You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA All-Ireland Football Championship 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 93>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

When will dates and venues be decided again? Said on rte it would be revealed today.

Provincial champions should have home advantage.

To be announced sometime today mark ccc were to meet to arrange them so seeing as its a Sunday they probably ont do so till late evening
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Yeah he strikes me as someone who hates Dublin more than he likes his own County

In 31 counties, everyone's second favourite team is whoever is playing Dublin.

What about last years Semi Final  when the whole country was shouting for Dublin ?
Another go at Donegal salzburglilly. Not everyone in Ireland were shouting for Dublin that day. Suppose everyone will be shouting for Kerry this weekend as well will they

LOL      
  Yep might join them, will probably head to McBrides or Tinneys in Castlefinn!!Wink
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 6:17pm
[QUOTE=MayoMark]

Provincial champions should have home advantage QUOTE]

Yes agree 100%. Would love to be heading to Donegal next weekend.

Edited by Jerryfromkerry - 29 Jul 2012 at 6:18pm
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 6:18pm

Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

Surprised so many are eager to write off Donegal and Mayo!

I haven't seen many writing us off windbag apart from 1 person on here who seems to have a serious problem with Donegal but hasn't answered what it is and why he has it when asked twice. Kerry are favourites and rightly so in my opinion they have the experience of playing the big games in croke park which we don't but it has the makings of a great game
I will tell you now like I did after last sunday RB - dont be gettin yer hopes up off an AI win this year, 1st half when you tried to play attacking Down matched you and could argue probably shaded it despite going in a point down, 2nd half you reverted to the 13 men behind the ball and Down got lots off time on the ball about the 45 mark but didnt know what to do with the ball and got swallowed up and you lot went up the pitch and scored a point as Down had so many men forward. A Cork or Kerry team wont make the same mistake and to be honest if you beat kerry i'd be surprsed

And WB off course we write off Mayo - theyre an easy 2 point team Big smile
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Cork Kildare
Dubs Laois
Kerry Donegal
Down Mayo

And as usual I have named the winners off each tie first Thumbs Up

That would make it Dubs v Down and Cork v Kerry in semi's would it?

Shocked

That's some good predicting Philly. Draw couldn't have been kinder to Dublin really. We've now avoided Cork, Kerry, Donegal and Kildare until the final should we make it. We'll need to step it up a lot against Laois though - with respect to them I think our biggest danger will be complacency. If we treat the game seriously enough we should have enough for them but if we start slow like the last two games we might find ourselves in bigger trouble though. Gilroy should really be looking at this game and next as a platform to get a run of form going. Would be nice to beat the Mayo lads after 06 as well Big smile

Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Jerryfromkerry Jerryfromkerry wrote:

I can tell ya one thing, Kerry did not want to get us....

True. Wanted to avoid Donegal and Cork. As it happens the three best teams (on paper) are on the same side of the draw IMO. Whoever gets through to the final will have earned it.

What paper is this? Confused

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

Cork Kildare
Dubs Laois
Kerry Donegal
Down Mayo

And as usual I have named the winners off each tie first Thumbs Up

That would make it Dubs v Down and Cork v Kerry in semi's would it?

Shocked

That's some good predicting Philly. Draw couldn't have been kinder to Dublin really. We've now avoided Cork, Kerry, Donegal and Kildare until the final should we make it. We'll need to step it up a lot against Laois though - with respect to them I think our biggest danger will be complacency. If we treat the game seriously enough we should have enough for them but if we start slow like the last two games we might find ourselves in bigger trouble though. Gilroy should really be looking at this game and next as a platform to get a run of form going. Would be nice to beat the Mayo lads after 06 as well Big smile

We always were going to avoid Donegal and Cork. Semis were set up as Munster/Qualifier v Ulster/Qualifier and Leinster/Qualifier v Connacht/Qualifier Big smile
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 6:42pm

We always were going to avoid Donegal and Cork. Semis were set up as Munster/Qualifier v Ulster/Qualifier and Leinster/Qualifier v Connacht/Qualifier Big smile

I know that, I pointed it out at the start of the thread Thumbs Up

Just summing up who Dublin will avoid. It's a benefit this year of being the best team in your province instead of being a back-door bandit like Kerry Wink

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 6:49pm

Surprised so many are eager to write off Donegal and Mayo!

I haven't seen many writing us off windbag apart from 1 person on here who seems to have a serious problem with Donegal but hasn't answered what it is and why he has it when asked twice. Kerry are favourites and rightly so in my opinion they have the experience of playing the big games in croke park which we don't but it has the makings of a great game

I will tell you now like I did after last sunday RB - dont be gettin yer hopes up off an AI win this year, 1st half when you tried to play attacking Down matched you and could argue probably shaded it despite going in a point down, 2nd half you reverted to the 13 men behind the ball and Down got lots off time on the ball about the 45 mark but didnt know what to do with the ball and got swallowed up and you lot went up the pitch and scored a point as Down had so many men forward. A Cork or Kerry team wont make the same mistake and to be honest if you beat kerry i'd be surprsed

And WB off course we write off Mayo - theyre an easy 2 point team Big smile
Philliy if you were in my house last night when the draw was made last night you would know I ain't getting carried away about winning an all Ireland this yer. I honestly wasn't worried about getting any team other than Kerry. After the draw my bro and dad were happy about getting Kerry saying we will beat them etc me on the other hand was gutted because I know we are gonna have to up our game again to win as Kerry won't waste the goal chances that Tyrone and down wasted
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 6:51pm

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Yeah he strikes me as someone who hates Dublin more than he likes his own County

In 31 counties, everyone's second favourite team is whoever is playing Dublin.

What about last years Semi Final  when the whole country was shouting for Dublin ?
Another go at Donegal salzburglilly. Not everyone in Ireland were shouting for Dublin that day. Suppose everyone will be shouting for Kerry this weekend as well will they

LOL      
  Yep might join them, will probably head to McBrides or Tinneys in Castlefinn!!Wink
No worries getting served there either most of the town be in croke park watching the game
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

When will dates and venues be decided again? Said on rte it would be revealed today.

Provincial champions should have home advantage

That is a great shout Clap if this were to become a regular feature, it would give a bit more to play for in future provincial finals.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 7:01pm
Fixtures are as follows

Saturday 4th August
Mayo minors vs Tipperary 3pm
Mayo vs down 5pm
Dublin vs Laois 7pm

Sunday 5th August
Kerry minors vs Roscommon minors 12pm
Kildare vs cork 2pm
Donegal vs Kerry 4pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 7:03pm
This confirmed ringerbell or you hazarding a guess at what it might be ?
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 7:04pm
Happy days. Saturday boozin before the match. Might even go to some of the first game with those times.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 7:05pm

Fixtures are as follows

Saturday 4th August
Mayo vs down 5pm
Dublin vs Laois 7pm

Sunday 5th August
Kildare vs cork 2pm
Donegal vs Kerry 4pm
2 helpings off Mayo ffs and even worse the dirty fecking dubs will be near me Ouch
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 7:05pm

Confirmed on RTE website.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 7:05pm

Confirmed lad seen it on official gaa twitter page
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 7:07pm

Fixtures are as follows

Saturday 4th August
Mayo vs down 5pm
Dublin vs Laois 7pm

Sunday 5th August
Kildare vs cork 2pm
Donegal vs Kerry 4pm

2 helpings off Mayo ffs and even worse the dirty fecking dubs will be near me Ouch

At least you gonna see a good minor game philliy tipp have basically the same side that won thrall Ireland last year
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 93>
  Share Topic