Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Playing against minnows

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Playing against minnows
    Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 9:09pm
It seems we aren't the only decent team to struggle against inferior opposition.
At present Portugal, France, Sweden, England, Italy, and Spain labouring against inferior opposition.  Ever think we are too hard on ourselves at times?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 9:11pm
Took Spain 86 minutes to beat Georgia tonight.

France 1-0 up v Belarus

Sweden 1-0 up

And Luxembourg struggling, 1-0 down to Northern Ireland
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 9:15pm
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 9:16pm
LOL

Cabs88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabs88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 9:20pm
joking aside. . despite all the criticisms of trap, our record agains so called 'minnows' has been good
Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 9:20pm
LOL Clap
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 9:34pm
Sweden score 2 and pick up 3 points at home to 142nd ranked team. P45 for the Swedish gaffer me thinks.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Smartalex View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 9:39pm
suppose it depends who you consider to be minnows

armenia ? they murdered us at home last year before divine intervention intervened

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 9:41pm
Armenia aren't minnows. Despite their result tonight they are a fine football team and one to watch for the future. I reckon they will reach the next Euros.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Smartalex View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Armenia aren't minnows. Despite their result tonight they are a fine football team and one to watch for the future. I reckon they will reach the next Euros.

id agree and i dont think belarus or georgia are either

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 9:46pm
who the hell said anything about Armenia??

Armenia are playing Bulgaria and imo Armenia are a better team.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 9:49pm
And is Spain can only struggle a 1-0 win over vastly inferior Georgia then maybe Spain should sack their manager Wink

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 9:54pm
Think they only major whipping boys left in European competition are San Marino and Andorra. Then you would think teams seeded 4 and up should also beat the likes of luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Moldova, Azerbaijan and Kazachstan home and away, but not by cricket scores like the old days
GarageFlower View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GarageFlower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Think they only major whipping boys left in European competition are San Marino and Andorra. Then you would think teams seeded 4 and up should also beat the likes of luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Moldova, Azerbaijan and Kazachstan home and away, but not by cricket scores like the old days
Agree with this.
 Very few easy matches in Europe now.
Heskey..Zorro..The match is Tomorrow!!                      She loves Cox!She loves Cox!!
Mr.Mojo Risin' View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 12:32am
It took a last minute goal for Sweden to make it 2-0 against the Kazaks. Sweden were at home. They didn't have a 9 hour flight a couple of days before the match. They didn't have to play on a bouncy astro pitch. Maybe this will alter a few views on our result on Friday.
Ahh heya!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 12:57am
Even for argument sake the newly retired Given and Duff , along with the unavailable Dunne and Andrews were 4 players who played for us at the Euro's missing for our away trip to Kazakhstan so your talking around 300 caps + and a bag load of experience not in the Irish side. 

We played pretty sh*te against the Kazakhs and i'm not trying to make excuses but as its been pointed out there are very few easy games anymore and taking out those 4 names iv'e mentioned would obviously weaken us.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Godot View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 1:09am
I understand the sentiment, but there's a difference between labouring and squeaking a result by a fanny's hair.  

Edited by Godot - 12 Sep 2012 at 1:10am
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 1:58am
It was the long ball performance that annoyed people i think
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic