You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Serie A thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 104105106107108 121>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

Inter Milan to win the 2019/20 Serie A and Lukaku top scorer is happening. Don't say you haven't been warned. I was waiting for the Lukaku transfer to go through but now I can finally do my bet with confidence. Conte is a defensive tactical master with that 3-5-2. He will set the team up to play to Lukaku's strengths. Lukaku will score 30+ goals in this league. I don't rate sarri and I think it's the perfect storm for Conte to end Juventus's dominance.

I actually have a weird feeling that Juve could be sucked right into a battle this season alright. If inter let Icardi go though, they will have let a quality player (albeit a bit mad) for Lukaku. Romelo Lukaku. It is mad stuff altogether.

Napoli still look best placed for a tilt but maybe are a bit short.

Juve are one of the most interesting teams in Europe to watch this season. Can't wait to see how Sarri will put the squad they've assembled together as an 11 on the pitch. It really could go either way for Sarri.

Conte set out his stall early in the summer by telling the inter owners to sign him Lukaku. He wanted him at Chelsea too before Manchester United got him. Lukaku didn't suit Manchester united. He's a pure target man. If you give him the ball in the box he'll score 9/10. Don't involve him in the build up play he should be receiving the ball only near the goals. He's strong and will bully defenders in a much slower paced seria a. Conte already has the defence sorted and now he has got his target man. Inter Milan will be all set up with focus of feeding the ball to Lukaku. I predict he beats Ronaldo to top scorer and inter Milan win Serie A. I requested the odds in paddy power tonight and they said they'll get back to me. I agree with you about sarri he's a loose cannon who's set in his ways. Sticks by his philosophy for better or worse. I think he'll be sacked after 1 season.
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 10:38pm
Lukaku could well end up top scorer. I've never seen a greater scorer of garbage time goalscorer in my life. The season he scored 20 plus at Everton he was generally appalling but he managed to score most of his goals when games were dead. Forget about him in tight games when Inter badly need a dig out. Forget about him when Inter play the biggest sides. Terrible touch. As for being a bully, for the size of him (and boy is he big), he has the aggressive traits of a kitten. Terrified of contact. Doesn't contest half of the high balls aimed at him. I do laugh at the talk of him physically dominating people though, I've never once seen him do that. Compare him to a big lad like Ibrahimovic, forgetting about footballing ability, in terms of aggression Lukaku is woeful.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 08 Aug 2019 at 10:40pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 10:42pm

Inter Milan to win the 2019/20 Serie A and Lukaku top scorer is happening. Don't say you haven't been warned. I was waiting for the Lukaku transfer to go through but now I can finally do my bet with confidence. Conte is a defensive tactical master with that 3-5-2. He will set the team up to play to Lukaku's strengths. Lukaku will score 30+ goals in this league. I don't rate sarri and I think it's the perfect storm for Conte to end Juventus's dominance.

It’ll be some achievement if he does score 30+

Only 2 players in the last 50 years have scored 30+ in Serie A
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 10:51pm
With still the best part of the month left for transfers it will interesting to see where Icardi and dybala . While icardi is a serious talent his wife is a head banger . A swap deal between the pair I’d say looks the most obvious option if dybala’s image rights can be resolved
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

It’ll be some achievement if he does score 30+

Only 2 players in the last 50 years have scored 30+ in Serie A

No chance in hell he will score 30 goals plus. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 12:03am
Bet365 have Lukaku at 14s to be Serie A tip scorer. Fill yet boots lads. Inter making a horrendous mistake getting rid of Icardi for him.

Piatek at 5/1 is a serious shout for top scorer this season. 

Edited by Hans Moleman - 09 Aug 2019 at 12:03am
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 12:34am
Juve will have too much.

The signings of Ramsey, De Ligt and Rabiot makes their depth very strong and there’s about 70 mils worth of domestic signings on top of that.

With confirmation that Ronaldo will be playing the #9 role with instruction not to track back there’s a reliance on him for the goals and he’ll deliver 
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 12:43am

Bet365 have Lukaku at 14s to be Serie A tip scorer. Fill yet boots lads. Inter making a horrendous mistake getting rid of Icardi for him.

LOL
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 1:10am
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

LOL

Riddle me confused. Is Piatek not a great bet for top scorer?
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 7:22am

Lukaku is world class in the penalty box and amateurish anywhere else on the pitch. I recall his winner for Manchester United against Southampton last season. A world class finish just inside the box, right in the bottom corner, keeper had no chance. As I said the Sarri circus has arrived,! He'll lose the dressing room and the serie A title. 14/1 for Lukaku top scorer and inter 9/2 to win serie a. I'll definitely throw 50 quid on that doubles. Be my lottery tickets for the year.
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 7:23am

Lukaku could well end up top scorer. I've never seen a greater scorer of garbage time goalscorer in my life. The season he scored 20 plus at Everton he was generally appalling but he managed to score most of his goals when games were dead. Forget about him in tight games when Inter badly need a dig out. Forget about him when Inter play the biggest sides. Terrible touch. As for being a bully, for the size of him (and boy is he big), he has the aggressive traits of a kitten. Terrified of contact. Doesn't contest half of the high balls aimed at him. I do laugh at the talk of him physically dominating people though, I've never once seen him do that. Compare him to a big lad like Ibrahimovic, forgetting about footballing ability, in terms of aggression Lukaku is woeful.
fully agree
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 5:28pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh2aPWZ6fHY

Wonderful dive from Mertens on Satuday evening, probably the best I've ever seen. Unsurprisingly, the officials for the game have been suspended for the upcoming matches on account of being completely f*cking useless
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 5:47pm
Almost as good as Harry Kane at the weekend ;-)
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 9:29pm
Napoli back from 3-0 down to 3-3 away at Juventus. 

ClapClapClap
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 9:50pm
Koulibaly Clap
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 9:52pm
what a game, chellini is some loss for Juve. 14 goals in Napoli’s first 2 games!

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 10:16am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Koulibaly Clap

Some finish LOL
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Koulibaly Clap

Some finish LOL

He couldn't have placed it any better LOL. In fairness, I do think himself and Manolas will become a brilliant partnership. Lozano could be a great signing for them too.

I watched Atalanta v Torino this evening, really good game. Been impressed with Torino in the opening couple of games, they should have another good season. The best league in the world is well and truly back Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 104105106107108 121>
  Share Topic