You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

craft beer, real ales and the like

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 64>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

sooner craft beers takes over the better and it gets rid of carlsberg, heineken, coors lite etc and all that sh*te/slop they serve in pubs. 

Heineken & Carlsberg Clap 
ClapCraft beers are for attention seeking ****s
Oh look at my ginger mocha ale infused with cinnamon. ****s

you will build up more SuperValu stamps if you buy craft beer BSM 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 4:25pm
Had my first pint in a pub this week since the lockdown , hummmmm overated .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Had my first pint in a pub this week since the lockdown , hummmmm overated .

What having a pint in a pub is overrated? Or craft beer is overrated.   You do know there is not one type of.craft beer 
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 9:35am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

For me, there is nothing worse than going into a bar and having a choice of only Guinness, smithwicks red, Carlsberg, henniken, coors, Miller, bulmers and maybe a Morretti on tap. 
Love a gastropub for that very reason that it gives you way more variety. 
7:40 a pint on the other hand is a bit much but suppose it’s hard to get much change from 7 euro these days in Dublin City isn’t it?

Feel the opposite.  All you need in a pub is Guinness maybe Smithwicks on draft and a local beer and then any one Heineken or Coors etc draught..rest can be dealt with in bottles or cans.. 

The greater draw by having less taps makes the pints better.  A pub with loads of options means that it's quite likely that nobody has ordered a pint in the last 30 mins and drink.sitting in lines.  A busy tap usually means nice beer.

Edited by Baldrick - 01 Aug 2020 at 9:57am
AKA pedantic kunt
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 9:46am
Smithwicks is an underrated pint. Clap
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Watch out for Western Herd in the coming months, it's my cousin who has set it up and it's being brewed down in west Clare, currently on tap(4 different beers) in McHughs in Ennis, I've heard good things so far but interested to hear if anyone on hear tries it and sees what they think.

This is still the best stuff I have had.  Islander and blue jumper are the best of their range.  Having a good father ted reference always gets extra points.   Excellent stuff.
AKA pedantic kunt
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 9:51am
Does poitin count as craft beer?

A zingy flavoured brew made to make your eyes water like the misty wet weather of EIRE's rugged Atlantic coastline. (Made with toilet duck)
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Had a few cans of Roaster Coaster by Brewdog (US) and Evil Twin. f**kin lovely stuff - Vietnamese coffee stout unreal. Selling them in Tesco here not sure about at home.

There's a great place for beer in the market here had a couple of bottles of Kasteel Chocolate Quad the other day - unbelievable stuff.

Brewdog are absolute ****s, but their beer, including this collaboration, is very good. Still, I hate the bastards.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 12:21pm
Had a Heineken 0.0 last night.

I hate to admit, it did the job.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Of making you forget about all the other horrendous problems in the world for five minutes as none of them could possibly be worse than this?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Smithwicks red very nice. I tend to use it at times as a tactical drink to in a way, it tastes good but only 3.8%. So if drinking all day you can handle the quantity a lot better. Great for things like weddings

Edited by t_rAndy - 01 Aug 2020 at 1:27pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

For me, there is nothing worse than going into a bar and having a choice of only Guinness, smithwicks red, Carlsberg, henniken, coors, Miller, bulmers and maybe a Morretti on tap. 
Love a gastropub for that very reason that it gives you way more variety. 
7:40 a pint on the other hand is a bit much but suppose it’s hard to get much change from 7 euro these days in Dublin City isn’t it?

Feel the opposite.  All you need in a pub is Guinness maybe Smithwicks on draft and a local beer and then any one Heineken or Coors etc draught..rest can be dealt with in bottles or cans.. 

The greater draw by having less taps makes the pints better.  A pub with loads of options means that it's quite likely that nobody has ordered a pint in the last 30 mins and drink.sitting in lines.  A busy tap usually means nice beer.

I get the point, but even just one local beer, preferably ale and then I am happy. Worst is when there is nothing but the generic ones like I listed above. Morretti and Smithwicks are nice but love a good pale ale or IPA like wicklow wolf or white hag.

Anyone ever had the IPA from the Priorty brewery here in tallaght. Original Sin IPA. Lovely drink.

Anyone really into craft beers should try The Brickyard in Dundrum, they are always changing up the drinks available they don't have fixed taps. Nice food there too (they also have Guinness and Heineken)

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 2:14pm

Goodness shocking stuff i must say the Heino , the best 0.0 i have had is Becks as it tastes like beer .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 2:31pm
Guinness' pure brew is the best I've had by a mile, punk AF is decent

Bulmers 0.0 is lovely 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 2:59pm

Smithwicks red very nice. I tend to use it at times as a tactical drink to in a way, it tastes good but only 3.8%. So if drinking all day you can handle the quantity a lot better. Great for things like weddings
A sober TR is zero craic
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 3:08pm

A sober TR is zero craic

Well enough 3.8 will get you there eventually!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 6:09pm

A sober TR is zero craic

Well enough 3.8 will get you there eventually!

Do you drink it in the scratcher?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Goodness shocking stuff i must say the Heino , the best 0.0 i have had is Becks as it tastes like beer .

What job? Honestly, what's the point?

Edited by NewtNewbie - 01 Aug 2020 at 7:06pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 64>
  Share Topic