You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAO YBIG Tradesmen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 23>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Radiator in the hall continually stops working
It’s been bled and flushed out repeatedly 
At random times other rads would stop working but got them going again, but hall one is impossible to keep working

Any advice?

Turn heating off, then turn each radiator off at the nozzle.

Now turn heating back on again and turn nozzle in hall 1/4 of the way until you start to hear a flow and feel it heating up.

Now do the same with each rad one at a time. Leave them all at 1/4 of the way turned. Makes no difference to the temperature they get up to, it just takes slightly longer to heat.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 8:29pm
Thumbs Upwill give that a try Thumbs Up
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 8:42pm
Failing that you could try putting them in the fridge.
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Looking to get a full 2 bedroom apartment painted.

Any idea on how much this would cost?

1000/1500 would be the ballpark. Depending on condition, colours etc. 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 4:09pm
It's definitely less if the whole apartment is one colour. If some of the rooms are different, it'll cost a bit more, because then not only do you need extra paint, but there's extra time cleaning brushes and rollers and the like. You're obviously far better off supplying the paint and all yourself.

It also depends whether you just want the walls done or if you need everything else done too (doors, skirting, sills, rads, that sort of thing) as the extras are very fiddly, use different paint and take longer. Chances are the doors and rads don't need done but you can count an extra few hundred if you want all that done too.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 5:28pm
I have a feeling that it will be three colours. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 6:30am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I have a feeling that it will be three colours. 
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 9:40am
1800e was the cost.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 10:06am
What did you get for that? Skirts, doors & sills as well? Ceilings? Or just the walls? I'm curious because I might be getting a bit done myself as well.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 10:11am
sounds very steep. How long did it take?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 10:21am
Literally everything got painted.

3 quotes were all close to one another, painter said it would take a week.

The apartment size is 62sq m.

Edited by horsebox - 08 Nov 2019 at 10:22am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

At random times other rads would stop working but got them going again, but hall one is impossible to keep working

Any advice?

Now turn heating back on again and turn nozzle in hall 1/4 of the way until you start to hear a flow and feel it heating up.

Now do the same with each rad one at a time. Leave them all at 1/4 of the way turned. Makes no difference to the temperature they get up to, it just takes slightly longer to heat.

I tried that
All the radiators were warm for about an hour or so after it and then the hall one stopped working

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 10:54am

Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Any advice?

I tried that
All the radiators were warm for about an hour or so after it and then the hall one stopped working

Try it again, but this time, don't turn back on upstairs. Once they are all hot downstairs, turn them off again and repeat once or twice more downstairs. It is usually just a flow thing.

Once downstairs is boxed off, slowly turn on upstairs one at a time. It can take a bit of patience.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 7:56pm
Lads it’s a radiator question, have a double rad in kitchen and double rad in sitting room, both of them are not putting out the heat they should be, don’t need to be bled as tried it and they are full, they are only Luke warm at the bottom and warmish not hot hot at the top, any ideas ?
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Lads it’s a radiator question, have a double rad in kitchen and double rad in sitting room, both of them are not putting out the heat they should be, don’t need to be bled as tried it and they are full, they are only Luke warm at the bottom and warmish not hot hot at the top, any ideas ?
Probably the thermostat is jammed. Take off the thermostat and there is a pin on top of the valve, put a drop of oil around the pin then press it up and down a couple of times and put the thermostat back on, twist it full open and back to cold a few times see if that works
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 9:25pm

Any advice?
Probably as above baggio
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Probably the thermostat is jammed. Take off the thermostat and there is a pin on top of the valve, put a drop of oil around the pin then press it up and down a couple of times and put the thermostat back on, twist it full open and back to cold a few times see if that works
Thanks GL I’ll give that a go, would the rads need to be flushed clean and if so can it be done easily or does it need a plumber ?
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 9:37pm
Do it yourself, the thermostat will come off with vice grips or something similar, the pipe isn't open under that. It's just screwed on. You'll see a pin sticking up that's probably just stuck so when you're turning the thermostat it doesn't move the pin if you know what I mean.
Have a look on YouTube that's how I found out, it's simple enough to do tbh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 23>
  Share Topic