You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trap's squad v Serbia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 535455
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 1:14pm
Bigpodge posted in the Doyle thread but think it deserves to go on this thread.

The players thus far that have recovered from injuries:

Doyle
Ward (he was assessed by the FAI medical staff so fair enough)
Sponsored Links

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 2:41pm
Can add on:

Wilson
Pilkington
Hoolahan (on the bench)

So only have to wait on Gibson on Monday and we could have a full house. All 4 that pulled out last weekend without being assessed by the FAI are fit to be involved today.

Wilson's international career is over for the forseeable future and rightly so. It was obvious a couple of years ago international football was below club football on his agenda. Fcuk him
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 2:43pm
Gibson fit for Monday, in his excuse he was genuinely injured but wouldnt have been surprised if he pulled out anyway
Whacha gonna do
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 3:38pm
what is the deal with wilson, he doesnt seem to give a toss about international football. I'd be happy to continue without him.
Garak View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 3:51pm
Hope Whelan gives him a firm boot in the nads. Smile

Edited by Garak - 18 Aug 2012 at 3:51pm
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 3:56pm
Hope Trap can be the bigger man and select him again....by far our best lb and would improve us no end.
TheMightyQuinn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheMightyQuinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 5:50pm
I wonder if the players have a problem with Trap? From what I see in the media (which isnt necessarily a lot) trap would be hard to play for. calls players out in the media, appears to have terrible communication skills, seems to have a very poor opinion of irish footballers, and has constantly picked jobbers from division 1 and the championship over top flight players. if you were close with a player like kevin foley, stephen reid, or andy reid you might not have much good to say about him either... 

i could see how some players that don't have the legacy in the irish shirt just might not want to turn up for him. 

or maybe like the honey badger...he just doesn't give a $** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg 
You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

Hope Trap can be the bigger man and select him again....by far our best lb and would improve us no end.

Eh, Trap has selected him repeatedly (and got stick off the likes of yourself on the occasions he didn't) but Marco keeps pulling out/not turning up. He may be the best of a poor selection of choices at L/B, but at this stage tis nearly as relevant as saying Stevie Villa is one of our best midfielders. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by TheMightyQuinn TheMightyQuinn wrote:

I wonder if the players have a problem with Trap? From what I see in the media (which isnt necessarily a lot) trap would be hard to play for. calls players out in the media, appears to have terrible communication skills, seems to have a very poor opinion of irish footballers, and has constantly picked jobbers from division 1 and the championship over top flight players. if you were close with a player like kevin foley, stephen reid, or andy reid you might not have much good to say about him either... 

i could see how some players that don't have the legacy in the irish shirt just might not want to turn up for him. 

or maybe like the honey badger...he just doesn't give a $** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg 

None of that applies to Wilson. He doesnt give a fcuk end of story. Heard around the time he didnt turn up for the NI match that he was a loose cannon and it was no surprise that he's rather take an extra couple of weeks off on the town than tog out for us.

Edited by Kerrzy - 18 Aug 2012 at 6:04pm
Mick_G View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 6:36pm
Very disappointed in Wilson he's clearly a donkey who doesn't give a rats about the irish shirt. He's a disgrace but we really need him

I honestly don't know what I'd do in trap shoes he's making a mug of us but we need him
Horrible situation

I blame trap for alot but I honestly wouldn't blame him never selecting this goon again

Edited by Mick_G - 18 Aug 2012 at 6:37pm
@mickgleeson82
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 535455
  Share Topic