You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Serie A thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 102103104105106 121>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

I can sort of see what angle Bonucci was coming from, because in fairness, Kean did stand right in front of the fans abusing him, arms outstretched, almost challenging them. That in no way excuses the abuse obviously, and Bonucci could definitely have worded what he said better. The Cagliari president's comments were pathetic too, and god knows why the ref did f*ck all given everyone could hear the monkey chants, and Matuidi made damn sure he was aware of them too

Was he not abused for 80 minutes before he scored??

More than likely, yes. Your point being?

Can't agree with you on this Hunty, thought Kean showed great maturity in his celebration considering the abuse he had to listen to throughout the game.

Bonucci and Allegri's comments were pathetic, Kean should have received total backing from his manager and team mate.

I don't agree with Bonucci's comments myself, nor do I blame Kean for celebrating like that. What I'm saying is I can understand how some people could see the celebration as antagonistic, which didn't help the situation.
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 12:23pm
But the situation was already created by the racist Cagliari fans, his celebration certainly wasn't over the top either.

A classy defiant celebration from the young man Clap
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

But the situation was already created by the racist Cagliari fans, his celebration certainly wasn't over the top either.

A classy defiant celebration from the young man Clap

At no point did I say his celebration was over the top, and I had already said that the abuse was inexcusable
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 5:34pm
The Italian FA will do sweet fa as per usual. 2019 and this carry on still goes on
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 4:30am
Can't agree with that at all HC.

Allegri said the same as Bonucci. Imagine the backlash (and rightly so) if one of the City or England players had said the same after the abuse Sterling or Rose received. Just goes to show how backwards the attitude towards racism is in Italy if your manager and captain are condemning you for receiving abuse.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 10:31am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Can't agree with that at all HC.

Allegri said the same as Bonucci. Imagine the backlash (and rightly so) if one of the City or England players had said the same after the abuse Sterling or Rose received. Just goes to show how backwards the attitude towards racism is in Italy if your manager and captain are condemning you for receiving abuse.

Really, you can't see how celebrating arms outstretched in front of a volatile set of fans could be seen as inflammatory? I will repeat AGAIN that I don't agree with the comments made by Bonucci (I haven't read Allegri's comments), nor do I have an issue with Kean's celebration personally, but it really shouldn't be difficult to see why some people think it was a bad move
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 10:48am

Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

I can sort of see what angle Bonucci was coming from, because in fairness, Kean did stand right in front of the fans abusing him, arms outstretched, almost challenging them. That in no way excuses the abuse obviously, and Bonucci could definitely have worded what he said better. The Cagliari president's comments were pathetic too, and god knows why the ref did f*ck all given everyone could hear the monkey chants, and Matuidi made damn sure he was aware of them too

Was he not abused for 80 minutes before he scored??

More than likely, yes. Your point being?

My point being how the f**k can you then see what angle Bonucci is coming from saying it was 50% Kean's fault when he was abused for 80 mins before he did this?? LOL He responded to the 80 minutes of abuse he got in the best possible way.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 10:50am
It was a brave move! I like this lad! When Sterling did it in Montenegro, only the UKIP football spokesperson on ITV had a problem with it. If you can give racist abuse but can’t take a young fella who ignores it you should probably find a new hobby.
Bonucci probably didn’t mean how it came across, he’s still a clown though. Anything that should be said should be in support of his teammate and not trying to deflect from the real issue.

Edited by pre Madonna - 04 Apr 2019 at 10:50am
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 11:00am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It was a brave move! I like this lad! When Sterling did it in Montenegro, only the UKIP football spokesperson on ITV had a problem with it. If you can give racist abuse but can’t take a young fella who ignores it you should probably find a new hobby.
Bonucci probably didn’t mean how it came across, he’s still a clown though. Anything that should be said should be in support of his teammate and not trying to deflect from the real issue.
This.  If Kean decides to move to another country, then Juve really should not be surprised. 

If I had to put up with that sort of abuse from the stands all night and then find my team-mate and gaffer offering 'support' like that, I know I would be asking myself if this is the sort of club where my future should lie.   They've definitely sent out the wrong message here to all concerned.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 12:12pm
Allegri leaving Juve, what's the story behind it?

Pep or Jose nailed on to take over imo.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 12:31pm
Not a chance Pep takes over next season.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 1:08pm
Can’t say I’m surprised by the news, he’s done as much as he can with the club. Could see them going for Poch
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

He must have heard you.

Pep Guardiola: "I'm not going to go to Juventus or Turin. I'm going to stay here for two more seasons here. I'm satisfied working with this club, with this people here. I'm not going anywhere."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

He must have heard you.

Pep Guardiola: "I'm not going to go to Juventus or Turin. I'm going to stay here for two more seasons here. I'm satisfied working with this club, with this people here. I'm not going anywhere."

It's just pure speculation based on he has zero intention on extending his City contract. 
But if he has every intention of seeing it out then fair enough.

Could actually see Poch leaving Spurs this summer - He's been giving out alot of vibes about "I've done all I can here"
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 5:38pm
He’s already extended his City contract
The initial one when he joined was due to be up around now

Can’t see Poch Pep or Jose going to Juventus this summer 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 4:02pm
Parma guarantee their safety with a game left Clap

Fiorentina at home to Genoa next week is huge. A Genoa win could send Fiorentina down, depending on other results.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 4:52pm
They use head to head to separate teams level on points so it gets very tricky to determine who exactly will go down in the event of a two, three or four team tie on 40 points, where one team has to go down.

Assuming, however, that Inter need at least a point at home to Empoli next weekend (which is quite likely), then Empoli (currently on 38) are quite unlikely to win... therefore, any team on 40 points should be safe.

It'll be marginally clearer after this evening's games. Milan should beat Frosinone this evening, which means Inter will need two points from their last two games to be guaranteed Champions League football. So if Milan beat Frosinone and Inter don't win away to Napoli, then Inter will need a draw against Empoli (if they draw tonight) or a win against Empoli (if they lose tonight) to be guaranteed.

All that means Empoli are likely to be in a very tricky position next week, possibly needing a win away to a team who need a result for Champions League football. If that happens, I'd guess Inter will get what they need, all the teams currently above Empoli will be safe and Genoa will be safe with a win against Fiorentina. Indeed, Genoa have the head to head over Empoli so only need a point against Fiorentina if Empoli lose to Inter.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 19 May 2019 at 4:53pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:15pm
An excellent race for 3rd/4th too. Looking like H2H will decide the 2 places

Atalanta were 10 minutes away from beating Juve, no one knows whether it's 1 point gained or 2 dropped - If they won then they'd of only needed a draw next week.

Atalanta have H2H advantage over Inter but AC have H2H advantage over Atalanta, and I believe Inter have advantage over AC? (correct me if I'm wrong)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 102103104105106 121>
  Share Topic