Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Serie A thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 121>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Serie A thread
    Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 9:20pm
Might as well start the new thread for the best league on the planet Thumbs Up

See the fixtures have just been released - well first I have seen as been hunting them for weeks now 

Rome derby on the weekend after my birthday so thinking this is a must go to this year Approve

Edited by PhilliyK - 24 Aug 2013 at 8:18pm
Sponsored Links

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 10:44pm
Fall out of the match fixing still continuing for Juve Shocked

So the match fixing Charges aganist Antonio Conte have been acquitted but now he can be sentenced up to 3 months from being sidelined for football because he didnt report anything to the authorites about knowing that the team was fixing the matches. Also Bonucci can be banned for 3 years for match fixing and Pepe has also been acquitted match fixing but can be sentenced for a 3 month ban also

Rubentus Report
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 11:54pm
If anything a ban for Pepe would be a good thing!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 12:48am
I reckon Inter will have alot to say in this years Serie A , i really fancy them to put up a strong title challenge!

Edited by Green Devil - 27 Jul 2012 at 12:51am
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Pinturicchio View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinturicchio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 10:13am
Interesting to see how Juve go in the CL they will be third seeds so could get a tough group, but like Napoli last year I think they will qualify.

Juve have strenghtend quite well with the purchase of Isla and asamoah from Udinese, Giovinco is back and Lucio on a free transfer will over cover at the back as Juve try to compete on all 3 fronts.  Serie A, Coppa Italia and CL.

And hopefully before the window closes Juve will have added another striker.  Van Persie and Jovetic are the two been strongly chased and looks like Juve will swap Quagliarella with Pazzani from Inter.

It should be pointed out that Conte's involvement in the betting scandal is in relation to his time over Siena and although cleared of sporting fraud and charges of direct involvement he is charged with the lesser crim of not reporting knowledge of an attempted fix and could get a 3 month ban.

Pepe I am not his biggest fan as I think he is not good enough to command a starting place but his work rate is excellent is been investigated for the same lesser charge from his Udinese days.

But Bonucci who has improved a lot and is maturing into a top centre half faces the bigger charge of direct involvemnt and could face a lenghty ban as a result of allegations from his Bari days.

Milan will struggle without Ibra and Tiago Silva, and dont have the money or will to replace them with top quality players. But will still have enough to finish in the top 3

Roma will continue to play good football but under Zeman should possess a more cutting edge and be stronger mentally andshould have a good year.

Inter its hard to know Julio Cesar, Forlan and Maicon look to be following Lucio out the door Cambiassio and Zanetti no longer the players they were will Sneider get back to his best no real big signings for them I think they will continue to be inconsitant and be out of the title race by January.

Napoli looks like the will hold onto Cavani sold Lavezzi for big books but will focus on Serie A this season and I think the will go well.

Juve start as Champions and will be hard to dethrone as they now have a greater strenght in depth but should be a good season.  And last year the standard of football was very good and highly enjoyable.  Cant wait for the season to start and hope to go to a few of the games in Turin
Ron Burgundy: Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 10:33am
Jaysus Juve as 3rd seeds,fall from grace
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 11:10am
Horrible third seeds whoever gets them. I think Dortmund will be 4th seeds again too.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 11:20am
Year of transition for a lot of top clubs, so I'd say Juve will win it with a few weeks to spare. Inter look best placed to challenge at the moment IMO. Coutinho back from Espanyol, hope he gets on well.
wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Pinturicchio Pinturicchio wrote:

Interesting to see how Juve go in the CL they will be third seeds so could get a tough group, but like Napoli last year I think they will qualify.

Juve have strenghtend quite well with the purchase of Isla and asamoah from Udinese, Giovinco is back and Lucio on a free transfer will over cover at the back as Juve try to compete on all 3 fronts.  Serie A, Coppa Italia and CL.

And hopefully before the window closes Juve will have added another striker.  Van Persie and Jovetic are the two been strongly chased and looks like Juve will swap Quagliarella with Pazzani from Inter.

It should be pointed out that Conte's involvement in the betting scandal is in relation to his time over Siena and although cleared of sporting fraud and charges of direct involvement he is charged with the lesser crim of not reporting knowledge of an attempted fix and could get a 3 month ban.

Pepe I am not his biggest fan as I think he is not good enough to command a starting place but his work rate is excellent is been investigated for the same lesser charge from his Udinese days.

But Bonucci who has improved a lot and is maturing into a top centre half faces the bigger charge of direct involvemnt and could face a lenghty ban as a result of allegations from his Bari days.

Milan will struggle without Ibra and Tiago Silva, and dont have the money or will to replace them with top quality players. But will still have enough to finish in the top 3

Roma will continue to play good football but under Zeman should possess a more cutting edge and be stronger mentally andshould have a good year.

Inter its hard to know Julio Cesar, Forlan and Maicon look to be following Lucio out the door Cambiassio and Zanetti no longer the players they were will Sneider get back to his best no real big signings for them I think they will continue to be inconsitant and be out of the title race by January.

Napoli looks like the will hold onto Cavani sold Lavezzi for big books but will focus on Serie A this season and I think the will go well.

Juve start as Champions and will be hard to dethrone as they now have a greater strenght in depth but should be a good season.  And last year the standard of football was very good and highly enjoyable.  Cant wait for the season to start and hope to go to a few of the games in Turin

Think Juve will win it again, I think this could be Matri's year, he looked promising at times last year and maybe with some more confidence and consistent starts he can build on the 10 goals he scored last year. RVP would really make them contenders in Europe but looks like they've pulled out of the bidding today, although I wouldn't put too much weight into that, could be a tactic to get the price down as they know Arsenal won't want to sell to someone else in England. Will be interesting to see how Inter do under Stramaccioni, I think they will finish 2nd with Milan or Napoli in 3rd
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 5:39pm
Superb synopsis off the situation Pinturicchio Clap

Hard to see by Juve retaining it but I really do think Roma will push them hard as Lamela has been looking really settled in pre-season and looking very comfortable in this system - same with Osvaldo and Totti. Castan and Bradley look perfect buys too and a few more additions to the squad(l/b, c/b and maybe one more midfielder for cover) should see them comfortable in the top 3 I think(of course these words could very well come back to haunt me LOL)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 2:19pm
Gattuso letting people know what the attitude at Milan is like these days in comparison to the old days in an interview with France Football.

"I left because I wasn't happy in a dressing room which once upon a time was a lot easier to manage."

"When there was a training session at 9:30 many got there just 10 mins beforehand + no one said anything. I got there 45 minutess early."

"Or, when there was a lunch at 1pm, some arrived 15mins late. There was a lack of respect for the rules."

Gattuso on Gourcuff: "He was only a kid. He went out too much. He got to training late and Milan intervened 'too late'."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 5:11pm
Fiorentina building a nice team for the new season. Roncaglia, Borja Valero, Aquilani and Matias Fernandez, as well as Montella joining. A very happy 10th summer in charge for the Della Valle family.
trapforpresident View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapforpresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 10:07am
A bit surprised Juve are favorites with the allegations hanging over conte.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Fiorentina building a nice team for the new season. Roncaglia, Borja Valero, Aquilani and Matias Fernandez, as well as Montella joining. A very happy 10th summer in charge for the Della Valle family.

And now David Pizarro joins. Can't wait to watch this team.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 9:25pm

And now David Pizarro joins. Can't wait to watch this team.
Shirley won't challenge??
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 9:32pm
I doubt it, but it's a much needed reVIOLAution

Edited by tribalarmy - 09 Aug 2012 at 9:33pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 9:36pm

I doubt it, but it's a much needed reVIOLAution
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 9:42pm
Pizarro asked to have his contract tore up to get the move and Roma only too glad to do it as was on decent money and they trying to get 5 big players on big wages off the wage bill, next to leave Roma should be Heinze with a move to Newells on the cards

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 121>
  Share Topic