You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chelsea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 105106107108109 131>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 9:52pm
carlo ancelotti Is probably on his way to London
Sponsored Links

adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 9:52pm
If Conte is still in charge at the weekend I will be stunned
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 9:58pm
Bakayoko was absolutely woeful LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 9:59pm
They're in an embarrassing situation and Hazard will no doubt leave in the summer.

Where to next for Chelsea? They need some serious investment in quality players. So many of their squad wouldn't get near another top 6 side
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 10:02pm
Will Roman invest again to build another new squad? Wouldn’t be too sure
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

They're in an embarrassing situation and Hazard will no doubt leave in the summer.

Where to next for Chelsea? They need some serious investment in quality players. So many of their squad wouldn't get near another top 6 side

A bit of an over exaggeration there.

Chelsea have had seriously rotten luck this season with injuries which must be factored in and through no fault of their own naively went for quantity over genuine quality (at the highest level) in the transfer market.

Realistically, if Chelsea can bring in 2 or 3 top players they wouldn't be far off challenging for the title again.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Chelsea have had seriously rotten luck this season with injuries which must be factored in and through no fault of their own naively went for quantity over genuine quality (at the highest level) in the transfer market.

Realistically, if Chelsea can bring in 2 or 3 top players they wouldn't be far off challenging for the title again.

Well they just signed Giroud who couldn't get a game this season at Arsenal. Cahill, Drinkwater, Barkley, Moses, Bakayoko, Luiz, Zapacosta, you're telling me any of those lads would get games at Liverpool, Arsenal, United and City or that any of those teams fans would have those lads over their own squad players?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 10:22pm

Well they just signed Giroud who couldn't get a game this season at Arsenal. Cahill, Drinkwater, Barkley, Moses, Bakayoko, Luiz, Zapacosta, you're telling me any of those lads would get games at Liverpool, Arsenal, United and City or that any of those teams fans would have those lads over their own squad players?

Chelsea actually need these players because they're tied to the Homegrown quota. And they're still under the limit which means their squad size is reduced.

It's a colossal f**k up in transfer strategy which has led to a very poor season.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 10:31pm
Full credit to Watford who were fully deserving of the win tonight, but without wishing to be disrespectful here, Chelsea really shouldn't be losing 4-1 to Watford and 3-0 to Bournemouth. It really is a testing time for the club and, if I'm being honest, I can't see Chelsea in the running for any trophy between now and May and the Champions League is looking very unlikely next season.
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 10:31pm

Giroud is still a very good player tbf, Wenger under appreciated him and you would find many Arsenal fans who would agree.

I think you're under estimating the likes of Luiz and Moses especially, how in Gods name could you consider players like Mangala, Holding, Chambers, Lovren, Moreno, Klavan, Smalling etc to be better than them Confused

The simple fact is if Chelsea keep hold of their top players and bring in a couple of world class players in key areas they wouldn't be far off winning the PL.

Courtouis, Christensen, Kante, Pedro, Hazard, Azpee, Alonso, Morata (granted he's out of form) Willian, Cesc etc are all top players. 

Suddenly add 2 or 3 world class players into that group and you have a serious first 11.   
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 10:33pm

A few of those players would get in the other top 5 sides.Chelsea have signed some duds but a big problem seems to be with Conte and the board. He won't be there much longer but then no one lasts there for long. The problems seem to have kicked in a bit quicker than usual this time.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Chelsea actually need these players because they're tied to the Homegrown quota. And they're still under the limit which means their squad size is reduced.

It's a colossal f**k up in transfer strategy which has led to a very poor season.

Selling a lot of their younger players like Ake, Chalobah, Traure was very naive to say the least.

It would have given Conte far more room to rest key players in routine games you would think Chelsea would win. 

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 10:39pm
Luiz and Moses, i still don't know what Moses actually does in a game except run up and down the pitch. As for Luiz, he's a walking liability and absolute headcase of a centre back who can't be trusted so i wouldn't think many top sides would want him either.

Chelsea do have good players, like all the top sides, but a few injuries and they look in really bad shape. 

You named 10 players above and said add 2 or 3, that would max make 13. There isn't a hope they could compete for the league title with 13 and only 13 great players.

Edited by bhob - 05 Feb 2018 at 10:41pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 10:41pm

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Selling a lot of their younger players like Ake, Chalobah, Traure was very naive to say the least.

It would have given Conte far more room to rest key players in routine games you would think Chelsea would win. 

Yep. And with Terry moving on and Diego Costa being in the country for 3 years we've just named 5 Homegrown players on top of our heads. 
And in return they sign Ross Barklery Danny Drinkwater and Giroud who counts towards. It speaks volumes really LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 10:44pm

Luiz and Moses, i still don't know what Moses actually does in a game except run up and down the pitch. As for Luiz, he's a walking liability and absolute headcase of a centre back who can't be trusted so i wouldn't think many top sides would want him either.

Chelsea do have good players, like all the top sides, but a few injuries and they look in really bad shape. 

You names 10 players above and said add 2 or 3, that would max make 13. There isn't a hope they could compete for the league title with 13 and only 13 great players.

Why couldn't they?

The likes of Rudiger, Cahill, Giroud etc would all be very good back up players.

Man City had a bench of Zinchenko, Toure (who's finished), Diaz, Adarabioyo, Bravo and Laporte the other day against Burnley.

To win a league you need 13/14 top players and good back up something Chelsea would have in abundance but when you've to depend on the likes Barkley, Drinkwater (a contradiction here because he's won a PL only 2 years ago) , Zappacosta etc week in week out that's when the problems start cropping up.

If Chelsea went and added 3 world class players how many games would these lads all realistically get?

Of course given that Chelsea signed a lot of foreign talent unproven in the PL a couple of these lads may very well improve after a year adapting to the PL, who knows?!

Edited by Green Devil - 05 Feb 2018 at 10:46pm

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 11:26pm
Would expect Conte to be gone by the time they play next week. Whoever comes in has plenty of quality available to him, there are some outstanding players there. Also some players totally out of form also. Pedro looks like he's forgotten how to play. Cahill is a horror show. Luiz had the big fall out with Conte and that hasn't helped. Bakayoko hasn't settled at all.

I would agree with Conte in that for Chelsea to make a big push on 2 fronts this season, they needed to get 4/5 high quality players in last summer to kick on another level. Instead they signed some players that Conte didn't even want. In Barkleys case they tried to sign him last summer while he was laid up for months more. So something is seriously amiss in the background. You couldn't really blame Conte being like a bull over the transfer dealings there.

Courtois, Luiz, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rudiger, Alonso, Kante, Hazard, Giroud are all quality players. If a new manager comes in in the next week, I'd expect Chelsea to kick on again.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 6:51am
For a team that just won the league last season with over 90 points they have really messed up. The transfers since have been very poor with no long term strategy.
Conte won’t be there next summer so somebody new will have to rebuild.
Chelsea have the money so expect to see £300m+ worth of players coming in the summer.

Chelsea have some big games coming up against Man U and City so top 4 is not guaranteed.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 06 Feb 2018 at 6:53am

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 8:17am
Them players can’t be that bad considering they won the league 9 months ago..
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 105106107108109 131>
  Share Topic