You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Masterson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:46pm
It's not 2 months when it was suggested on this forum (by me and most others) that masterson was not up to the standard of a championship player and should drop down a league, and now he's pulling in some positive reviews on his performances.

It just shows how difficult it is to predict where a young players career is heading even over the space of a few weeks.

Masterson has been very patient here and has showed some doubters wrong so far.
Sponsored Links

johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 3:08pm
https://twitter.com/QPR/status/1219273379653402625?s=09

Highlights of him from the Leeds match
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 4:54pm
He likes to run with the ball!

Decent showing from such an inexperienced player.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 5:41pm
Makes a bit of a mockery of those that panicked so quickly over his chances, and indeed Warburton for ignoring/talking him down.
We're decent enough..
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He likes to run with the ball!

Decent showing from such an inexperienced player.

Seemed to win his fair share of headers in that game.

Carrying the ball from defence to attack! Who does he think he is, Mathias Sammer?

Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 2:46pm
Glad he's coming through but won't be long before his legs are gone
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 11:02am
As others have pointed out he had a very solid game. I was at it with a fellow ybigger. One of the things I found most impressive was his leadership qualities. A very vocal lad who took on the responsibility of organizing his team mates around him when defending set pieces. There was only one mistake I can recall and that was when Bamford turned him and proceeded to miss the one v one (Masterson could very easily of hauled him down and seen red). Apart from that moment he was excellent. Brilliant in the air.  

Lets hope Warburton continues to play him.

Edited by colemanY2K - 24 Jan 2020 at 11:07am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 12:21pm
http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-leeds-player-ratings-180120-html

Got an 8/10 rating for his performance against Leeds. Fair play to him Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 7:49pm
both himself and Ryan Manning Start on the red button on BT1.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

I hope the button deserved it.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Shodipo on the bench too 
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 10:13pm
Watch the game, Masterson was good, very good with ball at his feet, manning ok, he looks good on the ball but not confident defending. 
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Watch the game, Masterson was good, very good with ball at his feet, manning ok, he looks good on the ball but not confident defending. 

I read the QPR keeper was at fault for the first goal. Was Masterson or Manning involved in the concession of their second?
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 10:51pm
No none of them were at fault for any of the goal 1st was keeper mistake as well as 2 qpr player day dream from a quick throw.the 2nd was counter attack
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

I read the QPR keeper was at fault for the first goal. Was Masterson or Manning involved in the concession of their second?

Was a mix up with masterson but keeper being blamed (in fact they are organising a linch mob). QPR fans are having a love in about Masterson at the moment. Glad its turning around for him as I was worried maybe managers didn't think he was a big enough unit. I'm super confident we have 3 classy  defenders in Collins, O shea and Masterson who can all play ball too coming in behind the 3 premier league level centre halves we already have. It's our best area in my opinion. 5-3-2 incoming for slovakia haha
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 10:54pm
Randomly met a QPR fan. Positive reviews of the Irish efforts.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 11:04pm
There was no mix up with Masterson. He wasn't near the keeper for the first goal
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Was a mix up with masterson but keeper being blamed (in fact they are organising a linch mob). QPR fans are having a love in about Masterson at the moment. Glad its turning around for him as I was worried maybe managers didn't think he was a big enough unit. I'm super confident we have 3 classy  defenders in Collins, O shea and Masterson who can all play ball too coming in behind the 3 premier league level centre halves we already have. It's our best area in my opinion. 5-3-2 incoming for slovakia haha

They don't seem too happy with 'Warbs' selection of the keeper either. 
CB is looking very strong for us. In fact, we appear to have (for the first time in years) the makings of a really strong spine to the team from CB, CM and Strikers. We might have difficulty with a keeper but it is too early to tell. As for full backs we have players that can slot in when Stevens and Doherty's time is up. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>
  Share Topic