You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Masterson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 19>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 10:34am
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Being released form his contract at Liverpool
https://www.balls.ie/football/report-liverpool-set-release-young-irish-defender-410663
Copied and pasted from the Liverpool Echo. Standard practice from balls
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Sponsored Links

Terry Mancicni View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Mancicni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 6:38pm
Best outcome for him,look at Coady, follow that roadmap, get the head down and work hard as hell at learning the game. Playing week after week in games that matter. 3-4 year plan to be at al level to play PL ball. Thats the hope anyway.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 7:29pm
Maybe, but he could just as easily end up going the way of O'Hanlon or Cleary (albeit the latters career does seem to be recovering a bit now). It seems Liverpool were willing to offer him another year but he has rejected it; I wonder would it have been a bit safer to take the year and go out on loan?
We're decent enough..
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 12:50am
He's not near Premiership Level and I'd have my doubts even Championship. I never rated him as too soft in my opinion but I hope I'm proved wrong.
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 2:14am
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

He's not near Premiership Level and I'd have my doubts even Championship. I never rated him as too soft in my opinion but I hope I'm proved wrong.

This is a long time coming. Zero senior club appearances at 20 yrs of age. McAuley headed the same way. More interest in playing footballer than playing football.
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 2:18am
I like that last saying and not heard it before. Unfortunately his dad took over his ambition and career making sure his contract was front page instead of their own business.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Dr. Pat Dr. Pat wrote:

This is a long time coming. Zero senior club appearances at 20 yrs of age. McAuley headed the same way. More interest in playing footballer than playing football.

They're 19 and 20 years old ffs LOL Talk about writing someone off before they've even gotten started. Like imagine that, two young lads who haven't made an appearance for arguably the best team in Europe at the moment, clearly they must be sh*te! At the end of the day, it's not really up to them whether they go on loan or not, Liverpool are the ones managing their development and they'll do as they see fit. There is still loads of time for both of them to come good.
We're decent enough..
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 10:28am
I'm speaking of what I saw of Conor Masterson and I consider myself a pretty good judge of talent. For me Daniel Cleary who is home now is still miles ahead of Masterson now or before.
And players can refuse to go on loan and even players dad's can refuse to let their son go on loan even if he is 20 !!! and may not want to face up to reality.
And I have been a dad of a lad who was away but not the type of dad I'm talking about above.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 10:57am

I'm speaking of what I saw of Conor Masterson and I consider myself a pretty good judge of talent. For me Daniel Cleary who is home now is still miles ahead of Masterson now or before.
And players can refuse to go on loan and even players dad's can refuse to let their son go on loan even if he is 20 !!! and may not want to face up to reality.
And I have been a dad of a lad who was away but not the type of dad I'm talking about above.

Right, so do you have any evidence that he refused to go on loan then? The fact he is apparently turning down a contract extension in search of regular football would strongly suggest to me that it's unlikely he would have turned down an earlier loan opportunity if it had presented itself... It seems to me that a lot of your antipathy towards him actually seems to be tied to his father, and you are deriving your appraisal of his abilities and psychological motivations directly from that. Need you be reminded that they aren't in fact the same person?
We're decent enough..
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 11:17am

You’re coming across as that type of dad!
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 11:17am
No I have no idea whether he turned down a loan move or not and I hope for his development he moves on. I know he is a really nice young man and I do wish him the best. I was just saying I didn't think he anywhere near prem standard and if that's out of order because of his age then I apologise.
As for his dad yep you could be right and I never really warmed to him and for me he did more harm then good for his son. He wanted him headline news when he should have kept him low key.
I do hope he proves me wrong but doubt he will and just in case people think it's sour grapes just because my lad didnt make it, it's not and anyone that knows me will vouch for that. 
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 11:19am
PS definitely not that type of dad :)
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 12:30pm
He needs to take a leaf out of Dara O'Shea's book - find somewhere he'll be playing regularly, even if that's at League Two level, and go and learn the game. Off of a good season at Exeter O'Shea's being linked with the likes of Bournemouth and Palace, and may well get a chance in the West Brom first team next season.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 12:35pm

No I have no idea whether he turned down a loan move or not and I hope for his development he moves on. I know he is a really nice young man and I do wish him the best. I was just saying I didn't think he anywhere near prem standard and if that's out of order because of his age then I apologise.
As for his dad yep you could be right and I never really warmed to him and for me he did more harm then good for his son. He wanted him headline news when he should have kept him low key.
I do hope he proves me wrong but doubt he will and just in case people think it's sour grapes just because my lad didnt make it, it's not and anyone that knows me will vouch for that. 

Agree with majority of this. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 12:01pm
Any sign of this guy getting a club yet?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 1:16pm
Or McAuley?
Some people just deserve a slap
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 2:04pm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/conor-masterson-signs-for-qpr/ signs a 2 year deal with QPR. 

Delighted for the lad - hope he kicks on from here and gets a few opportunities in the first team. I was impressed by him in Toulon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 19>
  Share Topic