You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wedding present

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charco2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wedding present
    Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 4:10pm
Does anyone know whats a respectable amount to give someone as a wedding present these days?
Ive been invited but cant actually make it to the wedding so i presume i wouldnt need to give as much. Anyone know?
Dont want to look tight!
"What ya doin down there ya shoneen man!"
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 4:12pm
50€, if yer with yer moth 100€.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 4:13pm
I would give a 100.

I use to always give 200 and once given a mate 300 but those days are long gone.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Shebber View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shebber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 4:27pm

€50 is grand if you're not gonna make it!

If you have 200 million priests, and 5% of them are paedophiles, that's still only 10 million paedophiles!
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 4:27pm
50 if urnot goin 100 if yer goin
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 4:31pm
Have to go to poxy wedding on Sat,hate them
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Have to go to poxy wedding on Sat,hate them

You shouldn't have ordained in the priesthood if you don't like them
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 4:37pm
€150 per couple
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 4:41pm
€100 if you're going on your own, €150 if it's a couple going. A txt the day before saying good luck if you're not going!
charco2006 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charco2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 4:56pm
Cool. €50 it is then. The way i see it if im not going then they dont have to pay for my dinner so 50 should be loads alright!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 5:11pm
Well, yeah. I good idea is to look at the website of the hotel where the reception is and make sure your present is at least as much as the per person cost of the reception. So if it is €85 a head (some places are still that much) it has to be €100 per person, minimum.

Edit: Of course, if you aren't going, €50 is fine.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 02 Oct 2012 at 5:12pm
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by charco2006 charco2006 wrote:

Does anyone know whats a respectable amount to give someone as a wedding present these days?
Ive been invited but cant actually make it to the wedding so i presume i wouldnt need to give as much. Anyone know?
Dont want to look tight!

100e if you're going on your own
150e if couple
50e if you're not going.

Seems to be generally excepted these days.
Have given 250e on the last two weddings i was at as they were good mates and i was groomsman at both.
Have to say I hate weddings,I work abroad mostly so have a great excuse for not going.Also would hate to be a best man.Again,great excuse as i wouldnt be able to organise things as well from overseas so get the groomsman gig a few times which is great.All the fun and none of the responsibility!
elroy45 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elroy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 6:06pm
Used to love weddings.  But then we had so bloody many together, you lose the interest in them.  Also lost the interest in them after I got married as well - not sure if thats selfish or what.

If your not going, 50e cash or voucher would be plenty.  As you said your not costing them anything on the day.  Now if you are married and they went to yours and gave you X, then I would be inclined to give X back even though your not going.

If you were going, then it ranges for 150 - 200 per couple, depending on how well you know them etc.
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 6:09pm
As much as you can afford. Hate all that it has to be x amount business. 
deisedevil View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 7:05pm
reckon €200 minimumClapWink
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 7:09pm

One of these bad boys

Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
charco2006 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charco2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

One of these bad boys

Yeah i thought of that already LD but i couldnt fit it into the card Wink
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 7:14pm
If I was going to the whole thing with the Missus, 150 between us. But someone close, for example mate I did grooms man for I gave 200.

If I wasn't going now I wouldn't give any more than 10 per couple. On your own could u even get away wih 50?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic