You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boxing thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 224225226227228 251>
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribesman91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 9:30pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 10:41pm
Framptons mouthpiece of a wife now tweeting what looks another not so cryptic dig at the McGuigans
Retweeted by Paddy Barnes

Stay classy boxing 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 10:44pm
Whoever was involved in that production of the Panorama episode and lives in the NI has been getting death threats from Kinahan's mob.

Details are extremely vague but the fact the NI police are investigating it is the only clue

Edited by coyne - 05 Feb 2021 at 10:45pm
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Framptons mouthpiece of a wife now tweeting what looks another not so cryptic dig at the McGuigans
Retweeted by Paddy Barnes

Stay classy boxing 

Hope frampton gets flattened against Herring 😂
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 10:51pm
Me too
I was never a fan of his 
TRV View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 11:20pm
Have Kinehans/Dublin gangs any clout in six counties?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 7:25pm
Kinahan has made a statement to TalkSport about the Panorama program

TL;DR version - I'm not part of any gang and the program was unfair.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 11:53pm
Meanwhile death threats have been made against a Panorama person on the back of the revelations. Kinahan didn't mention that.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 7:55am
Bad ko loss for Josh Warrington against a complete underdog in what was meant to be a fight to keep himself ticking over. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 8:05am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Bad ko loss for Josh Warrington against a complete underdog in what was meant to be a fight to keep himself ticking over. 

The other lad was 50/1. Josh was 1/25 to emphasise how much of a shock that was.

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 9:27am

The towel should have been thrown in during the fourth round! To get a KO like that when it already looked like he was concussed is extremely dangerous! His team are a disgrace.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 11:30am
Thought it was poor from his corner, he was on unsteady feet for over an hour.

Lara looks limited enough, would expect the other top featherweights to beat him. But he has heavy hands and was landing huge body punches from the first round that took their toll.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 11:43am
Wouldn't rule out an upset next week either.

Sunderland's Josh Kelly is on, he's won The Ring's prospect of the year 2 years running now but he's a notoriously slow starter and fighters are starting to feed of that, nearly bottled it against his last tune-up fight, was gonna get a fight against Nigel Benn's boy but Eddie wants him to get through this next tune-up fight first
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 2:09pm
few words between Paddy Barnes and Matt Macklin on twitter
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

The towel should have been thrown in during the fourth round! To get a KO like that when it already looked like he was concussed is extremely dangerous! His team are a disgrace.

I think he should have been taken out but that's boxing. I can understand it. Thought Adam Booth was very disingenuous in hos analysis after. It's eay to say when it's not your fighter.

I saw a couple of Andy Lee fights under Booth against Kid Chocolate and BJ Saunders where Lee got badly knocked down early and came back to go the distance for a draw and a loss. Knocked Quillin down after and all. Maybe Booth has changed his mind since but thought he was grandstanding last night and I'd normallly have a lot of time for his opinion.

"Somehow Lee scrambled to his feet before the count of 10, but, he can say now with even a smile, “I was knocked out really. I was up on my feet, boxing, but I didn’t know what I was doing. I was concussed.” Even when Lee somehow made it to the bell, wobbling against a neutral corner’s padding when it sounded, his trainer Adam Booth doubted whether his fighter would be coming back out.

“I walked up the steps,” Booth says, “with this feeling inside the fight was over."

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 9:35am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Sunderland's Josh Kelly is on, he's won The Ring's prospect of the year 2 years running now but he's a notoriously slow starter and fighters are starting to feed of that, nearly bottled it against his last tune-up fight, was gonna get a fight against Nigel Benn's boy but Eddie wants him to get through this next tune-up fight first
This fight is a 50-50 fight. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

This fight is a 50-50 fight. 

Kelly should be winning with 1 hand behind his back he's that good when he's loose. But he's a really nervous starter!
Eddie's had him fighting in Newcastle against journeyman Geordies in order to be the pantomime villain so the crowd boo him etc etc to tackle any mental battles but nothing's worked!

He's only 4/6 incase he totally mentally loses it again otherwise the price would be much shorter. He started horribly slow against his last tune-up fight and got a fortunate win, fighters will know at this stage he doesn't like the start of fights which may be his undoing.

Edited by coyne - 15 Feb 2021 at 9:51am
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 11:01pm
Kelly was too cocky in that fight there. Got caught too many times, id say he felt he had too kuch power for the other guy. Didnt work out like that tho. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 224225226227228 251>
  Share Topic