You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

craft beer, real ales and the like

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 64>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Had a Heineken 0.0 last night.

I hate to admit, it did the job.

Did you get locked?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 7:49pm
the zeros aren’t worth the calories 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 7:56pm
Not a fan of the craft beers.  Went to some pub once that onyl sold trendy craft beers. Ordered some bottle of beer that cost 6.50 and drank about 3 sips out of it and couldn't drink any more. Was absolutely rotten.  I've bought one or two in the supermarket to try and found them pretty horrible as well.

Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 10:19am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Had a few cans of Roaster Coaster by Brewdog (US) and Evil Twin. f**kin lovely stuff - Vietnamese coffee stout unreal. Selling them in Tesco here not sure about at home.

There's a great place for beer in the market here had a couple of bottles of Kasteel Chocolate Quad the other day - unbelievable stuff.

Brewdog are absolute ****s, but their beer, including this collaboration, is very good. Still, I hate the bastards.

Yeah I don't buy into their "we're punk, but fund our capitalist venture, but we're punk so you actually don't any shares that you can sell easily. We're punk."
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Goodness shocking stuff i must say the Heino , the best 0.0 i have had is Becks as it tastes like beer .

Franziskaner and Erdinger are the two best alcohol free beers I've tried. Was on them for a few weeks when I thought the baby was about to be born and I wanted to be ready to drive the mrs to hospital.
IG @flanno_7hi
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 10:37am

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Goodness shocking stuff i must say the Heino , the best 0.0 i have had is Becks as it tastes like beer .

Franziskaner and Erdinger are the two best alcohol free beers I've tried. Was on them for a few weeks when I thought the baby was about to be born and I wanted to be ready to drive the mrs to hospital.

Yeah Erdinger in dark blue label definitely the best of them.
Nothing more shameless when the pubs charge you full price of a gargle for one, there no alcohol tax on them or very small since only 0.5. Should charge the same as in the super market, in my opinion,  especially as often the one drinking the non alcoholic is the designated driver.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 1:12pm

Had a few cans of Roaster Coaster by Brewdog (US) and Evil Twin. f**kin lovely stuff - Vietnamese coffee stout unreal. Selling them in Tesco here not sure about at home.

There's a great place for beer in the market here had a couple of bottles of Kasteel Chocolate Quad the other day - unbelievable stuff.

Brewdog are absolute ****s, but their beer, including this collaboration, is very good. Still, I hate the bastards.

Yeah I don't buy into their "we're punk, but fund our capitalist venture, but we're punk so you actually don't any shares that you can sell easily. We're punk."
I actually met one of the lads before they went huge. They were just after opening their first bar in London and came to a beer pub I worked in to do a paired Burns' supper. He was alright enough. I think like a lot of people he has got corrupted by the money and status and lost the decency he had.
I recently came across that they have been interviewing people for marketing roles and stringing them along, before telling them that the position is filled and then using ideas suggested by those applying. Really bad form.
Still, and still, that's less annoying than their bars! The same sh*t bar playing the same sh*t music, with the same sh*t food and sh*t service, with the same sh*t t-shirts(they should be f**king hung for those t-shirts) all across f**king Europe at this stage! 
The beer is good though!
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 2:22pm

I actually met one of the lads before they went huge. They were just after opening their first bar in London and came to a beer pub I worked in to do a paired Burns' supper. He was alright enough. I think like a lot of people he has got corrupted by the money and status and lost the decency he had.
I recently came across that they have been interviewing people for marketing roles and stringing them along, before telling them that the position is filled and then using ideas suggested by those applying. Really bad form.
Still, and still, that's less annoying than their bars! The same sh*t bar playing the same sh*t music, with the same sh*t food and sh*t service, with the same sh*t t-shirts(they should be f**king hung for those t-shirts) all across f**king Europe at this stage! 
The beer is good though!

I go in the one in Newcastle quite a bit when i'm up for work as it is near my hotel and work is paying for the beer. Find it nice in there when I'm on my own mid week, it's normally quiet.

IG @flanno_7hi
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 2:27pm
I was using the one here in lockdown as you could get a draught beer canned in front of you to keep it fresh. I'm not sure I could sit in one now, it would test my tolerance! 
I was only in Newcastle the once and didn't think much of it, so probably a safe option! A lot bars there but few proper pubs.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 2:31pm

I was using the one here in lockdown as you could get a draught beer canned in front of you to keep it fresh. I'm not sure I could sit in one now, it would test my tolerance! 
I was only in Newcastle the once and didn't think much of it, so probably a safe option! A lot bars there but few proper pubs.

Yeah true, there's a lot of posh wine bar type places but I don't fancy that on my own.
There's a few decent pubs in Gateshead, just down the road.
IG @flanno_7hi
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 6:46pm
I never find those places posh. They are the sort of places people who are really normal people want to go when they pretend their posh. All four coat and no knickers.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 9:42pm
yeah I know what you mean. They're not the Grosvenor they're just trying to be.

On another note, I'm having a alcohol free stout tonight. 
Big Drop Brewing - Galactic Milk Stout. Saw it in Sainos tonight, it's lovely. 

It's not actually 0 alcohol, it's 0.5%, but it's pretty decent. Tastes like Mikeller Breakfast Stout. 
IG @flanno_7hi
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 10:02pm

I never find those places posh. They are the sort of places people who are really normal people want to go when they pretend their posh. All four coat and no knickers.

Air conditioning must be good at least.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2020 at 7:01pm
Supping on a few Trouble Brewing Vietnow IPA. Unbelievable Heart
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2020 at 7:42pm
Wicklow Wolf Oatmeal Stout for me tonight to enjoy the CL Final
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2020 at 7:50pm
On the aul Midland Malt Iceberger IPA

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2020 at 8:08pm
Craft beer me hole. 8 cans of Stella for a tenner!
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2020 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Supping on a few Trouble Brewing Vietnow IPA. Unbelievable Heart
Had a few pints of that in Dublin before. Lovely stuff
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 64>
  Share Topic