You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Masterson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bally O Telly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2016 at 8:03pm
Good stuff, lets hope Liverpool gets lots on injures so he has a chance of getting one, although, I imagine he is not top of the list to come on a sub.
Sponsored Links

Bally O Telly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bally O Telly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2016 at 8:08pm
Looks feckking tall here!! How tall is Rodgers?
 (5'7!!)

oops forgot link

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/182201-lfc-youngster-picks-up-irish-u16-award

Edited by Bally O Telly - 09 Jan 2016 at 1:41am
sligoybig View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sligoybig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 8:55pm
Named into Liverpool squad for a training camp while they have a 2 week break. Only 2 included with no previous first team experience. Should be a great experience for him. Sakho and Ilori kept him out of U23's to start the year but looks like he will get plenty of time now instead of being stuck in the 18's

http://www.liverpoolfc.comews/first-team/254234-reds-name-27-man-squad-for-la-manga-training-camp - http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/254234-reds-name-27-man-squad-for-la-manga-training-camp
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 10:53am
Originally posted by sligoybig sligoybig wrote:

Named into Liverpool squad for a training camp while they have a 2 week break. Only 2 included with no previous first team experience. Should be a great experience for him. Sakho and Ilori kept him out of U23's to start the year but looks like he will get plenty of time now instead of being stuck in the 18's
Must have improved drastically in the last six months.

When last I saw him he was slow and cumbersome.
A lot of people cant believe Liverpool signed him, then again a lot can LOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 11:38am
Being called up to play with the seniors isn't necessarily an indication that he has improved I suppose. Sure look at Cleary for example, he was in a couple of matchday squads, yet has failed to make any real impact even since dropping down to Birmingham. Sometimes guys really are just called up "as an extra body" for training purposes.
We're decent enough..
Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 4:58pm
Im very excited to see how he gets on for the next few years before inevitably his Irishness counts against him and he will be cast away.
Hi Lads
Joe Dixon View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Dixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

I remember seeing him play twice for the Ireland U17's about two years ago and he was easily our best player on both occasions.  Maybe he got worse and then got better again..?

Not a Liverpool fan by the way Wink
sligoybig View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sligoybig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 9:22pm
Cleary took time to even be a regular in the 18s and as far as i recall when he was involved in the match day squads it was due to numerous injuries (also reason Masterson involved now). Masterson is Liverpool's best centre back prospect(outside of Gomez). He is 18s captain this year. Although neither are extremely significant I would definitely put him ahead of Cleary. 

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Cathalthesmart Cathalthesmart wrote:

Im very excited to see how he gets on for the next few years before inevitably his Irishness counts against him and he will be cast away.

To play football with (Marc) Wilson ?? 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Joe Dixon Joe Dixon wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

I remember seeing him play twice for the Ireland U17's about two years ago and he was easily our best player on both occasions.  Maybe he got worse and then got better again..?

Not a Liverpool fan by the way Wink
Hope he makes the grade as we obviously need players coming through and I know his father.

I just wasnt impressed with him.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 6:58pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 8:34am
Included in Liverpool's CL squad.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 10:13am
More a box ticking "home grown" gig though no?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 10:34am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

More a box ticking "home grown" gig though no?

What I thought,  From my knowledge of CL registration process (Football Manager) You don't have to register players under the age of 21  but if you want to you can, some teams would do it as you say to meet the 4 players trained by the club rule or 8 players
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 2:10pm
In the Liverpool panel tonight.

Lad I work with knows him well, he was his hurling coach when Conor was younger, says he's a smashing young fella from a well grounded family and has a real chance to make a big name for himself, not necessarily with Liverpool, but time will tell as always.

Great for the kid anyhow to be involved in a CL quarter final. Clap
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 2:28pm
wtf wasn't he included in O'Neill's squad for Turkey, joke ~oneillout
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 2:32pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

In the Liverpool panel tonight.

Lad I work with knows him well, he was his hurling coach when Conor was younger, says he's a smashing young fella from a well grounded family and has a real chance to make a big name for himself, not necessarily with Liverpool, but time will tell as always.

Great for the kid anyhow to be involved in a CL quarter final. Clap
Yeah, I know his Da from when we were younger.

He is involved with Lucan United and also scouts for Liverpool now as a result.

Watched the u19s play Italy about 6 months ago and wasn't overly impressed with him as I didnt think he was very mobile but hopefully that will be improved upon.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
  Share Topic