FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish fans - what they said

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Irish fans - what they said
    Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 8:05am
"Irish fans they just love the double dances " girls in the bunny club Poznan
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Sponsored Links

St.Pauli View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St.Pauli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 7:58am
Originally posted by Black Knee Stevie Black Knee Stevie wrote:

"                        " 

~ German Commentator

Yeah, that was great sport. The commentator didn't say a word in the last minutes of the Spain game so that everyone could enjoy that atmosphere.

Some people thought their TV was not working because they couldn't hear him saying anything... LOL
Lend me ten pounds and I'll buy you a drink
keith11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 4:10am
German TV a few days after their commentator stopped talking during the FOA singing against Spain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=MgNDljqGouE&feature=endscreen

musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 11:56pm
Thomas Zimoch (Polish Radio Commentator): (Translation imperfect)

Dear Irish, you have made steady progress. Because this year in Poland, you were even better than 22 years ago. You make a football match something special, unusual. YOU shine. Poland fell in love with YOU. With joy, serenity, optimism, commitment to your team, which is generated in the stadium atmosphere and your amazing vocals. Each meeting with you in the stands is a unique experience. It's more than just a game. 

In Poznan and Gdansk you showed how football can be played. And how the audience should have fun. During the radio broadcast of the match between Ireland and Spain I lacked words to describe what you did in the stands in Gdansk. I interrupted the commentary and asked listeners to let themselves be borne YOUR emotions. Your singing made this modern stadium explode. I felt like I was in a concert hall or a large concert hall. 

A few days ago, a Polish professor Stuligrosz died. His choir has won global recognition. Stefan was smiling in heaven as I heard your song. Because you have created a unique choir.  I feel great satisfaction that I could be at your show. So sad and empty. Something was missing. I miss you. 

Poland yearns for you. UEFA should give you a special prize. My voice does not have the strength like yours, but I submit that you should get the FAIR PLAY AWARD! Because you are unique! 

Grief gripped the Polish people that one of you will come home. Together  we are with YOU experiencing this tragedy. We will remember James Nolan. A cheerful, rozśpiewanym boy. I propose that in Bydgoszcz, Polish supporters create a plaque commemorating James. I wish that in the future every football match between Poland and Ireland is preceded by a minute of silence. 

IRELAND - THANK YOU!

Here is the article:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftomaszzimoch.natemat.pl%2F19879%2Csmutno-i-pusto-czegos-mi-brak-tesknie&act=url

Here is his live radio commentary from the end of the Spain game:

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DMmDevkVGszE%26feature%3Drelated&h=-AQGRrSsCAQHc42yvy0im24ZpBlXQNa70HCpAq1Xgjg9btw&enc=AZOXFq-RwTGc7Vnc9B_XD-zgB-mdMB37QLvFE2p5YU4IgJGDxdpGBVRYi7fN3yCxdK11n8IDPlo5PSwteANTN8XS
Ludwig von Drake View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig von Drake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 11:03pm
Chris O'Dowd (actor)

Hand on heart, how amazing is it hearing the Irish fans singing their balls out in the stadium? #proud #COYBIChoirs

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 10:54pm
z

Edited by fear-glas - 21 Nov 2020 at 7:41pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by AaronFever AaronFever wrote:

Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Originally posted by Skipper Skipper wrote:

" probably the best fans in the world"

Carlsberg,
Denmark.

...But not at the Aviva sadly.

I've never understood that about Landsdowne. I'm always up for chanting but whenever I do I just get looks from the people sitting around me. It's bloody frustrating.

I believe it's called being sober
Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 10:29pm
"You're the best fans in the world" - nearly every Polish person we met over there.
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 10:00pm
@DavyLangan: Proud of Irish supporters last night.Never stopped supporting the team.COYBIG

Edited by El_nino - 28 Jun 2012 at 10:00pm
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 7:13pm
"Oh look...Paul Green!"

ShamtheRam takes a moment to remove his head from his hands to comment on Ireland's latest substitute.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
AaronFever View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Carlsberg,
Denmark.

I've never understood that about Landsdowne. I'm always up for chanting but whenever I do I just get looks from the people sitting around me. It's bloody frustrating.
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 6:59pm

Carlsberg,
Denmark.

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 6:26pm

Carlsberg,
Denmark.

LOL
Skipper View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 6:25pm

Carlsberg,
Denmark.
Stephen Irelands Superman Jocks!!
Roll_It_There View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll_It_There Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 6:11pm

"@fmuamba: Credit to the irish fans the way they support they team. It incredible." Amazing!

heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 4:52pm
didnt realise Pique/Del Bosque said that.....
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
PaulMcGrath5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulMcGrath5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 4:51pm
"Imagine how loud the Irish fans would be if they had something to shout about! #properfans". Michael Owen
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

"Absolute disgrace"
R.Keane,
Cork

LOLLOL
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic