You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

West Ham

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 87>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: West Ham
    Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 6:26am
Looks like they are going to get the Olympics stadium according to reports on five live just then.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 7:20am

Will be very hard to create a decent atmosphere in that stadium considering how far the pitch will be from the fans.

Out of order
Marley+ View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marley+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 7:35am
Cant see how whu will be able to fill it.
Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 7:49am
Isnt the capacity being reduced by about 30 % ?
Out of order
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 9:05am
About time there was a WHU topic on this forum!

Long term West Ham fan myself and am a bit skeptical. Was at a few games last season and was surprised to see most fans are very enthusiastic about it. Seemed to think the biggere capacity would lead to cheaper tickets which would result in more people going to gmaes. Very working class area so locals can't afford the prices that Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs charge. They see Fulham as the perfect example, cheap tickets, good football, nice stadium.

Also heard a lot of people saying that foreign players prefer to come to stadiums like the Olympic Stadium rather than Upton Park. I love UP, but I suppose that's more nostalgia.

I was worried bout the atmosphere too, but there's loads of examples of places that create atmospheres with running tracks (Lazio, River Plate). If the fans are good enough, they'll be fine.
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 9:40am
Don't mean to be disrespectful to WHU but if you think that you will have any type of an atmosphere in that stadium with the reduced cap and the running track ...you are in for a big surprise ....from behind the goal you will be 100m away from the field .

Don't see why you would be compared to Fulham....they have a very small stadium as it is ( although they are extending it) It is agreat place to see a game in probably the niceest setting for a stadium in the UK. It is also a very wealthy part of London and they have a huge neutral end that  is usuallly filled out with away fans on big match days .

The best soln for the stadium in Straford was what Spurs proposed ...buldoze it and build afresh and build the legacy for athletics in Crystal Palace . Keep the current shell for football is madness.

WHU are hardly Lazio ( share with Roma) or River Plate .

WHU might be sharing with the orient FFS.

This could kill off the hammers if they get it wrong

So glad Spurs did not get it
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 9:44am
I see ravel morrison has been a big hit down there
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
flick View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 12:20pm
id rather see a bit of movement in the transfer market Thumbs Down
GWAN YBIG
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 2:21pm
The big concern for west ham fans, is the they will not own the stadium. They will receive a good price for the sale of Upton Park, but the club's only assets as such will be the players. This will place a huge amount of trust in the owners to use the money from the sale of Upton Park extremely wisely, and not pay it into their own pockets.
         That would be a huge concern for me if I were a fan, you are hoping the owners have the long term interest of the club at heart. 
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 5:28pm
Upton Park is a quality ground, I would be well pissed off if I was a Hammer
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 5:42pm
Good articles this, inspired by the truly hypothetical bullsh!t Karren Brady came out with in The scum shortly before they got the stadium

http://www.tottenblog.com/2011/02/karen-brady-sequel-hypocritical-day.html
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:16am
Delighted a horrible club deserves a soulless home. They will fill it twice a decade
Curiousdub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curiousdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:40am
Should have gone to Spurs.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Delighted a horrible club deserves a soulless home. They will fill it twice a decade

Totally agree. Horrible club with no potential!! Deserve what they get going into that stadium! Hopefully they go straight back down!

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 8:49am
and their owners made their money by selling dildos ...some football men they are ...Daniel Levy will have been proven right about this stadium. Just imagine if West ham go back down again this year and have to start life in their new stadium while palying in the championship...would be interesting to see the puss on that aul wagon Brady then.

hammer fans by and large are decent and realistic though....I suspect at this stage many are very concerned about this
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

I suspect at this stage many are very concerned about this

I was actually reading one of their fanzines last year when this was been proposed and amazingly some of them in that were supporting the move!

I would’ve thought more would be against it ‘on the ground’ – but maybe they are idiots after all!

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
greengiant View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 9:52am

I was chatting to 2 life long WH fans last night,there over here on a holiday,they say the majority is behind it. The main attraction to them is investment,publicity and sponsorship,the track is going to be replaced with moveable seating so thats not a concern for them. They see West Ham as a big big club and now they are getting a stadium that matches that, they would have no problem filling 60,000 if the club stays in the premier league they say and if they dont they are hoping some millionaire is attracted to the club because of the stadium. In fairness i dont think we can really be saying they are idiots to be accepting or welcoming the move,they are bound to know a little more about it considering its their country,city and club? Confused,pair of racist f**ks tho....actually probably the biggest racists iv ever met in my life!!

The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood
irish boogie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish boogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 10:07am
A long time hammer and i think there will be a big investment lined up to make sure they have a team capable of filling the stadium and Chairman has said they will probably have retractable seating on the running track and its being reduced to 60,000, I Dont expect spurs fans to be any way complimentery as they thought they would get it (although will say they never wanted it now )
I love Upton Park but if the investment is there we should go for it.
Thank You Torun and Tyskie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 87>
  Share Topic