Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

West Ham

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 87>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Yeah, he's exactly what Liverpool needed this year

In fairness, I think this has been one of Moyes' shrewdest moves. But the team is almost unrecognisable in terms of personnel from last season. He has taken serious control of a squad that was packed with deadwood, and has only added it to it sensibly. 
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 5:46pm
Classic game of two halves.

West Ham in control first half and the Arse making a comeback in the second.

Edited by Double Maxim - 21 Mar 2021 at 5:47pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Classic game of two halves.

West Ham in control first half and the Arse making a comeback in the second.

Very bad result for West Ham, need to be beating these teams to make top 4.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 7:24am
Another great result for the amers at Wolves.

Fourth and at home to Leicester on Sunday.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 8:28am
Jesse Lingard has just been fantastic. WH have a lot of wingers and attacking midfielders on their books, but nothing like him. The shame is, his value has undoubtedly risen dramatically (unless there is an option to buy already embedded), and I expect other teams will be after him in the summer.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 8:53am
Still plenty of work to do for CL positions, by my match we need minimum 6 wins from 8.

Southampton, Brighton, West Brom, Newcastle and Burnley (4 of those away), probably need to be all wins - tall ask but possible.

Then it comes down to the 3 home games against top 4 rivals - Leicester on Sunday, Everton and Chelsea. Probably been 4-6 points there. You'd have loved those to be at Upton Park packed to the rafters.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 9:32am
Missing Rice, Ogbonna and Antonio will make it difficult.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 3:29pm
West Ham 3 up on Leicester. 

I expect Chelsea and Liverpool to take the remaining Champions League places but West Ham have a very decent run-in against teams who will be safe from relegation apart from West Brom. They could be dark horses for 4th spot. 

Europa league qualification would be an excellent return. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 11:47am
In the end it was a bit tighter than it needed to be. However, WH bossed the game for an hour, and could have been four or five up. The difficulty is, the wafer thin squad means that any injuries or suspensions immediately changes the dynamic of the team, and it seems to deteriorate after changes are made. Realistically, there are only a few options that allow the team to keep its shape. Yesterday, Cresswell went off, Balbuena came on and joined Diop and Dawson in the centre, while Masuaku went out to the left. Albrighton was introduced, and had a field day. 

I still think it will be exceedingly tough to get Top 4.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 10:13pm
Another good win for the amers fifth top currently.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 6:37am
Chelsea have to play Man City / Arsenal and Leicester next.
They won’t get 6 points from those games.

If West Ham can win their final 4 games they will get top 4. 

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 6:05pm
Two points off the CL, but comprehensive qualification for the EL and sixth place, with a number of club records broken in the PL.

On another note this goes a significant way to restoring Moyes' reputation after his time at Man United,Sunderland and in Spain. He has worked wonders on a relatively tight budget, and has managed the squad excellently, with all his signings being a success, the departures have not been missed, and the players are enjoying working under him. He has gone from salvaging WHU to taking them into Europe. Rice and Soucek have been immense with Antonio, Lingard, Bowen, and Soucek scoring almost 40 goals between them.

Also, nice to outrank Arsenal and Spurs.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 6:18pm
Not a fan of West Ham as a club but this was very impressive. Moyes deserves manager of the season. 

To finish ahead of Spurs and Arsenal in any league season is a fantastic achievement for West Ham. 

Bowen and Soucek were excellent any time I watched a West Ham match. 

I hope that Europa League spot might persuade Rice to stay another season as I don't want to see him play for United. 

Edited by irishmufc - 23 May 2021 at 6:19pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Not a fan of West Ham as a club but this was very impressive. Moyes deserves manager of the season. 

To finish ahead of Spurs and Arsenal in any league season is a fantastic achievement for West Ham. 

I hope that Europa League spot might persuade Rice to stay another season as I don't want to see him play for United. 

Why don’t you want him to play for Man Utd.  He would be better than Fred surely. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 6:23pm
I don't think Rice is going anywhere in the immediate term. I also suspect he is more likely to head to Chelsea when the move ultimately happens. Funny enough, I think he is unbelievably underrated around the place.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Why don’t you want him to play for Man Utd.  He would be better than Fred surely. 

For the purely selfish reason that I couldn't stomach having to watch the treacherous coont play for my favourite EPL side. I just wouldn't feel as comfortable on my barstool roaring him on in United colours. Wink

He would be an asset to United and he's a good player but overrated imo (even if he stuck with us) by the English media. 

I wouldn't want him or Grealish (to a lesser extent) play for United from an Ireland supporter perspective. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 11:55am
Europa League draw today. Dinamo Zagreb, Genk, Rapid Vienna.

Winners of the group get a bye in the next round while 2nd places play off against the CL teams, so decent incentive to top the group.

Have a feeling the European games and Top 4 chase will break West Ham's small squad. Antonio is injury prone at the best of times.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 3:59pm
Apparently Zouma is about to sign. Lingard is supposedly in the pipeline, depending on who you read, and Vlasic has also been spoken of. I think there will be plenty of rotation, but the difficulty will be injury problems, and there are a fair few players in the squad with a history of injury.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 87>
  Share Topic