You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

craft beer, real ales and the like

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 64>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 4:40pm
I noticed there's a load of craft wines now too.  Noticed a few down in my local Centra.  Wuhan Wine and SARSfields Craft Beer made from the phlegm of Chinese living in Lucan.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 5:11pm
For me, there is nothing worse than going into a bar and having a choice of only Guinness, smithwicks red, Carlsberg, henniken, coors, Miller, bulmers and maybe a Morretti on tap. 
Love a gastropub for that very reason that it gives you way more variety. 
7:40 a pint on the other hand is a bit much but suppose it’s hard to get much change from 7 euro these days in Dublin City isn’t it?

Edited by t_rAndy - 08 Mar 2020 at 6:15pm
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 5:12pm
7.40€ a pint 🍺,not bad for Dublin Tongue
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 5:37pm
lot of decent ales and lagers available in Carroll’s in Lucan, wouldn’t think any would be 6€, lovely food in there too.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 8:29pm
http://www.galwaybaybrewery.com/brewdock/

Prices are in around the 6e mark.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 8:07am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

€7.40 a pint, good luck to them 

Anyone that gives a craft beer boozer or any gastropub for that matter business deserves to be fleeced. 

Absolute soulless sh*tholes. 

Edit: this post should be in the unpopular opinion thread  rather than this one.  

Muff - The socks and sandals wearing Mayo chaps don't normally frequent such establishments. WinkWink
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 8:52am
Love a good craft beer myself.

I agree the prices can be a bit OTT but it's not like you are paying €7 for a mass produced chemical infused same tasting drink which is 4.5% majority of craft beers depending on the type at that price range are 8-10%

Edited by lassassinblanc - 09 Mar 2020 at 8:54am
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 9:10am
Been to Brewdog. It's a place that completely divides opinion. Whatever your opinion is before hand, will be the same opinion leaving. 

If you go in expecting overpriced beer and hipster beards, yes there is plenty of overpriced beers and hipster beards.

If you go in expecting to drink nice different beers, yes there is plenty of nice different beers.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 9:22am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I agree the prices can be a bit OTT but it's not like you are paying €7 for a mass produced chemical infused same tasting drink which is 4.5% majority of craft beers depending on the type at that price range are 8-10%

I went on the beer at 3pm one saturday and was on Lagunitas. Think it was 6.7%. I was crashed out by 8pm LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Been to Brewdog. It's a place that completely divides opinion. Whatever your opinion is before hand, will be the same opinion leaving. 

If you go in expecting overpriced beer and hipster beards, yes there is plenty of overpriced beers and hipster beards.

If you go in expecting to drink nice different beers, yes there is plenty of nice different beers.
Not in my case! I can get over the hipster beards, but sh*te service in awful surroundings is more the problem. I love their beer, but I doubt I will ever drink it in their pubs again. Seeing people getting medium-rare chicken, repeatedly, in the local one didn’t help.
The whole ‘punk’ thing is annoying too. There is absolutely nothing punk about them. Stop trying to be something you are not and just make decent beer.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I went on the beer at 3pm one saturday and was on Lagunitas. Think it was 6.7%. I was crashed out by 8pm LOL

Lightweight 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 12:56pm
Anyone come across Theakston Old Peculier on sale in any of the supermarkets/offys in the ROI ?

Havent been able to get my hands on it for a while.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 1:06pm

same happened to me in Poland at the eurosEmbarrassedLOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Anyone come across Theakston Old Peculier on sale in any of the supermarkets/offys in the ROI ?

Ohhhh now there's a drink to rattle your cage CH
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Was drinking this in my local at the weekend. A great pint, Saturday morning was a struggle to go out and drink more though.LOL
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 2:27pm
Slaughtering the Hope beers of late.

3 for €9 or if you're lucky in some places, 4 for €10.

Find myself having a few cans of it every other evening of late. Nice gear and local Thumbs Up

Edited by McG - 30 Jul 2020 at 2:43pm
AS YOU WERE McGx

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 2:40pm

3 for € or if you're lucky in some places, 4 for €10.

Find myself having a few cans of it every other evening of late. Nice gear and local Thumbs Up

Yeah some nice selection. 

They do an amazing Coffee stout which was a limited edition last year which I've found a  few times would highly recommend. 

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 2:43pm

3 for € or if you're lucky in some places, 4 for €10.

Yeah some nice selection. 

They do an amazing Coffee stout which was a limited edition last year which I've found a  few times would highly recommend. 

I'll try it if i see it, i actually think i spotted it in Jus De Vin in Portmarnock yesterday eve but i just cant take to any stout other than Guinness. I've tried but they just are not for me. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 64>
  Share Topic