You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAO YBIG Tradesmen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 23>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

I did have a painter from tradesmen that fell off his A Frame ladder when painting my ceiling and sprained his ankle. He said it was first time ever LOL

He missed a day and a half but was back and finished the job with no fuss and minor inconvenience. 

Why didn't you do it yourself? 

It's not a difficult job.

Because i wasnt arsed and preferred to pay a professional?

Fair enough. I'm sure I'd do the same if I could afford to do so.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 9:14am
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

I did have a painter from tradesmen that fell off his A Frame ladder when painting my ceiling and sprained his ankle. He said it was first time ever LOL

He missed a day and a half but was back and finished the job with no fuss and minor inconvenience. 

Why didn't you do it yourself? 

It's not a difficult job.

I hate painting. I'd rather go to work for free at the weekend than paint another room in my house.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 9:42am
Have used that Tradesmen.ie site a bit for a few odd jobs down through the years. Always found it grand. Handy for even getting a few prices if you're thinking about a job 
Some people just deserve a slap
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:36am
Any Upholsterers or anyone do badge stitching on Jerseys on here.
My kid is looking for personalized gaming chair for his birthday, yes a cost of covid, too much time on youtube and gaming,

Looking to buy a chair and get it stitched, anyone any suggestions
Getting old and intolerant
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 10:34pm

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Cheers for that McG. If that works, I'll also bestow you with the honor of finding a solution to the drain issues in my office.

Take the head off and fill it with water and shake like f**k and see if silt comes out. Then to further alleviate the problem, soak the head in a sink full of water and lemon juice as that further breaks down the silt. If you're then really in the mood for some mind numbingly boring mundanity, stick a pin in each holes in the nozzle and clear it. 

This worked a treat. I used Vinegar instead of lemon juice but same idea. Good man McG Thumbs Up
El Puto Amo
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 10:57pm
Good stuff MC Thumbs Up
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 10:44pm
Folks, how much to install an insert stove (room heating only)  into an existing fireplace? Assume the existing chimney (a) doesn't need to be lined  or (b) needs to be lined. Ill supply the stove myself. Any body able to suggest a fitter? 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 8:12am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Folks, how much to install an insert stove (room heating only)  into an existing fireplace? Assume the existing chimney (a) doesn't need to be lined  or (b) needs to be lined. Ill supply the stove myself. Any body able to suggest a fitter? 

I got this priced and was coming in about 2 and half grand but that was not with a Dublin supplier.  Great crowd in Kivnara but not much good to you. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 9:14am

the cost involved in this tom is not actually fitting the stove itself its actually running the flue up through the existing chimney etc. etc. 

if i was sending a quote out for it i'd probably go along the lines of and get a least 5 quotes;

1. Installation of stove in fixed position in room. €  
2. Supply and install insulated flue from top of stove to Chimney approx 8m (allow a further 400mm approx from top of chimney. € 
3. Forming, capping and waterproofing chimney around flue. 
4. Supply and install new chimney cap € 

Look at the likes of https://www.oftec.org/ for installers as they are registered. You do get a lot of cowboys fitting stoves and flues that cause back draught and smoke to enter back down into the room and more still a build up of carbon monoxide  

Edited by Yiksheemash - 14 Aug 2020 at 9:17am
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 10:16am
would you need to get a big flue or would a micro Flue do.
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 10:17am

Are you going for a Green mortgage and getting
the BER rating up.
AKA pedantic kunt
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 11:27am

I was getting quotes of €1 - 1.2k last year for the installation with flue. Was costing more than the stove so put it off.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 1:24pm
Not a green mortgage as such , just taking some measures to make the house warmer. Having foam sprayed in the roof space too. 

Ultimately everyone will have the wrap round done under some government retro fit scheme, just trying some cheaper fixes myself. 
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 2:39pm

Not a green mortgage as such , just taking some measures to make the house warmer. Having foam sprayed in the roof space too. 

Ultimately everyone will have the wrap round done under some government retro fit scheme, just trying some cheaper fixes myself. 

Foam is a short term fix. any sort of moisture whatsoever and it will begin to decay over time. Did they install a breather membrane before they put in the foam? what sort of Warranty did they give you?

Best way of doing it is rigid insulation  and the prefered product would be Xtratherm Insulation. With cavities the best way now is to fill them with beads.  

for anyone that's doing a total revamp of a home to get the energy rating up you should consider the following:
air 2 water heating unit. 
PV Panels working in conjunction with the Air2Water unit
Heat recovery unit
Filling the cavity with beads
Rigid insulation in all areas of the roof
Insulated plasterboard on walls
Future Proof PVC double glazed windows  or Triple glazed windows that will get you a U-Value[0.7W/m²K]

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

Foam is a short term fix. any sort of moisture whatsoever and it will begin to decay over time. Did they install a breather membrane before they put in the foam? what sort of Warranty did they give you?

Best way of doing it is rigid insulation  and the prefered product would be Xtratherm Insulation. With cavities the best way now is to fill them with beads.  

for anyone that's doing a total revamp of a home to get the energy rating up you should consider the following:
Heat recovery unit
Future Proof PVC double glazed windows  or Triple glazed windows that will get you a U-Value[0.7W/m²K]

Even on the rare occasion that you seem to know what youre on about, you still come across as a ****LOL
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 3:15pm
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 4:56pm
Just to confirm I hadn't had any of the work done , and yes I'm aware that the spray foam needs the vent card. Seems to be a much smarter way than rigid boards that need to be cut to size? 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 12:13am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

Heat recovery unit

Even on the rare occasion that you seem to know what youre on about, you still come across as a ****LOL

Retire now Sham you won’t beat that post 😀😀😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 23>
  Share Topic