Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Originally posted by exgrad exgrad wrote:

US move would mean probably finished for Ireland so I'm all for it.

Yeah because we have loads of other better options at the moment. Should we just send the whole squad to the US as they are clearly blocking the wonderful players we have waiting to replace them? 

Absolutely ridiculous 
LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 4:41pm
I hear he is going to sign for Treaty Utd
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

No reason to share this other than it makes me laugh

Broken English LOL
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 2:26pm
James Collins has scored this afternoon good header too.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

James Collins has scored this afternoon good header too.

Himself and Robinson are our 2 best options up front at the moment imo.
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
MacMathuna View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacMathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 4:50pm
assist too to win game 3-2 from 2-0 down at half time. He seems to always perform well for luton but never seems to start. Manager not like him I wonder.
Sinne Fianna Fáil atá fé gheall ag Éirinn.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by MacMathuna MacMathuna wrote:

assist too to win game 3-2 from 2-0 down at half time. He seems to always perform well for luton but never seems to start. Manager not like him I wonder.

I had hope for Collins that he might be like Kieffer Moore for Wales in that he would come in and hit the ground running and do what he does at Championship level nick goals. 

Unfortunately he hasn’t and don’t mind not score has been missing complete and utter sitters like the one against Luxembourg. The goal against Serbia respect to him. 

He’s still an option in the near future for sure actually off the bench with 20-30 minutes to go if you need a goal he would be an okay option. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 6:14pm
His contract at Luton is up at the end of the season. They want him to sign a new one but he hasn't so far, which might explain why he has not been starting games. There has been interest reported from other Championship clubs.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by MacMathuna MacMathuna wrote:

I had hope for Collins that he might be like Kieffer Moore for Wales in that he would come in and hit the ground running and do what he does at Championship level nick goals. 

Unfortunately he hasn’t and don’t mind not score has been missing complete and utter sitters like the one against Luxembourg. The goal against Serbia respect to him. 

He’s still an option in the near future for sure actually off the bench with 20-30 minutes to go if you need a goal he would be an okay option. 

Don't get me wrong Collins should've scored but I wouldn't consider it a sitter in comparison with Hourihane's one against Slovakia.

Hourihane was in control of the ball and had more time than he realized to pick his spot, whereas Collins was coming onto a low cross. It was also a decent save from the goalie in fairness. 

As depressing as it sounds, Collins is our best out and out striker at the minute imo. Robinson has been very good the last couple of games but is still more of a wing forward rather than a central one. Would probably start both in the next match.  
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 5:17pm
Looks like he's off to join big Mick at Cardiff 

Edited by nvidic - 18 May 2021 at 5:17pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

James Collins and Kieffer Moore. It was made clear by Mick Mack that Moore had to play so much this season as he hadn’t any alternatives to him and would need depth. Well he’s got that now.

Edited by kevin100 - 18 May 2021 at 5:25pm
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 8:59am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Hopefully a good move for him.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 8:48pm
Terrible miss yesterday which is a pity as I think he's arguably our best striker for getting into the dangerous positions. Kenny seems to rate him too. 

Would love see either him or Idah score against Hungary. Have a feeling Kenny will start Idah. 
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 9:40pm
Would rather have Seanie 'big fat gypsy wedding' Maquire up front......and he's bloody awful
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Terrible miss yesterday which is a pity as I think he's arguably our best striker for getting into the dangerous positions. Kenny seems to rate him too. 

Would love see either him or Idah score against Hungary. Have a feeling Kenny will start Idah. 

Idah for Collins. Troy has to start and see can he build on his 2 goals yesterday. Horgan for Curtis. Id be happy to see that 3 to stary with.
I love beer gardens
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 10:12pm
You do wonder when you see how much grief Connolly, Parrott, and to a lesser extent Idah have gotten on this forum, and Collins, despite stinking out the place with most of his performwnces, and consistently missing clear cut chances pretty much gets a pass, and rated our best forward by some posters.

As for the people who think he is some sort of version of John Walters, i presume they have never seen him play. Thought it was embarrasing watching him get bullied out in Georgia, but watching the Andorrans push him around, Jesus.  Would be happy to never see him in an Irish Jersey again.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 10:24pm
On a goals scored front Collins has been the best available forward for us. 

You could argue that he is a better option than 2 days ago parrott but I think parrott has earned a further look now.

I just hope Kenny doesn't persist with a holding midfield role for Hourihane, he's been brutal there every time he's played. 

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by exgrad exgrad wrote:

You do wonder when you see how much grief Connolly, Parrott, and to a lesser extent Idah have gotten on this forum, and Collins, despite stinking out the place with most of his performwnces, and consistently missing clear cut chances pretty much gets a pass, and rated our best forward by some posters.

As for the people who think he is some sort of version of John Walters, i presume they have never seen him play. Thought it was embarrasing watching him get bullied out in Georgia, but watching the Andorrans push him around, Jesus.  Would be happy to never see him in an Irish Jersey again.

LOL

Ah yes, he has never gotten criticized on this forum. Embarrassed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
  Share Topic