Topic ClosedCroke Part Moan Number 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Croke Part Moan Number 2
    Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 4:46pm
Sorry Percy, you started a Croker thread but this really pissed me off last night.  That free kick Cyprus got in injury time was fookin critical and the Irish team needed to be fully concentrated, but what happens?  That stupid bogger PA announcer (it was the GAA lad, not the fella who'd been announcing the other stuff during the evening) called out a personal f*ckin message.  IN INJURY TIME WITH US TRYING TO DEFEND A FREE KICK!!!!

Who gave that c**t the authority to announce a message with 1 poxy minute left for play.  I was fookin steaming.  Stupid bastard, anyone of the Irish coulda switched off with that interruption to allow Cyprus score.

Fook off with personal messages in future.  Bollocks. Angry
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 4:48pm
Heard that. all i could say was WTF????

"Could Michael McMenamin please go to section 515 of the Hogan stand" in typical Father Ted character voice
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 4:54pm
Urgent message, i.e. your fat mullah mates are outside waiting cause they always leave 10 mins early and want you to get the finger out so they can go the pub!Angry
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 5:30pm
Only remembering this now. The whole set up is laughable to be honest. The new annoucer lad's voice is shockingly boring.

The other lad must have got the sack for this campaign after the whole "West Germany" fiasco. That was probably the highlight of the last campaign.

McG, have you been thinking about Michael much today?

Edited by Honey Monster - 16 Oct 2008 at 5:32pm
tirchonaill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by McGoldrick2284 McGoldrick2284 wrote:

Heard that. all i could say was WTF????

"Could Michael McMenamin please go to section 515 of the Hogan stand" in typical Father Ted character voice

He was from Enniskillen, hot-bed of Irish supportConfused
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 5:43pm
Jaysus, and I thought the old Lansdowne "all stewarts to end of match positions" was bad enough.
F**kin amateur stuff.
There are friendlier places to drink.
Tuff Paddy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
It's Rome!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 5:55am
Did this really happen? I have visions of Ted and Dougal lost in the lingerie section and the priest with the "most boring voice in Ireland"!
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 6:05am
It did TP, could it not be heard on the telly? He said yer man's name 4 times in a row i think!
Bondvillain View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 6:18am
Very close to the scene indeed. "Would all customers please make their way to the checkouts. Not that way. The other way".

Load of ould sh*te.  Between the shoddy embarrassment of getting the Late Noel O Reilly's age wrong; the stewards ignoring elderly match goers needing assistance because they were too busy removing Irish flags from empty advertising hoardings and Nary a mention of the Bulgarian result before kick off, nor a mention that montengro were making life difficult for Italy during the game.

There was No MOM announcement, no attendance announcement, & no injury time announcement until the 91st minute, but yet time was found to have Father Hastings, the priest with the most boring voice in Ireland give an urgent message to help locate Mr McMenimin the second before a cypriot Free kick was struck deep in our half.

Thats not even taking into account the cynicism of  the crowd being Encouraged to give a warm welcome to the MD of a multinational record company sitting in the corporate seats, who's crappy signings were boring the arse off us over the tannoy at half time, leading me to believe that the FAI entertainment commit-tee  (because they get arseloads of money to play the Kings of leon and the basterin'  Blizzards) think that that we fans will consider these sub "One Tree Hill" soundtrack acts to be acceptable replacements for Christy, Ronnie, U2 or the Fureys etc at an Irish international game.

We dont.

How do these people manage to tie their shoelaces, never mind run an international Football federation?
Forza Verde!
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 6:20am
BV, very well said mate.........Thumbs%20Up

Think I'll email Gerry McDermott to complain about the Noel O'Reilly gaffe and that fookin personal announcement at the free kick.

Edited by FREEWHEELER - 17 Oct 2008 at 6:21am
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 6:26am
Very true BV, you would wonder how these people get these jobs. Really is like something from a Ted episode. I mean honestly, how did they manage to get Noel's DOB wrong. Their stupidity and lack of observation to the things that really matter is beyond belief
nedge View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 8:25am

Definitely something here for the Press to get their teeth into. Instead of attempting to undermine Trap though the Andy Reid situation, they should use their criticism and moaning constructively.

I actually didn't realise how bad the whole operation was run on Wednesday night until reading through the Board. Jesus, it was actually shocking come to think of it. A good few opportunities to get the crowd interested, including the progress of the two other games in the group, and nothing announced at all. Any other ground in the world would be geeing the fans up with this information!!!

On another note, it really pissed me off when I saw fans leaving before the final whistle. Not just a few, but a good lot. The game was very open, and either team could have scored. What miserable 'supporters' take off a full 10 mins before the end with the result teetering so precariously???

“Hopefully, when we get to Croke Park, we’ll bamboozle the opposition"
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 8:41am
Nedge, when Ireland were 3 down after 25 minutes to Spain at Lansdowne in 1993, people walked out despite an almighty clamour for tickets.  I abused the fook outa them when they were leaving.   But worse again was people leaving early in the 1-0 Holland victory when Trigger scored.  Can you fookin believe that??  The hardcore/fanatics stay, sing and get behind the boys, the other coonts are the event junkies, bandwagon t**sers that I despise.  They'll always do that sadly.  I always pray for a late Irish goal when I see them upping and leaving.  F*Ckers.
nedge View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 8:48am

Just like those 'fans' that left when Liverpool were losing to Milan in the Champs League Final. I was very happy for those people to miss their 'beloved' Reds winning it in the end.

Hopefully same will happen one day with Ireland. Be losing to Italy 1-0 only to turn it around and win 2-1 with five minutes to go.
“Hopefully, when we get to Croke Park, we’ll bamboozle the opposition"
Justice Shark View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 8:54am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Nedge, when Ireland were 3 down after 25 minutes to Spain at Lansdowne in 1993, people walked out despite an almighty clamour for tickets.  I abused the fook outa them when they were leaving.   But worse again was people leaving early in the 1-0 Holland victory when Trigger scored.  Can you fookin believe that??  The hardcore/fanatics stay, sing and get behind the boys, the other coonts are the event junkies, bandwagon t**sers that I despise.  They'll always do that sadly.  I always pray for a late Irish goal when I see them upping and leaving.  F*Ckers.
Was at both FW..defo fookers were leaving at Spain but the Dutch match match? Jaysus did think anyone was leaving that before the end..I was on South Terrace for that and certainly no one on STerrace was leavin'..shockin' stuff if that's true cuase tickets were like golddust for that match

Edited by Justice Shark - 17 Oct 2008 at 8:54am
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 2:44pm
never understand people leaving games early, arent you paying way over the odds for the fooking ticket you may as well get your 90 minutes worth Angry
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
Tuff Paddy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
It's Rome!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 2:58pm
The only thing I have ever left early in my life is Mass :0)
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 4:04pm
Croke Park = my arse

Edited by The Count - 17 Oct 2008 at 4:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic