You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why can we not create the same atmosphere at home?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why can we not create the same atmosphere at home?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 9:04pm
True when you are in the SS it sounds really good but if you are away from its just ok. Maybe split it into 2 sections and have the 2nd one somewhere in the East Lower and would be picked up on TV lots.
Sponsored Links

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 9:16pm
To be  honest we haven't had much reason to be singing and chanting at most home games. The only times I can think when the place was really rocking all over was when we pulled it back  to 2-3 against Russia and when we went 2-1 against Italy (say the whole stadium were on their feet). As someone pointed out earlier it's usually to tense watching the match to be standing up and chanting, well that's what I feel anyway.
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

To be  honest we haven't had much reason to be singing and chanting at most home games. The only times I can think when the place was really rocking all over was when we pulled it back  to 2-3 against Russia and when we went 2-1 against Italy (say the whole stadium were on their feet). As someone pointed out earlier it's usually to tense watching the match to be standing up and chanting, well that's what I feel anyway.

Italy game was in Croker.....

New Lansdowne has only really been good for the last few minutes of the Russia game.
orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 11:07pm
To create an atmosphere in a particular place, people need to turn up.
limericksown View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limericksown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 10:22am
Originally posted by ShannonHibs10 ShannonHibs10 wrote:

It is a sad state of affairs when you can't even get 30 lads to take flags to wave them for 10 minutes before the game and after.

Some people prefer to go to a game and sit for 90 minutes and that's fair enough. 35,000 people went to Poland and sang for the duration of the all 3 games. Where will these lads be come the next home game to continue the singing?
Clap

Shur the holiday is over now, the most of them will be back at home in front of the fire flicking between the Ireland games and Corrie!Dead 

AaronFever View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by fr larry duff fr larry duff wrote:

phone up the fai, had a mix up in my booking and got my seats moved no problem
Just emailed them and it seems the address faitickets@fai.ie is no longer in service LOL 
Looks like I'll have to have an annoying phone conversation Angry 
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by AaronFever AaronFever wrote:

Just emailed them and it seems the address faitickets@fai.ie is no longer in service LOL 

Did you not have to order your tickets through Ticketmaster?
AaronFever View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Originally posted by AaronFever AaronFever wrote:

Did you not have to order your tickets through Ticketmaster?
I did, but in the confirmation email it said to email the above address with any problems. I figure there is no point emailing Ticketmaster directly, that the FAI would be the ones who would be more invovled.
Am I wrong?
FiremanDan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 3:48pm
Drink
Sean Og O Hailpin.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic