Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

He's in good form and he most suits Mick's style of play, so he probably should start.
Yep hes a big lad and i think he would cause their back line loads of problems . I hope he starts also Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 2:22pm
James has scored for Luton against Swansea this afternoon.

Just seen the goal on SSN the keeper should have done better

Edited by Double Maxim - 27 Jun 2020 at 4:02pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 8:08pm
James has scored a peno for Luton tonight.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 9:00pm
Ryan Manning conceded the penalty that he scored.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 9:03pm
13 goals in his maiden Championship season, not a bad return. Maybe he'll get picked up by another side if Luton go down.
We're decent enough..
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 9:18pm
He has scored goals wherever he has been. Even on his debut for Ireland, though he struggled in his subsequent three appearances. May keep Luton up yet.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 11:24pm
I would be surprised to see him in an Ireland shirt again tbh
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I would be surprised to see him in an Ireland shirt again tbh

I’d be gutted 
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 6:38pm
Still the most prolific player we have available playing the top two divisions (Doherty is still top Premier scorer with a meagre four goals I believe) and only one to reach double figures. So still has to be an option, though Long and Mcgoldrick offer a lot more all round contribution and Connolly, Idah, Obafemi, Parrot etc have the future potential on their side. 
No worse an option than Hogan though
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 9:45pm
James scored for Luton against Rotherham tonight.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

James scored for Luton against Rotherham tonight.

First bit of good news this week
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 3:29pm
Not everyone's cup of tea but Collins scores today and looks to be the only Irish player getting goals.

If the march games where this week id say he needs to be in with a shout
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Not everyone's cup of tea but Collins scores today and looks to be the only Irish player getting goals.

If the march games where this week id say he needs to be in with a shout

On form alone you are right. I think we all want to see a younger player come on before March, develop and score goals as that will be the longer term solution. 
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

If the march games where this week id say he ne eds to be in with a shout

Good outlet. Him and Connolly for me. 

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 4:37pm
Agree with the sentiments being expressed here if the squad was being announced tomorrow you feel he would have to be included.  We don't have many players scoring hat tricks at any club. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 5:20pm
He offers something different than most other strikers in our squads at the minute would be interesting to see how a front 2 of him and connolly/idah would go
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 5:22pm
Idah hasn't done enough for me to include him. Himself and Connolly would cause defenders problems you would think. We were unlucky to have been starved of Connolly for the the autumn internationals.
(Pardon the rugby pun)

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 12 Dec 2020 at 5:22pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Idah hasn't done enough for me to include him. Himself and Connolly would cause defenders problems you would think. We were unlucky to have been starved of Connolly for the the autumn internationals.
(Pardon the rugby pun)

It's just one game but Connolly and Collins didn't gel together at all against Switzerland.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
  Share Topic