Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Richard Keogh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Richard Keogh
    Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 1:28pm
Was just reading the report of the 5-5 cup game during the week (Firewall FC won on pens), this fella scored for Derby. 24 yrs old centre half, Coventry player of the season last year, moved to Derby and has been made captain. Former Irish U-21 international. 

Anyone seen him play/know much about him ? Have to say he escaped my attention until now, surely worth keeping an eye on, after all, it can't be long before somebody starts suggesting a call up for Paddy McCarthy again, might be better to concentrate on lads with most of their careers ahead of them...

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Sponsored Links

Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 2:18pm
He has been all over the place, even on loan in Iceland ,but had a good spell at carlisle to get his move to coventry. Looks to be settled now. We certainly aren't blessed with options and although he isn't a world beater I would take him before Mccarthy who is too old now and too slow at 17
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 5:14am
Looks like he's gonna be named in the squad on Monday:

The Irish Times
- Saturday, January 19, 2013

Trapattoni eyes defensive cover in Derby County's Keogh

EMMET MALONE

Giovanni Trapattoni will, weather permitting, be at Pride Park for today’s lunchtime game between Derby County and Nottingham Forest with Richard Keogh, it seems, being given another opportunity to persuade the Italian that he can provide defensive cover for the likes of Richard Dunne and Seán St Ledger if required.

The Republic of Ireland manager also watched County last week and while Conor Sammon, Mark O’Brien and Jeff Hendrick all played too as Nigel Clough’s side lost 2-1 to Brighton, the 26-year-old centre-half looks to be the main point of interest from Trapattoni’s point of view in a game that should also feature Simon Cox but not the injured Andy Reid.

Keogh could well be included in the squad that Trapattoni will name on Monday for the forthcoming friendly against Poland.

Anthony Pilkington of Norwich is also likely to get his first senior international call up for the game.

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert said yesterday that Dunne would not be rushed back after so long out but the Scot confirmed that the 33-year-old defender has trained with the rest of the squad over the past few days.

"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 5:43am
How about Alex Pearce and Ciaran Clark as defensive cover if required...or move John O'Shea to the centre?? Still lets see what he can do.

Edited by grannyrule - 19 Jan 2013 at 5:44am
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 4:22pm
just scored
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 9:26am
He will be coming into the camp with a lot of confidence. Also, isn't he derby captain?

For 26 that is good and very young still for a centre bacK!
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
JamesyIrishGuy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesyIrishGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 10:48am
Sky Sports Interview - Richard Keogh (28/2/14) 
Richard Keogh speaks exclusively to the Weekend Warm-up about Derby's push for promotion and his call-up for the Ireland national team.
I'm Mick McCarthy's baby!
cormacbyrne View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cormacbyrne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 11:57am
This chaps really starting to look decent,good chance he'll be playing premier league football next year too! And hes only 26 meaning we could get another 5 years out of him,minimum
Cormac
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 12:44pm
Big hopes for this fella.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Big hopes for this fella.

Really...haven't seen much of him but what I have seen he looks no better than Sledge or O Dea.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 1:54pm
Seen him at Coventry on a few occasions. Always stood out. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

keith3307 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith3307 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 4:47pm
He's won player of the year awards for the last four years straight. At Carlisle, Coventry and Derby. And looks in good position to add a fifth straight this year.
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 6:15pm
I seen him a few times and looks a very good centre half, in my opinion the best we have. Dunne looks past his sell by to me, and keogh is miles ahead of st ledger. Him and o'shea would be my pick.
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 6:20pm
No way Keogh should come in ahead of Clark.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

Only 6 hours ago you said you hadnt seen much if him, so how can you compare him with Clark?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Only 6 hours ago you said you hadnt seen much if him, so how can you compare him with Clark?

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 7:20pm

I've seen enough of Clark to think that he should get a run alongside Josh...Clark is a fine player that also has an eye for a goal.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 7:22pm

I've seen enough of Clark to think that he should get a run alongside Josh...Clark is a fine player that also has an eye for a goal.

FFS

Tell me this.

Are you still boycotting the Ireland games?

Clark's last goal for Villa was nearly 2 years ago .

Edited by horsebox - 02 Mar 2014 at 7:24pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>
  Share Topic