You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

craft beer, real ales and the like

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 64>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

White Hag Brewing for me. Red IPA and New England IPA. So nice 

White Hag Clap

Their mint chocolate chip and salted caramel pastry stouts are unbelievably good
I would certainly try one, I have had many a ridiculous beer, but that's f**king extreme hipster!LOL

They're actually 2 separate beers LOL and definitely not the most hipster beers I've had 
Ah! In that case I take it back. I'm also a bit disappointed as I was really tempted to try it.LOL
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 4:22pm

White Hag Clap

Their mint chocolate chip and salted caramel pastry stouts are unbelievably good
Ah f**k off that has to be a wind up
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 4:38pm
Last week I had a Salted Rhubarb Vanilla Cream Crumble Sour and by god it was delicious!
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 9:02pm

White Hag Clap

Must give these a go LOL tough enough to find them in the shops even in Galway 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 9:14pm

White Hag Clap

Must give these a go LOL tough enough to find them in the shops even in Galway 

Thought the mint choc chip was done, haven't Sene it in ages, nice stuff 
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 9:01am
sooner the better pubs take on irish brewed craft beer the better. get rid of Heineken, Coor's, Carlsberg and all that other sh*te! 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

sooner the better pubs take on irish brewed craft beer the better. get rid of Heineken, Coor's, Carlsberg and all that other sh*te! 

Why is this the attitude of so many craft beer drinkers? why cant you just you just enjoy some random fluid a hippy with a ponytail who couldn't hold down a full time job made in their bathtub and let other people enjoy the gorgeous beers of Heineken & Carlsberg. 

On a serious note I've dealt with plenty of craft breweries (albeit not for a couple of years now). c5 years ago while there was dozens of brands there were actually only a few mirco breweries in the country who were actually producing the product. Large capital investment required to start a micro brewery and far outside what any joe soap could do on their own. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 10:22am
The term 'craft beers is a load of wank to begin with. 'Artisan', 'bespoke' and 'craft' are the ABC of bollocksology. There's just good beer and stuff pumped full of chemicals. All most people want is a choice. I don't know what pubs are like at home now, but the choice was often either stout or something from the bleach cupboard like Heineken. It wasn't even proper Heineken at that!

As generalisations go, the one that Irish people have a fairly bland palate holds up, although it is thankfully changing. People want a variety. You can still drink a lager made in two weeks when it should take six if you want to and be given the choice to, but is nice to not have the choice made for you. I rarely know what I'm going to drink when I enter a pub here and it makes the experience much more enjoyable. 

Edited by pre Madonna - 27 Aug 2020 at 1:12pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 11:34am
I just like a good pint and like trying new things and drank the other stuff for so long I am a little bored of it and they taste a bit bland for me. 

Still have no problem drinking any of them. Don't think there is one type of beer which I wouldn't drink I just tend to thing the ones from the 'craft' area tend to have more flavor and more hoppy which I prefer. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 27 Aug 2020 at 11:34am
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 12:24pm

The term 'craft beers is a load of walk, to begin with. 'Artisan', 'bespoke' and 'craft' are the ABC of bollocksology. There's just good beer and stuff pumped full of chemicals. All most people want is a choice. I don't know what pubs are like at home now, but the choice was often either stout or something from the bleach cupboard like Heineken. It wasn't even proper Heineken at that!

As generalisations go, the one that Irish people have a fairly bland palate holds up, although it is thankfully changing. People want a variety. You can still drink a lager made in two weeks when it should take six if you want to and be given the choice to, but is nice to not have the choice made for you. I rarely now what I'm going to drink when I enter a pub here and it makes the experience much more enjoyable. 

100% agree. When does a craft beer stop being a craft beer? When it reaches a certain sales threshold? There is a little brewery at home in Westport that does brews a nice drop that I like. If it were to suddenly become bigger than Guinness would it stop being "craft"?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

The term 'craft beers is a load of walk, to begin with. 'Artisan', 'bespoke' and 'craft' are the ABC of bollocksology. There's just good beer and stuff pumped full of chemicals. All most people want is a choice. I don't know what pubs are like at home now, but the choice was often either stout or something from the bleach cupboard like Heineken. It wasn't even proper Heineken at that!

As generalisations go, the one that Irish people have a fairly bland palate holds up, although it is thankfully changing. People want a variety. You can still drink a lager made in two weeks when it should take six if you want to and be given the choice to, but is nice to not have the choice made for you. I rarely now what I'm going to drink when I enter a pub here and it makes the experience much more enjoyable. 

100% agree. When does a craft beer stop being a craft beer? When it reaches a certain sales threshold? There is a little brewery at home in Westport that does brews a nice drop that I like. If it were to suddenly become bigger than Guinness would it stop being "craft"?
In the States they do actually have a limit on it by volume of production of the brewery as a whole. It's all pretty meaningless though. Just buzzwords.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 1:07pm

Flaherty brewing in the shed next door?
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Flaherty brewing in the shed next door?

If there was money to be made from it he'd do it in a heartbeat LOL
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 2:12pm

The term 'craft beers is a load of walk, to begin with. 'Artisan', 'bespoke' and 'craft' are the ABC of bollocksology.
Annual production of 6 million barrels or less, and no more than 25% of the craft brewery is owned or controlled by a Budweiser/Diagio
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 3:20pm

Is this the Mescan brewery Walls?
I like their stuff. 
I prefer Belgian & German beers to most of the Irish Craft ones.
The Mescan guy sticks to their methods and taste.

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by whitesideOnside whitesideOnside wrote:

Is this the Mescan brewery Walls?
I like their stuff. 
I prefer Belgian & German beers to most of the Irish Craft ones.
The Mescan guy sticks to their methods and taste.

It is indeed Thumbs Up
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 3:37pm
Mescan have some great stuff, very underrated. Very traditional belgianish type brewing. I'm taking part in a virtual craft beer festival next weekend which has Mescan involved and other similar more traditional breweries. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 9:09pm
Suppin on a Kinnegar Big Bunny East Coast IPA. Nice gear.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 64>
  Share Topic