You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trap's squad v Serbia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 55>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfesserGreenPaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trap's squad v Serbia
    Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 11:11pm
I think the squad Trap picks will be crutial for us to do well if we are to qualify for 2014, I hope he has the balls to add at least 4-5 new faces to the squad for Serbia match, cos if he doesnt we will have the same squad that didnt do well at Euro's. It will be criminal if he didn't pick Wilson, Clark, McCarthy, Coleman and imo Alex Pearce from Reading, he is good solid centre back, will be playing in Prem and we are short of centre backs if Dunner and Sledge got injured.

If I was a betting man I would say there would be only 1 suprise maybe be a Robert Brady getting a call up he seems to have mentioned him a few times, not a chance Hoolahan will make it. I hope Wilson makes it but I cannot see Trap ever picking him again.

I hope to see Coleman, Pearce, Wilson, Clark, McCarthy in squad but most likely it will be the same tried and trused and most likely the same team.

Also does anybody know when he is announcing the squad?
Trapnoclue wants to marry Paul Green
Sponsored Links

jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 11:15pm
TRAPNOCLUE in 5, 4, 3....
It's Jack Shat
trapnoclue View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Eh, make that suspended 11 times now

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapnoclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 11:18pm
here i amWink lads we all know the lazy sod will name the 23  that went to poland plus kevin foley, cos they deserve go ser bi a and men tal ity
ProfesserGreenPaul View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfesserGreenPaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 11:40pm
Kevin Foley will never play for Ireland again under Trap and rightly so, was treated like muck by Trap, we need centre backs so hopefully Pearce if not maybe Shane Duffy needs to be picked, we need to get lads more minutes on pitch, our best 5 up and coming players, Wilson, Clark, McClean, McCarthy, Coleman have 8 minutes of competitive international football between them for usCry

I have no problem with Trap being in charge as long as we are looking to blood new players, this squad will be huge as a lot of fans are getting fed up with same squad over and over if he doesn't make changes to squad for Serbia it means no new players will make squad for next 2 years so then I can see a few young lads who could be good for us like Sean Murray, Joe Mason, Anthony Pilkington who are in 2 minds turning there back on us and we could end up in next few years losing good players due to a stubborn manager, this squad will be crutial imo ,
Trapnoclue wants to marry Paul Green
domo View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote domo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by ProfesserGreenPaul ProfesserGreenPaul wrote:

Kevin Foley will never play for Ireland again under Trap and rightly so, was treated like muck by Trap, we need centre backs so hopefully Pearce if not maybe Shane Duffy needs to be picked, we need to get lads more minutes on pitch, our best 5 up and coming players, Wilson, Clark, McClean, McCarthy, Coleman have 8 minutes of competitive international football between them for usCry

I have no problem with Trap being in charge as long as we are looking to blood new players, this squad will be huge as a lot of fans are getting fed up with same squad over and over if he doesn't make changes to squad for Serbia it means no new players will make squad for next 2 years so then I can see a few young lads who could be good for us like Sean Murray, Joe Mason, Anthony Pilkington who are in 2 minds turning there back on us and we could end up in next few years losing good players due to a stubborn manager, this squad will be crutial imo ,
Well saidClap
Shake and Bake
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by trapnoclue trapnoclue wrote:

here i amWink lads we all know the lazy sod will name the 23  that went to poland plus kevin foley, cos they deserve go ser bi a and men tal ity

Guarantee it'll be about a 29 man squad and it'll tell us what we know - that there will be little change. Then there'll be a rake of withdrawals and it'll be up to the lads that do play to stake their claim.

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 11:50pm
I have a feeling there won't be many new faces from the Euro squad,maybe Coleman and McCarthy will come in.But the new players being called up won't matter a bit if he doesn't actually use them properly,that's the worry I have.I spose the real test will be the first qualifier,it's all well and good making changes for a friendly,when it matters he needs to be doing something new
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapnoclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 11:53pm
i agree kerrzy im expecting mass withdrawls in nxt campaign by our better players who are pissed off with trap, and who will be left? mcshane, ward, green and whelan mark my words!!!!all will play in campaign in front of about 700 fans in the aviva!
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 11:55pm
Thinking about it there isn't a lot of players he can drop.

Henderson could be called in for Forde but very doubtful..

Realistically at the back the only 2 that possibly could be dropped are McShane and O Dea.

Hunt and Green are the only midfielders. Nobody up front are under threat (and rightly so).

If I was putting money on it Hunt may be finished and if fahey and McC are fit he'll have no business picking Green.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 12:40am
See how retirements go. Imagine he will call the 23 from Poland that are available then perhaps McCarthy, Wilson, Clark. But this in my opinion is a bit lazy. He needs to look at players he has never looked at as well. I would rather our senior players took a rest for this one and we also cal in players like McCann, Brady, Sean Murray.
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote trapnoclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 12:50am
lads straight away mcshane, ward, green, whelan, hunt, should be dropped and robbie told to stay in mickey mouse land. no need  for given or dunne to come to this one either, call up coleman, mccarthy, wilson, clark, brady, holohan and ireland, this is the least we deserve ffs!!! but he wont do a jot the lazy dinasour, the aviva should be renamed jurassic park!!!
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapnoclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 12:51am
duffy and fahy as well.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 12:51am
I expect a few new faces, would like to see Fahey back in, Clark, Coleman, McCarthy, Wilson and McClean hopefully.

Still have not lost all faith in Trap Thumbs Up

Edit: And Stephen Ireland once he apologises.

Edited by Sono - 05 Jul 2012 at 12:52am
HowLongShaneLong View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HowLongShaneLong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 1:24am
I really think McCarthy should play this game. This is step 1 in a long 2 years. We need to come up with an alternative at left back, maybe Greg Cunningham. Would love to see Long and Walters start together. Give McClean a run from the off and try a new fresh centre midfield.
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 8:05am
not a hope of change. there may be 1/2 new players in squad but starting team will be close to Euro starting line up.

not holding hope of change

Ar_do_rothar View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ar_do_rothar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 8:17am
Will Keane and Given be considered here?
I'm with the rest of ye: we need to see some new faces here and slightly less hoofball on the park. There's just no future continuing down the route we've been on so far.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 8:53am
I think the squad will be pretty much the same. I'd be more concerned about his starting 11 though.
As this will give us an indication of how he will play against Kazakhstan.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 10:22am
Same team that started against Croatia..............................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 55>
  Share Topic