You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAO YBIG Tradesmen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 23>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 2:38pm
LOLLOL
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 2:41pm
LOLkin ell
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 2:43pm
Birdman is good friends with a good plumber Horsey Thumbs Up
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

He'll probably burn the house downLOL

I'm picturing Horsey in The Money Pit house

The Money Pit | Netflix
Money Pit mansion lives up to the 1986 movie script, with owners ...
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 2:50pm
Found this in my mail from 2011.

#Follow up email to Tradesmen.

Just to follow up on this.
The shower pump is not mounted to anything and is deemed unsafe.
The shower pump is also turned off - therefore unusable..
He did not use the correct washers rubber rings for the waste outlet.
The shower tray is leaking.

#Tradesmen response
Normally our policy is that we will suspend the tradesmen until they sort out the job for the client as this is really all the authority we have over them. But you say that you dont want them completeing the job.
I can put a note in their account that you made a formal complaint against them (wihout notifying the tradesmen)
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Whose that?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 4:04pm
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Did you try tradesmen.ie Dave? You can put in your budget and then tradespeople make contact. 

Got sorted no bother myself. Well, not quite no bother, but handy enough.

Bought a pump in the north for £450 and brought it to Dublin.
Wrong pump.
Detached the pump that was there and took it to Domestic Pumps out in Ballymount.
They fixed the pump (new bladder, two new return valves, new PCB), tested it and it works perfectly - €140.
Back to the gaff, put the repaired pump back in, and it's working grand.
Back up the road & the shop in the north have refunded me the full cost of the new, incorrect pump.

Handy enough, tbh. Far cheaper than getting a plumber out when I knew it was the pump. I took the cover off before I took it round to Ballymount and could see the PCB was f**ked - the capacitor was black, as was another part of the board. It's not cycling intermittently at all now - seems to be perfect, fingers crossed.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Did you try tradesmen.ie Dave? You can put in your budget and then tradespeople make contact. 

Wrong pump.
Detached the pump that was there and took it to Domestic Pumps out in Ballymount.
They fixed the pump (new bladder, two new return valves, new PCB), tested it and it works perfectly - €140.
Back up the road & the shop in the north have refunded me the full cost of the new, incorrect pump.

Handy enough, tbh. Far cheaper than getting a plumber out when I knew it was the pump. I took the cover off before I took it round to Ballymount and could see the PCB was f**ked - the capacitor was black, as was another part of the board. It's not cycling intermittently at all now - seems to be perfect, fingers crossed.

You can sort out Horsebox now Smile
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 6:02pm
Tradesmen seem to be the unluckiest, accident prone people out there. Listening to Horsebox's story reminded me of a few stories I got when doing up the house a few years ago.

Had a carpenter missing for weeks because he broke his hand after hitting it with a hammer, and the window fitters apprentice fell out a window so he fobbed me off for weeks too.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 8:58pm
I did have a painter from tradesmen that fell off his A Frame ladder when painting my ceiling and sprained his ankle. He said it was first time ever LOL

He missed a day and a half but was back and finished the job with no fuss and minor inconvenience. 

Edited by McG - 29 Jul 2020 at 9:06pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 9:05pm

I did have a painter from tradesmen that fell off his A Frame ladder when painting my roof and sprained his ankle. He said it was first time ever LOL

He missed a day and a half but was back and finished the job with no fuss and minor inconvenience. 

Translation - he was an old guy and I threatened him with all sort of legal sh*t so he hobbled in risked his life and finished the job as he didn’t want to lose his own house 

Thumbs Down
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

I did have a painter from tradesmen that fell off his A Frame ladder when painting my roof and sprained his ankle. He said it was first time ever LOL

Translation - he was an old guy and I threatened him with all sort of legal sh*t so he hobbled in risked his life and finished the job as he didn’t want to lose his own house 

Thumbs Down

I said roof and i meant ceiling EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

But no idea what you're implying 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 9:50pm

Wrong pump.

You’ll never be out of a job SD

Lawyer
Master chef
Plumber
Travel agent 

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 10:23pm

I did have a painter from tradesmen that fell off his A Frame ladder when painting my ceiling and sprained his ankle. He said it was first time ever LOL

Why didn't you do it yourself? 

It's not a difficult job.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 29 Jul 2020 at 10:27pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Wrong pump.

You’ll never be out of a job SD

Lawyer
Master chef
Plumber
Travel agent 

LOLLOLLOL
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

I did have a painter from tradesmen that fell off his A Frame ladder when painting my ceiling and sprained his ankle. He said it was first time ever LOL

Too busy looking down on people to paint the ceiling would be my guess Smile especially when he can effectively blackmail an old sick painter to do it Smile
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Because i wasnt arsed and preferred to pay a professional?
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 23>
  Share Topic