FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Serie A thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 121>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 9:53pm
Dino Baggio voices concern on behalf of himself and other players who played in Serie A during the 90s after the premature deaths of Sinisa Mihajlovic and Gianluca Vialli. Doesn't even know what was in mysterious supplements given to him on the eve of matches.

Sponsored Links

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 9:55pm
5-1 demolition of a team with 8 wins and no goals conceded. Amazing performance
It would damage this forums' reputation
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 9:54pm
Was it 7 games Juve hadn't conceded in?
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 9:40pm
Kvaratskhelia is the player Man City thought Grealish was! What a player.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 9:19pm
Napoli ClapClapClap

Unbelievable performance.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Napoli v Juventus should be a good game. Kick off 7.45pm tonight 

Quality 1st half. Juve right back in it from nowhere 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 6:54pm
Napoli v Juventus should be a good game. Kick off 7.45pm tonight 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

I'd imagine not much has changed since we played there in 1990. We were sat behind the dugouts which was a great view but seats were old and concourse below was a dump as well. It is a dump but the fact it's such an iconic stadium saves it.

I was at 4 of the stadia in Italia 90 and the Luigi Ferraris was my favourite. But it and Bari were the only 2 stadia (of 12) purpose-built for the tournament. And never mind that it is now over 30 years old, stadium design in the late 1980s was so far inferior to what we have now that even in mint condition, it wouldn't really compare to the best of modern stadia.

And as for the others, they were only refurbs/expansions of stadia which were then pretty average and almost all municiapally owned, meaning many were multi-purpose with athletics tracks etc.

While since 1990, I think only two major clubs have built a new, football-only stadium of their own, Juve and Sassuolo, with only one(?) other Serie A club owning their own, older stadium. Worse, Juve's new stadium "only" holds 41.5k spectators, somewhat lower than the capacity of other comparable big European rivals and presumably contributing to their current financial difficulties, rather than solving them.

Apparently, this is all a legacy of Italia 90, where everything went wrong from the start, including an 86% overspend on the stadium budget:
https://www.stadiumguide.com/the-unfortunate-legacy-of-italia-1990/

And with so many other countries charging ahead in building new, revenue-generating stadia, Italian football/Serie A is liable to fall even further back from its glory days a quarter of a century ago.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 7:14pm
I'd imagine not much has changed since we played there in 1990. We were sat behind the dugouts which was a great view but seats were old and concourse below was a dump as well. It is a dump but the fact it's such an iconic stadium saves it.

Genoa itself is a great spot with great food. Would recommend a trip over there and tickets were easy to get
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 6:20pm

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Fook Juve and Napoli. Sampdoria forever!!! They'll beat the drop just see if they dont. ERG shirts will come back and im gonna buy all of them you hear. ALL OF THEM 

A fine choice. I went to watch Sampdoria v Lazio back in August, was a quality trip and cemented my love for I Blucheriati, although from watching them this season Serie B is looking  likely

What's the story with the ground? Looks like its been let slip into a bit of disrepair. From watching on TV seats all faded and look like loads of broken seats aswell. Think a few on here have said its a bit of a dump in person? A shame cause ive always loved those box type stadiums. Is there any plans to upgrade it i wonder?

Edited by doherty - 29 Nov 2022 at 6:20pm
I love beer gardens
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 2:11pm

Fook Juve and Napoli. Sampdoria forever!!! They'll beat the drop just see if they dont. ERG shirts will come back and im gonna buy all of them you hear. ALL OF THEM 

A fine choice. I went to watch Sampdoria v Lazio back in August, was a quality trip and cemented my love for I Blucheriati, although from watching them this season Serie B is looking  likely

Always had a soft spot for Samp too, they’ve no chance staying up this season LOL
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 2:05pm

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

What’s it to you? Am I not allowed to have a preferred team in Italy? Funny coming from the man who supports two EPL sides.

Ooh, touchy! LOL
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 1:39pm
Fook Juve and Napoli. Sampdoria forever!!! They'll beat the drop just see if they dont. ERG shirts will come back and im gonna buy all of them you hear. ALL OF THEM LOL

Edited by doherty - 29 Nov 2022 at 1:40pm
I love beer gardens
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 1:34pm
What’s it to you? Am I not allowed to have a preferred team in Italy? Funny coming from the man who supports two EPL sides.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 1:16pm

f**k Juventus!
Or Juventus f**ked?

Anyhow, could there be a few free/out-of-contract departures from Juve in the January window? Rabiot isnt entirely popular with the fans, I believe, while Szczesny is doing himself no harm in Qatar.

And you could see a few of their loanees returning to their parent club early

Forza Napoli.
Let me guess, you''ve been a fan ever since you used to sneak out early from school to watch them?

Or is that Robbie Keane I'm thinking of?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 1:01pm
f**k Juventus!

Forza Napoli.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 12:56pm

Berlusconi was Milan owner not Juventus.
I know, it was Milan - was going to say "in Italy" but got confused over Monza etx.

Still, I guess old man Agnelli was no saint either - "The apple doesnt fall far from the tree", as they say.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 121>
  Share Topic