You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAO YBIG Tradesmen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FAO YBIG Tradesmen
    Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 11:01am
BBQ Gas Regulator seems to be losing connection on the cylinder. Press down and the gas flows again but fire up the BBQ and it loses connection. Sometimes it stays lit for a few mins or a few secs, sometimes its grand. Only started happening in the last two weeks. Any ideas? New regulator or is there some sort of clean out needed on the regulator? Cylinder is still about 1/4 full or 3/4 empty if you’re a pessimist.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Horsey has a safe house on the Falls. He might let you use his address 

Ffs LOLLOL

LOLLOLLOL
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 8:13pm
I've bought loads of stuff from screwfix in Newry. You don't have to register but you can if you want to and they will do it under an address in the Republic.

I registered last year and I got a few free 5 pound vouchers since. The handiest thing about registering is that I can go back over my invoices online. Normally they are on the floor of the van covered in sh1te or have blown out the door on a job. 
Let Christy Take It.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 7:36pm

Ffs LOLLOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 7:14pm

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Heading to the north tomorrow and want to pick up a few things in Screwfixh - Had a look online and it's a fair bit cheaper than here.

Never bought anything from Screwfix before,Will I have to register with them to buy stuff in store and if so will I need a Nordy address?

Don’t think so SG 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 7:02pm
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 5:37pm
Heading to the north tomorrow and want to pick up a few things in Screwfix - Had a look online and it's a fair bit cheaper than here.

Never bought anything from Screwfix before,Will I have to register with them to buy stuff in store and if so will I need a Nordy address?

Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Any legal guru's on board YBIG?
O'Shea is the nations top libel and defamation lawyer 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 10:15pm

Superdave but has long since departed 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 7:55pm

Jamie Bryson  ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 6:13pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

There's a lot of talk of pumping The Walls. Not sure what he did to deserve this? Last year Ringerbell was wanting to rim the walls for his home bar. A lot of sick folk round here 

Ive got Cavity block cant get pumped
Getting old and intolerant
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 4:17am
There's a lot of talk of pumping The Walls. Not sure what he did to deserve this? Last year Ringerbell was wanting to rim the walls for his home bar. A lot of sick folk round here 
It would damage this forums' reputation
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 12:08am
got it done about 3 years ago and made a massive difference....the main thing being that the house “holds” the heat much better as in you can turn off your heating and the house remains warm for longer.

From what I can remember the grants are only aloud if you get the full house done (front,back and gable for a semi) and also you need a high efficiency boiler in the house,think there’s another stipulation but can’t remember.

One last thing....it’s pointless getting it done if you don’t have your windows and attic done.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 1:19pm
Got house pumped and one part of the house that which the room was always baltic dobecwith external insulation. Made a massive difference. Plenty of old houses round our way getting it done and it has made them look better than what they used to.
Chips don't bounce
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 12:44pm
Was looking at it myself. Case studies I had seen for three bed semis cost about €16k gross, reduced by approx half by Grants. Some finishes cost more than others.

It will make a huge difference to the comfort in a house. Typically with double or triple glazed doors and windows would make a heat pump and even heating possible after its done.

Had the attic roof pumped with Icynene 18 months ago and the difference that alone has made is huge. That was €1500 well spent.

Nice job done on a house across the road. Looks very well on the outside now 

Edited by Saint Tom - 19 Jan 2023 at 12:46pm
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 12:37pm

Steep enough.
I wonder would the internal insulation be a better option.

The front of our house is absolutely baltic and needs to be addressed.
it’s far less invasive than internal and you also potentially improve the look of it. 
After my mother passed away we had to get the house valued & the valuer/estate agent said it immediately puts 40/50k onto value 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
  Share Topic