You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aviva Stadium.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 6:22pm
does anyone know the logic for closing the DART station as a trial for the Euro games? Can’t get my head around why it would be different to any other sell out game.
Sponsored Links

GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

does anyone know the logic for closing the DART station as a trial for the Euro games? Can’t get my head around why it would be different to any other sell out game.

To ease congestion.
They want to be able get the UEFA top brass brigade limousined in and out of the stadium quickly.
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

To ease congestion.
They want to be able get the UEFA top brass brigade limousined in and out of the stadium quickly.

Jaysus
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:50pm
Off-topic but seeing Wales celebrate qualification made me wish we had gone through yesterday even more
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

To ease congestion.
Pretty sure I read that UEFA require a security cordon 500 metres away from the stadium and that Lansdowne Road station is too close to the stadium.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
kessler View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by whitesideOnside whitesideOnside wrote:

There was a bit of nonsense in 114 just as the second half started between a couple of lads too. Nothing too bad, but not nice to see between home supporters. I'm not sure if it was related to the pushing and squeeze getting back in from the concourse area.

Had the guy beside us in 114 V come back 8 minutes into the second half with his beer and started getting aggro telling us to move over after a few minutes. We hadn't moved since before kick off and he was beside us in the first half. Politely said there's no space to move to and he started squaring up swearing about how he paid for that seat. He was looking for trouble but his friend seemed alright and calmed him down, all a bit unnecessary as he was in the same spot as before.  I was expecting him to chuck his bottle at some stage but thankfully not,  although it's a shame there were a few others who couldn't resist. No need for throwing things towards the pitch. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 12:02am
Anyone caught throwing that bottle of beer should be banned from the stadium
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

No, they should be punished.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 9:25am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

LOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 9:53am

LOL
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:19am

Big smile LOL
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:23am

LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:14am

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

• Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by The Whisperer The Whisperer wrote:

The singing section made complete ****s of themselves last night by singing that song about eriksons wife.
    Class less actions you would expect from English supporters . Granted a high stakes game but absolutley no need to stoop to that level . I was ashamed last night to hear such chanting. 
    Somebody please, please think of the children.
    By the way, he isn’t married.

I think he is.

He's not married though, She's only his long term girlfirend.

I think the one thing which let us down last night was the lads throwing stuff at Schmeichel, Yes he was being a bit of a bollix but throwing stuff onto the pitch towards an opposition is out of order and could have ramifications for us if the Ref noted it.  

yeah was coming in here to highlight this, would hope a bit of self-policing happened for whatever twat was throwing stuff, it's just idiotic and potentially dangerous if the idiot is flinging a coin or something. 

Schmeichel wasn't even as much of a bollocks as he's been in the past. 

Thoroughly enjoyed the Eriksen craic though, at the end of the day he's mouthed off plenty about us so deserves a bit back from the crowd.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 5:17pm
Yup, agreed 100% on the throwing things. It was utterly scandalous. Not only did it allow Schmeichel to delay taking his kick out, but it could have very real repercussions for the FAI *and* for Ireland fans. Idiots doing that sort of thing are liable to lead to fines, followed by part closures of the stadium (imagine if UEFA said we had to close 114) and possibly no away allocations either, whether as a suspended punishment or an actual ban.

If some c**t throwing a coin makes the FAI have to close parts of the stadium, he deserves to be fined and have to pay it all in coins, only so they can be pelted back at him and see how he likes it.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 7:38am
10 years old this week.

Anyone remember who scored the first Ireland goal?

And yes, it's not like Landsdowne was, there's too much corporate, the stands aren't steep enough etc etc etc
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

10 years old this week.

And yes, it's not like Landsdowne was, there's too much corporate, the stands aren't steep enough etc etc etc

Kevin Kilbane scored the first competitive Irish goal against Andorra , I think it was the first Irish goal

Di Maria scored the first goal 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 10:07am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

10 years old this week.

Kevin Kilbane scored the first competitive Irish goal against Andorra , I think it was the first Irish goal

Di Maria scored the first goal 
The first goal would have been scored by a Manchester United player.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic