he's come into important games after months of not playing before and looked a steady presence.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2022 at 8:09pm

Good enough for a Championship club from what I've seen of him. Sorely lacking in match practice but he's come into important games after months of not playing before and looked a steady presence.
I've always thought fairly well of him too. All the more frustrating that he was content to play about 5 games a year for Burnley, although he was probably collecting £20k a week for his troubles. Feel he could have a lot more caps for us if he were a tad more ambitious.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>
  Share Topic