Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aviva Stadium.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 10:33am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

10 years old this week.

Anyone remember who scored the first Ireland goal?

And yes, it's not like Landsdowne was, there's too much corporate, the stands aren't steep enough etc etc etc

Kevin Kilbane scored the first competitive Irish goal against Andorra , I think it was the first Irish goal

Di Maria scored the first goal 
The first goal would have been scored by a Manchester United player.

Meant internationally, Indeed it was Park Ji Sung scored the first goal
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 3:18pm
Had an issue at the turnstiles last Monday. So there was four of us entering the stadium, I always scan the others in first and scan myself in last, When I scanned my ticket the screen went green but the gate jammed. So my ticket wouldn't scan again obviously. Was told to go to the women with the hand held scanner to scan me in but I was refused as she said my ticket had been scanned. I kind of panniced and thought maybe I had scanned my ticket when scanning one of the others in.so I got her to scan all of the tickets on my phone and one of them scanned, the only problem was when I was inside I realised this was a fifth ticket that I had sent a screen grab to someone else and ment they were locked out. I then had to contact them to say that their ticket was now invalid. I have felt bad about this since Monday tbh just wondering has anyone any similar experiences.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 29 Mar 2023 at 3:19pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 3:45pm
Same here only for one of the security lads that was at the gate came with us and told your man with the handheld scanner what happend probably wouldn't have got in

Edited by Denis Irwin - 29 Mar 2023 at 3:45pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Hatsoff View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatsoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 3:55pm
could they have built the stadium in an east -west orientation and not bother with the astro pitch and then we'd have a 60 or 70,000 stadium?
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 3:57pm
Bit of hassle heading in with bags over these two games just gone.

Fair enough, I understand the security element of it but a lot of people are heading straight to the games from work especially for all these midweek ones and don't have the time to be hacking out to Donabate and back so you'd expect them to be a bit more reasonable about a lad with a backpack going to work from home the next day. It's a laptop, not a load of glass bottles and rockets.
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
Decky398 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Decky398 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 3:59pm
Ticketmaster didn't give me the option to transfer tickets formally that I bought in the pre sale and I had to send screen grabs. Could very easily have had the same problem that Kevin Cronin above had. It's a surprise ticketmaster didn't allow these to be transferred. 
conorbcmx View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conorbcmx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 4:15pm
I had an issue with my season ticket alright where I had to go to 3 different turnstiles before the ticket scanned in correctly. Security at gate said they had been having issues with scanners all evening at taht stage.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

Fair enough, I understand the security element of it but a lot of people are heading straight to the games from work especially for all these midweek ones and don't have the time to be hacking out to Donabate and back so you'd expect them to be a bit more reasonable about a lad with a backpack going to work from home the next day. It's a laptop, not a load of glass bottles and rockets.

Would be fairly standard process not to allow them in to most stadia these days.

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Would be fairly standard process not to allow them in to most stadia these days.

It may be but it doesnt make it right - think they enforced it or brought it in after manchester arena bombing 

Had the same issue at Guns and Roses at Slane  - i had a small rucsak with a few bits and bobs in it ( no drink ) and they werent letting me in with it . Said OK where are the lockers  he just pointed to the ground 

Took it off and set it on the ground  but when he was distracted  i just grabbed it and went on in .

Seem to recall there was an issue in malta  ? Female cop wouldnt let me bring in a phone charger i think   - had to leave it outside the ground  - was still there when we left after the game but a bit of a joke 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

It may be but it doesnt make it right - think they enforced it or brought it in after manchester arena bombing 

Had the same issue at Guns and Roses at Slane  - i had a small rucsak with a few bits and bobs in it ( no drink ) and they werent letting me in with it . Said OK where are the lockers  he just pointed to the ground 

Took it off and set it on the ground  but when he was distracted  i just grabbed it and went on in .

Seem to recall there was an issue in malta  ? Female cop wouldnt let me bring in a phone charger i think   - had to leave it outside the ground  - was still there when we left after the game but a bit of a joke 

I'm just going on the basis of most events I go to in the UK - You usually get an email before attending letting you know the regulations before you enter: I get them every two weeks for games at Anfield telling me no bags allowed, no exceptions apart from a see through A5 folder which can hold medicines or hygiene products. Also mentions no storage available. This would be standard for the likes of Wembley, concert venues etc. 
As you point out, this must be down to security advice. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 4:44pm
A mate of mine got a kit bag through last week no bother.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 5:34pm
The only time I’ve ever had to bring a bag was the night of the playoff against Bosnia. Which was only a few days after the Stade de France terror attack and no bags were allowed in. Luckily was able to leave it at my mates job nearby and collect it after because wasn’t a hope I was being let in.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

The only time I’ve ever had to bring a bag was the night of the playoff against Bosnia. Which was only a few days after the Stade de France terror attack and no bags were allowed in. Luckily was able to leave it at my mates job nearby and collect it after because wasn’t a hope I was being let in.

Was about to say lucky you had a mate working over in Bosnia LOL
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 8:20pm
Two friends of mine were in 114 , now i had a ticket 514 upstairs in the south stand . 
Now showed my friends how to get in then just for the hell of it i scanned my ticket at the gate and it let me in so i stood with my friends . 
Not sure how that worked . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 5:57am
Was at the rugby yesterday, it's NFC now to get in, same as tapping your phone to pay for something. Pretty handy, but you'd miss having a momento from a proper ticket 
DubLife View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 10:56am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Was at the rugby yesterday, it's NFC now to get in, same as tapping your phone to pay for something. Pretty handy, but you'd miss having a momento from a proper ticket 

I miss having an actual card. Same with the Airlines, all gone digital.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 11:09am
Originally posted by DubLife DubLife wrote:

Has it not been via phone for a couple of years???
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by DubLife DubLife wrote:

Has it not been via phone for a couple of years???
Yes. You had to scan your QR code, but now it's using the same technologies as used in contactless payments apparently. Bought a cheap phone after loosing mine in Amsterdam and it doesn't support NFC payments looks like an upgrade may be on the cards.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic