You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trap haters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheMightyQuinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 3:14pm
trap isn't doing anything now that a school boy coach couldn't.

we needed him when he arrived, he restored order and dignity to our team... but we are in danger of losing the progress he had made by having him overstay his welcome.

honestly... is trap doing something pat fenlon couldn't do (for a quarter of the price?)

we don't need a name... we need someone who gives a sh*t, isn't to arrogant to assume we can't evolve, and is willing to take some calculated chances. look at the top LOI coaches, look at younger league 1, or championship managers... who was brendan rogers before swansea took him? a reserve coach at chelsea, and managed 2 npower teams.

for those pro trap posters who lament that bringing in a winger who has one season in the top flight won't turn us into a world class team need to catch themselves on. there is a huge difference between the piss we watched last night and what would be an accepted irish performance. playing in form epl players in their natural position over championship players out of position would be a start... not to mention our ragtag defense.

trap won't lead us to brazil, the only place he's leading me is into rehab...
You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn
Sponsored Links

baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 3:41pm
Lads, look into Continental Europe. There's plenty of German, French, Croatian & Dutch coaches who'd give their right arm for a decent international job. As my friend frewheeler said, we don't need Venebles or Mc Carthy. O'Leary isn't good enough. Think outside the box here. Trap as already stated was off the radar, and got the job, and restored our pride, but he's losing it now. Denis O'Brien won't makeup any shortfall, so we're looking at €1 million tops for a manager. sl*gging each others opinions won't solve the issue. If people are that fed up, then use your feet to vote and don't go to games.. I said in another tread, Trap has the same mentality as Clough, Ferguson and Revie - (arogant). their way or no way. Fans don't influence their opinion, but fans boycotting or geering do influence the powers that employ him.  They'd be the only ones who could make the change, so bear that in mind. I'm not for rebel rising, but look throughout Europe where the fans boycotted/protested at managers they disliked, and clubs/countries ended their contracts.Ermm
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 3:43pm
To be fair I don't think any of us hate Trap, I know I don't. 

I am just frustrated that he won't try out new tactics and give some of the younger lads a good run out in the first eleven. We could potentially have a very exciting creative young team with enough experienced heads to keep the whole thing ticking over but instead we have too many weak links in the first team.

Ward, O'Shea and Keane should not be starting imo. Keane is at the stage of his career where he should be used as an impact sub. O'Shea should be moved into the middle as he is much better than Sledge in that position. I would even rather we played McShane at RB and moved O'Shea in the middle. 

There is no doubting Trap's ability as a manager, I have no doubts that he will be the most decorated Ireland manager in my lifetime anyway and I'm only a youn'un! It just seems that football has evolved and his style of play is becoming outdated. I mean the alarm bells were ringing last night when Kazakhstan were completely outplaying us for large parts of the game. It took us over 70 minutes to register our first shot on target for gods sake. 
It's Jack Shat
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Who do you bring in FW that's the problem. The only people who'd be throwing their hats into the ring are Managers who can't even get a job in the Championship. I'll go fcuking nuts if anyone says McCarthy. He's on a level with the likes of Paul Jewell IMO and if he(McCarthy) wasn't Irish people would be treating him like Jewell. i.e they don't want him near the job.

nice to know one of only 3 managers in our footballing history to have actually taken us to a finals is so highly regarded and appreciated by you Denis, perhaps you have a reason for dismissing Mick  ? 

level with Paul Jewell, sure he's managed teams at world cup finals hasnt he ? Embarrassed
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Originally posted by Smartalex Smartalex wrote:

[QUOTE=irish_major]Considering weve so many anti-trap threads lets set one of these up.
No matter what this man does, in the eyes of gobsh*tes who know nothing, hes always wrong, but i want to say thanks trap, when no one else in the country would have brought doyle on you did, instead of pleasing the public you made an unreal decision.
No change it up for germany which i have no doubt you will. COYBIG

LOLLOLLOL get your head out of traps arsehole ffs

Im guessing you've the brains of a 6 year old, and as you joined after Estonia this has made my calculated guess a very good one.

My head is far from up Traps hole, but most people, people like you, who didnt realise we had a soccer team until we qualified for the euros, and then you suddenly decided you were a die hard, you can go and f**k right off, I hope i never ever have the pleasure of crossing pathsThumbs Up
Does trap have us in a better position than we were 5 years ago, obviously, so until he sends us backwards. TrapClap
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ridiculous Comment that IM Thumbs Down

Edited by fochie - 08 Sep 2012 at 4:16pm
ScotsIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScotsIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 5:23pm
Always people on here giving out about our home attendances, well what we saw last night and we have had to endure a lot of nights where we have been played off the park by sh*t teams is a big reason why people won't go to games. Last night was shocking, traps tactics were unbelievable. I have defended him before but no more. Something has to change.
Bray Wanderer View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bray Wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 5:50pm
The performance was clearly poor but I think by the end of the group, this will be seen as a good result. Trap is frustrating, stubborn, overly loyal and has poor communication skills. For all that he is over delivering in terms of results given the players at his disposal.
B. Wanderer
FiremanDan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Bray Wanderer Bray Wanderer wrote:

The performance was clearly poor but I think by the end of the group, this will be seen as a good result. Trap is frustrating, stubborn, overly loyal and has poor communication skills. For all that he is over delivering in terms of results given the players at his disposal.

Not sure I agree with that. What result from the past 4 years was an over-achievement, aside from maybe Russia away?

Sean Og O Hailpin.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold."

Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 5:55pm

Originally posted by Smartalex Smartalex wrote:

Considering weve so many anti-trap threads lets set one of these up.
No matter what this man does, in the eyes of gobsh*tes who know nothing, hes always wrong, but i want to say thanks trap, when no one else in the country would have brought doyle on you did, instead of pleasing the public you made an unreal decision.
No change it up for germany which i have no doubt you will. COYBIG

LOLLOLLOL get your head out of traps arsehole ffs

Im guessing you've the brains of a 6 year old, and as you joined after Estonia this has made my calculated guess a very good one.

My head is far from up Traps hole, but most people, people like you, who didnt realise we had a soccer team until we qualified for the euros, and then you suddenly decided you were a die hard, you can go and f**k right off, I hope i never ever have the pleasure of crossing pathsThumbs Up
Does trap have us in a better position than we were 5 years ago, obviously, so until he sends us backwards. TrapClap

That's the stupidest post of 2012 right there.
What kind of an idiot only joins ybig after the Estonia match you say. Scandalous isn't it.
Get f**kin real chap, would you rather 1,000 diehards who have supported us since 1987 inside in the Aviva by themselves?
What a warped state of mind.
Oh Poland we loved you.....
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by packiesglove packiesglove wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Who do you bring in FW that's the problem. The only people who'd be throwing their hats into the ring are Managers who can't even get a job in the Championship. I'll go fcuking nuts if anyone says McCarthy. He's on a level with the likes of Paul Jewell IMO and if he(McCarthy) wasn't Irish people would be treating him like Jewell. i.e they don't want him near the job.

nice to know one of only 3 managers in our footballing history to have actually taken us to a finals is so highly regarded and appreciated by you Denis, perhaps you have a reason for dismissing Mick  ? 

level with Paul Jewell, sure he's managed teams at world cup finals hasnt he ? Embarrassed

at the  3rd attempt with what was probably a much better squad as a whole in comparison to the current squad.  We fcuked away leads a few occasions under McCarthy. Primary example being the away match to Macedonia which cost us automatic qualifications for Euro 2000. Another late goal conceded away Croatia was another example in the same campaign IIRC.

BTW what has McCarthy acheived since he left the job 10 years ago. Fact is given his record over the last 10 years if he wasn't Irish you wouldn't have anyone calling for him to be given the job.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
farfar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

Lads, look into Continental Europe. There's plenty of German, French, Croatian & Dutch coaches who'd give their right arm for a decent international job. As my friend frewheeler said, we don't need Venebles or Mc Carthy. O'Leary isn't good enough. Think outside the box here. Trap as already stated was off the radar, and got the job, and restored our pride, but he's losing it now. Denis O'Brien won't makeup any shortfall, so we're looking at €1 million tops for a manager. sl*gging each others opinions won't solve the issue. If people are that fed up, then use your feet to vote and don't go to games.. I said in another tread, Trap has the same mentality as Clough, Ferguson and Revie - (arogant). their way or no way. Fans don't influence their opinion, but fans boycotting or geering do influence the powers that employ him.  They'd be the only ones who could make the change, so bear that in mind. I'm not for rebel rising, but look throughout Europe where the fans boycotted/protested at managers they disliked, and clubs/countries ended their contracts.Ermm
Thank f**k someone mentioned this don't know why it took so long for someone to mention it. People do realise that football management does exist outside of England don't they?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

Couldn't agree more. It doesn't necessarily have to be a familiar face but looking at any of the betting on the next manager, it's all the usual suspects.
Sean Og O Hailpin.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold."

trainee View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trainee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 11:05pm
Lads if Trap goes in the Morning, just remember FAI are broke so the next manger wont be a high profile one.

Smartalex View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

O'Leary wouldn't come cheap and a good few years out of the game, Venables, really? No way could the fai afford him and another one a long time out of the game.

For me the man to bring in is Hughton but I just don't see us being able to drag him away from the prem just yet but he would be my preference without a doubt, plays nice football and is managing the new age footballer week in week out so will be able to understand them better and manage them well too, just who I would want, we won't get him just yet though.

great shout if only it was possible

there are plenty of good coaches out there who are living in the 21st century unlike our present one

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by trainee trainee wrote:

Lads if Trap goes in the Morning, just remember FAI are broke so the next manger wont be a high profile one.

I don't know what the financial status of the FAI is but if they are struggling not only can they not afford to pay Trapp off, they won't be able to afford a proven manager to replace him like you say.

I can also only see the financial situation getting worse. The Aviva may be full for the Germany game but if we start to struggle in the group like many of us fear we will, they won't be filling the stadium for any of the other home games.

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by trainee trainee wrote:

Lads if Trap goes in the Morning, just remember FAI are broke so the next manger it wont be a high profile one because Delaney doesn't want to have to cut his own inflated salary

Fixed Thumbs Up

Edited by Denis Irwin - 08 Sep 2012 at 11:25pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2012 at 12:56am
Originally posted by ericdogg ericdogg wrote:

Last night was was almost an exact replica of the game v San Marino under Stan.
The result may have been, but comparing San Marino to the Kazaks is moot.

There's no doubting we mugged them, but Kazakstan have recent draws with both Austria and Latvia and wins over Kyrgyzstan and Azerbaijan over the past year or so.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2012 at 1:03am
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Originally posted by ericdogg ericdogg wrote:

Last night was was almost an exact replica of the game v San Marino under Stan.
The result may have been, but comparing San Marino to the Kazaks is moot.

There's no doubting we mugged them, but Kazakstan have recent draws with both Austria and Latvia and wins over Kyrgyzstan and Azerbaijan over the past year or so.

Sadliers comments spring to mind here, exactly how low are we setting the bar for ourselves? Austria, may be an improving team, but the other three??? Average to poor teams at best.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic