Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

English Championship

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 126127128129130 192>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 9:21pm
No away goals in the playoffs, hasn't been for years.
Sponsored Links

TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 9:24pm
Hard to imagine Huddersfield could compete in the PL if they went up. They would probably be next seasons Sunderland.

Edited by TonyNotJack - 17 May 2017 at 9:26pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Hard to imagine Huddersfield could compete in the PL if they went up. They would probably be next seasons Sunderland.

Everyone said the same about Blackpool and Hull in recent years and look at how close they came! The only reason both went down is because they have toxic owners, on the field they were fine!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Everyone said the same about Blackpool and Hull in recent years and look at how close they came! The only reason both went down is because they have toxic owners, on the field they were fine!
It would depend on who they could hold onto, Brown and Mooy are only on loan and they are their key players. I am sure a few clubs would be keen on Wagner too, no matter what happens tonight.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It would depend on who they could hold onto, Brown and Mooy are only on loan and they are their key players. I am sure a few clubs would be keen on Wagner too, no matter what happens tonight.

Jack Payne could easily fill 1 of the places available, hes very young still and I remember watching him against Man City, thought he was excellent. But I agree they have to invest next season in that position regardless!
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 9:40pm
I have to admit i find the championship and leagues one and two a hell of a lot more interesting than the showbiz nonsense of the epl,shame they have to go up really. Could they not just separate off the ten most big business clubs and go back to being the football league again,much better really.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 9:40pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Jack Payne could easily fill 1 of the places available, hes very young still and I remember watching him against Man City, thought he was excellent. But I agree they have to invest next season in that position regardless!
I think they would be able to get Brown back but Mooy is being linked with a lot of teams, including Newcastle. I haven't seen much of Payne but it would be a big ask for him to fill Mooy's shoes.
I hope whoever wins tonight goes up, for geographical balance if nothing else!
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 9:47pm
Both clubs definitely offer something to the Premier League; Huddersfield as the underdog status and Wednesday as the trophy rich history with owners too wealthy for their own good who have been reluctant to recklessly splash out but could be tempted to in the EPL.

Whereas Fulham and Reading offer.... Err, I'm struggling to think, Care to help me out?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 9:53pm
I am not a fan of Reading, I didn't enjoy my visits there and I am very suspicious of any league team that changes their nickname. I do like Fulham but I can see your point. They, along with Wednesday, seemed the most ready to go up.

I do hope we get the cheap drama of penalties, even if it would be a horrible way to lose.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 10:08pm
Westwood to be the penalties hero? Cool

Have a soft spot for Sheffield Wednesday but ultimately would prefer Reading only for the fatc they have more Irish players in their team but if not Reading then Wednesday for me. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 10:13pm
I'll be well pissed off if either of these score now.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I'll be well pissed off if either of these score now.

LOL

But if it was Huddersfield you'd forgive them Wink
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 10:28pm
Well that's the Sheffield Derby confirmed for next season.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 10:28pm
Nice when you get to the penalty shootout and the manager can say " right all ze Germans step forward first"
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 10:31pm
yer man did not look confident taking the last pen.

Keeper didnt seem to realise he'd won the game, until he saw his team mates running towards him.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 10:34pm
Wednesday bottled it again
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 10:36pm

Nice when you get to the penalty shootout and the manager can say " right all ze Germans step forward first"

I think your man was a centre back as well so I foolishly thought Westy had a chance LOL

Great penalty Clap

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 10:37pm

And he had 2 Germans up his sleeve for the sudden if necessary

Schindler
our capt at 1860 last year who could be heading into the Bundesliga III on Sunday if results don't go our way

Quaner ex Union Berlin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 126127128129130 192>
  Share Topic