You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAO YBIG Tradesmen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 23>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoobedoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 4:30pm
Looking for some mechanical advise. My car won't hold 3rd gear, slips out. Two slips out as well but not as bad. Others are fine. Is this a new gear box job or can iit be fixed? Also I can I getby for a while and totally ignore the problem? Prob not the smartest option but Need me car next weekend for electric picnic. Knowing my look the car wouldn't be fixed on time and I'd be screwed. any ideas on price? I get the feeling this will cost a fortune. Its a mini cooper if that's any help.
The seeds of doubt that were sown at the weekend against Egypt have been doused by a dose of Jack Charlton's almighty weedkiller.<br />
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

With that much space you planning on becoming the Irish Fritzel

Gonna rent rooms out to femal students

So your the next Fritzl then, good luck with it
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by hoobedoo hoobedoo wrote:

Looking for some mechanical advise. My car won't hold 3rd gear, slips out. Two slips out as well but not as bad. Others are fine. Is this a new gear box job or can iit be fixed? Also I can I getby for a while and totally ignore the problem? Prob not the smartest option but Need me car next weekend for electric picnic. Knowing my look the car wouldn't be fixed on time and I'd be screwed. any ideas on price? I get the feeling this will cost a fortune. Its a mini cooper if that's any help.
PM 9fingers
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 5:08pm

With that much space you planning on becoming the Irish Fritzel

Gonna rent rooms out to femal students

So your the next Fritzl then, good luck with it
Dont want to say anything that could potentially incriminate myself
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 5:18pm

PM 9fingers

Get it checked out before you head anywhere, last thing you want is to be stranded somewhere.
Could be something simple like a worn selector cable or potentially it could be in the gearbox itself, worn selector fork, gear teeth etc, if it is the box, mOst of the time youd be as well off getting a reconditioned box off mr gearbox and the likes.

Impossible to know without seein it tbh, but definitely get it checked
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 8:00pm
If tis a Mini Cooper, the gearbox is likely fcuked. Ya may as well do the clutch while tis out of it as well...........

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 8:06pm

Year and model Mate. Some of the earlier ones had the gearbox in the engine sump.
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 9:51pm
Any plumbers who can fix gas heating?
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

BabbsBalls is yer man
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

BabbsBalls is yer man

You vouch for him?
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 9:59pm

BabbsBalls is yer man

You vouch for him?
I sure do
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 10:03pm

BabbsBalls is yer man

You vouch for him?
I sure do

I will pm him so
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 12:04am

Any bumders who can fix my ass with a  beating?

Corrected for you sport, I'm sure you'll get plenty of pms. Let us know how you get on
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
hoobedoo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoobedoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 12:59am
mini cooper 2002 1.6. thanks for the advice. ill drop it in tomorrow and hope for the best.
The seeds of doubt that were sown at the weekend against Egypt have been doused by a dose of Jack Charlton's almighty weedkiller.<br />
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 9:02am

Where is it Sham?
Ball park 100e per room,but depends on work involved/condition of rooms
I'll have a look for ye whenever you move in,give ye an idea
Clonee BSM, it will take 2 coats anyway, was rented out initially to people a lot darker than me, so needs a good bit of a refurb.

LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 11:34am

mini cooper 2002 1.6. thanks for the advice. ill drop it in tomorrow and hope for the best.

I wish you luck with that one brother,that gearbox needs recondition by the sounds of it,Very prone to failing.

I can put you onto a guy I use for recon Gearboxes if you want, Just pm me.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 3:45pm

BabbsBalls is yer man

If he doesn’t go as  far as drogheda, let me know! A good drog does plumbing!

Do you know any handyman in drogheda q man that doesn’t rip you off? Just for small odd jobs?

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

BabbsBalls is yer man

If he doesn’t go as  far as drogheda, let me know! A good drog does plumbing!

Do you know any handyman in drogheda q man that doesn’t rip you off? Just for small odd jobs?

whos the drog wheelo? pm me his number?

Sorry dude I don't know anyone , what jobs you need doing?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 23>
  Share Topic