You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boxing thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 252>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2023 at 9:05am
Man these boxing fights in Saudi are a pile of sh*te. No atmosphere whatsoever. 

Parker beating Wilder though, well deserved and I'm delighted for Andy Lee his trainer and looking like he could be one of the best trainers in the world too. Love hearing Andy talk about boxing and his view on things in general.

Edited by t_rAndy - 24 Dec 2023 at 9:06am
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2023 at 5:09am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Has Grace being sung at a sporting event ever preceded a positive outcome for those singing it?

Conlan well beaten tonight 

😂

Or zombie at a UFC event.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2023 at 12:32am
He should defo retire. Just can't take a solid punch. Dosent have much power either to hurt anyone. The pro game just isn't his thing by the looks of it.
I love beer gardens
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2023 at 12:18am

Has Grace being sung at a sporting event ever preceded a positive outcome for those singing it?

Conlan well beaten tonight 
El Puto Amo
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I don't get the issue with McGregor all of a sudden? Other than talking sh*te which he has always done to an extent has anything really changed? Last time i looked hes not done anything illegal or isnt involved in anything illegal. 

You've got some seriously mad takes.
One of the best posters on here, nearly Everytime he leaves me scratching my head 
Are you completely out of touch with under 30's in this country who make up a big % of us? The vast majority have no bother with McGregor. My god son is 19 this year and him and his buddies never stop quoting him or sh*teing on about him. 

Even over 30's a lot are indifferent to him. If half the world respects Mike Tyson who actually has a rape conviction most won't have a problem with McGregor who hasn't yet be found guilty of something like this.
Maybe you as an actual adult (I assume) need to sit your god son down and have a chat about why idolising a racist coke head sexual predator mightn’t be the best thing for him growing up. 
God son. I'm not sticking my nose in young lads business. Youth of today don't care what are generation think. If his dad wants to lecture him he can.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

It's all about money Andy. If Katie wanted the Olympia theatre and Eddie could get Croker do you not think he'd push her for Croker?

Exactly. If they wanted Croker that much they'd pay for it. Not seek the government of a 3rd party to chip in so the bottom line doesn't take a hit.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 2:23pm
It's all about money Andy. If Katie wanted the Olympia theatre and Eddie could get Croker do you not think he'd push her for Croker?
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 2:16pm
Haha. 

Do you not think Katie is the main one asking for Croker. Obviously Hearn is in it also for the money but I think if it was not for Katie wanting to have the historic fight at croker then they would have already moved onto the Aviva or another stadium
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I think he seems genuine when it comes to wanting Croker because that is what Katie wants. That's the reason why they are not yet looking at Aviva.

Hope the wallet inspector doesn't approach you any time pal 
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 2:10pm
Genuine and Eddie Hearn are things that don’t go together LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Eddie has already said the tickets would be much cheaper in Croker. Think he mentioned some would be around 30 euro mark. He also said you would need around 60 thousand to make it worth while. The issue last time was the 400 grand the GAA want for rent. I think she probably would sell out Croker or close enough to it. Be great to see it, a 3rd fight with Cameron. She should finish up then. 

Not a hope that a portion of tickets available will be that cheap. I think he's trying to get Croke Park back onside as he probably realises what he said before the first fight didn't go down well with them.

He's trying to frame this as an opportunity for families who would usually be priced out to go and see Taylor. Matchroom main events generally start at 10:30pm. So that contradicts that idea. 

He's a great businessman but like all great businessmen, what he says changes like the wind. He's no more concerned about the controversy with what McGregor has been tweeting than he is with putting fights on in Saudi. Sure in an interview yesterday, he said he doesn't really know McGregor, and then a minute later says he really likes him.

Funnily enough, he could easily drop McGregor's sponsorship. McGregor needs that brand promotion far more than Hearn needs his sponsorship.

I think he seems genuine when it comes to wanting Croker because that is what Katie wants. That's the reason why they are not yet looking at Aviva.

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 11:16am

I don't get the issue with McGregor all of a sudden? Other than talking sh*te which he has always done to an extent has anything really changed? Last time i looked hes not done anything illegal or isnt involved in anything illegal. 

One of the best posters on here, nearly Everytime he leaves me scratching my head 
Are you completely out of touch with under 30's in this country who make up a big % of us? The vast majority have no bother with McGregor. My god son is 19 this year and him and his buddies never stop quoting him or sh*teing on about him. 

Even over 30's a lot are indifferent to him. If half the world respects Mike Tyson who actually has a rape conviction most won't have a problem with McGregor who hasn't yet be found guilty of something like this.
Maybe you as an actual adult (I assume) need to sit your god son down and have a chat about why idolising a racist coke head sexual predator mightn’t be the best thing for him growing up. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 10:57am

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 10:23am

Go wan outa that. Maybe leaving you scratching your head might not be that hard? I don't know.
I love beer gardens
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 9:19am

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 9:14am

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Hard to see the issue with a man who's been 'controversies' page on Wikipedia lists fourteen different categories, including alleged sexual assault, punching an old man for refusing his whiskey, and tweeting racist dog whistle crap all week, amongst other things. 
I would wager quite a bit of money that the bould McGregor even has more convictions to his name than the man who stabbed everyone in Dublin. But yet somehow immigrants are the problem, our own thugs are fine.
Who actually says our own thugs are fine though? Every country has their own scum and they all deal with them in house. If there is another first world country like ours who'll take in and look after our dole merchants better then we do be my guest, I wouldn't discourage them. Or if they'll take our lads with criminal convictions after they conveniently lose their identification and forget their real names again I'd encourage that too. 
If only law enforcement had some other unique way of identifying people and shared that information worldwide. And that way people could still be checked. Like your finger prints or something.....
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 8:56am

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 28 Nov 2023 at 8:57am
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 4:39am

Eddie has already said the tickets would be much cheaper in Croker. Think he mentioned some would be around 30 euro mark. He also said you would need around 60 thousand to make it worth while. The issue last time was the 400 grand the GAA want for rent. I think she probably would sell out Croker or close enough to it. Be great to see it, a 3rd fight with Cameron. She should finish up then. 

Not a hope that a portion of tickets available will be that cheap. I think he's trying to get Croke Park back onside as he probably realises what he said before the first fight didn't go down well with them.

He's trying to frame this as an opportunity for families who would usually be priced out to go and see Taylor. Matchroom main events generally start at 10:30pm. So that contradicts that idea. 

He's a great businessman but like all great businessmen, what he says changes like the wind. He's no more concerned about the controversy with what McGregor has been tweeting than he is with putting fights on in Saudi. Sure in an interview yesterday, he said he doesn't really know McGregor, and then a minute later says he really likes him.

Funnily enough, he could easily drop McGregor's sponsorship. McGregor needs that brand promotion far more than Hearn needs his sponsorship.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 252>
  Share Topic