You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chelsea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 114115116117118 131>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 5:09pm
He had definitely lost a yard of pace by the time he arrived at Chelsea. He was never quite as sharp as in his Liverpool days for them - despite the trophy successes.
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 6:27pm
He downed tools for the best part of 6 months while wanting out of Liverpool. From there, he never recovered anything like the form he had in previous seasons at Liverpool. Chelsea got a player who was a shadow of his former self. Trophies aside, there were times at Chelsea where he looked like a lad playing his first kick about, his stock had fallen so much and his confidence was totally shot from there.

It's a common occurrence when a player just totally gives up at a club waiting to move on. The longer it goes on the harder it is to ever hit those heights again imo.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 11:23am
Absolutely loved Torres at Liverpool, on his day he was unstoppable. He wasn't the same player at the end of his time there and never the same at Chelsea afterwards
Some people just deserve a slap
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 6:25pm
Chelsea are falling apart. 
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 6:47pm
Chelsee rocks
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 7:30pm
Beyond sh*te. That was atrocious.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 8:47pm
Sarri gone into an absolute Jose style meltdown in the post match press conference apparently LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 8:52pm
I’d hardly call it a meltdown. He said some of the players are difficult to motivate, and said he’s partly to blame for the performances. Given the fact a few managers recently have had similar issues, he’s pretty on the ball with what he said.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 9:16pm
They’re crying out for a striker

City missing out on Jorginho looks like a bullet dodged 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 9:35pm
Higuain is too slow for EPL as well. He’ll be another Morata.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 4:03am
Hazard with another one of those "please just sell me" displays. Jorginho or Fred for worst signing of the season.

Chelsea have decent build up play but have nothing up front. With Arsenal playing a diamond, I think Sarri should take a large part of the blame for not getting Hazard out wide to run at the exposed full backs.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 9:03am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Hazard with another one of those "please just sell me" displays. Jorginho or Fred for worst signing of the season.

City missed out on Jorginho, Fred and Sanchez in the past year. In hindsight they were lucky 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 11:03am
They need Big Sam
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

City missed out on Jorginho, Fred and Sanchez in the past year. In hindsight they were lucky 

If all three were at City I bet they would all be doing far better 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 7:52pm
For tose that follow Italian football is Higuain past it now?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

No just disinterested. Doesn’t want to be at Milan anymore 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

No just disinterested. Doesn’t want to be at Milan anymore 
He never wanted to be there. If he gets himself fit he’s a lot to offer. Far better goalscorer than Morata 
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 9:03pm
Its still 4 years too late for a top club to be getting him. 

If he gets a chance he'll put it away, but by the look of him I'd say he's more interested in finishing his dinner than anything else
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 114115116117118 131>
  Share Topic