You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tv show/box set you watching ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 248249250251252 283>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2022 at 12:53pm
Aftershock, the story of the 2015 Nepalese earthquake is very good. 3 parter on Netflix. 
I’m fascinated with all things Mt Everest but this is a much wider ranging documentary taking in Kathmandu & the Langtang valley too 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 11:27am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Stumbled across 'Candy' on Hulu/Disney. Really good show.

Great for married couples! 

I watched this over the last 2 days - not bad. I thought the last episode was a bit meh.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Dahmer was good but overrated.  By the last few episodes I was zoning out. Could have finished it within like 5 episodes and sped things up, was too slow at times 
Episode 1 was 10/10 brilliant, it fades a bit after that but recovers near the end. Probably agree it doesn’t need to be 10 episodes long. 
Just going onto episode 4, not bad so far but it does seem like they are dragging it out. The fella playing him is very good.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I watched this over the last 2 days - not bad. I thought the last episode was a bit meh.

Yeah probably started off better than finished but still a good show to sink teeth into, only 5 episodes too 
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 2:56pm
"The Bear" on Disney Plus is brilliant. Talented chef comes back to Chicago to take over his dead brother's local diner/sandwich shop. 

"Andor" is also class - best of the Star Wars series released to date. 
Touts Out!
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 3:15pm

Yeah probably started off better than finished but still a good show to sink teeth into, only 5 episodes too 

Yeah watched it over the weekend myself, decent enough but probably could have been a 3 or 4 parter. Needlessly dragged out and kind of just trails off, ending was very meh.

Didn't cop your man was Justin Timberlake until near the end either.

Edited by Bandwagon - 19 Oct 2022 at 3:16pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Yeah watched it over the weekend myself, decent enough but probably could have been a 3 or 4 parter. Needlessly dragged out and kind of just trails off, ending was very meh.

Didn't cop your man was Justin Timberlake until near the end either.

The missus called that one to me as well I wouldn't have copped it  actually felt he was a bit of a miscast though 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 3:33pm
Watched Help on Netflix after reading good reviews of it and seeing Stephen Graham was in it

Wasn't great, depressing sh*te
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 4:02pm

Line of Duty

Full boxset on RTE
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 5:53am
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Dahmer was good but overrated.  By the last few episodes I was zoning out. Could have finished it within like 5 episodes and sped things up, was too slow at times 
Episode 1 was 10/10 brilliant, it fades a bit after that but recovers near the end. Probably agree it doesn’t need to be 10 episodes long. 
Just going onto episode 4, not bad so far but it does seem like they are dragging it out. The fella playing him is very good.

Like most things on Netflix, absolutely no need for the amount of episodes. Could have easily been covered in a 5 or 6 parter. 

I can understand why they focused on the families in the last 3 episodes so it doesn't seem like a glorification of Dahmer, but 2 or 3 episodes with Glenda Cleveland being the main focus was too much.

Has any one watched The Walk In with Stephen Graham on ITV? 2 or 3 episodes have been released so far I think.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 9:35am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Like most things on Netflix, absolutely no need for the amount of episodes. Could have easily been covered in a 5 or 6 parter. 
It's the way TV is going these days unfortunately, Netflix/Apple/Disney/Prime all want content, if someone comes to them with a good idea for a 2hr movie these days, they're told to go back and make it into a 8-10 part miniseries.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 10:00am
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

"The Bear" on Disney Plus is brilliant. Talented chef comes back to Chicago to take over his dead brother's local diner/sandwich shop. 

"Andor" is also class - best of the Star Wars series released to date

Really?? Its fairly boring to be honest. Even my 12 year old stars wars mad son stopped watching it half way through cause it was so boring.
Chips don't bounce
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Taoiseach Taoiseach wrote:

Severance - A top class show. 

I started this the other day. A couple of episodes in and it’s grimly enjoyable 
El Puto Amo
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 11:52am
I finished The Missing on Netflix. An excellent detective drama if that's your thing.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Watched Help on Netflix after reading good reviews of it and seeing Stephen Graham was in it

Wasn't great, depressing sh*te

It was depressing alright but very engaging with excellent performances by Jodie Comer and Stephen Graham.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

I can understand why they focused on the families in the last 3 episodes so it doesn't seem like a glorification of Dahmer, but 2 or 3 episodes with Glenda Cleveland being the main focus was too much.

Has any one watched The Walk In with Stephen Graham on ITV? 2 or 3 episodes have been released so far I think.

I watched The Jeffrey Dahmer Tapes, which was excellent, and after watching that can confirm that creative decision was probably political and led by optics.

Ted Bundy targeted white college girls. Richard Speck slaughtered Filipino nurses. Gary Ridgway murdered prostitutes. Dean Corll and John Wayne Gacy targeted white boys. Since when has anyone given one sh*t about telling the victims stories in any of those cases? 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Traumazone produced by BBC Factual (I'm watching it on social media) is a chronological account of the seismic changes in Russia from 1986 to 1999, from the collapse of Communism to its move democracy. No commentary but a montage of different recordings over the period featuring a series of vignettes featuring an array of people coping with the changes. Brilliant format.If you are interested in getting some understanding of Russia in 2022, its well worth watching. 7 episodes of about 55 mins.

Adam Curtis is a brilliant film maker. Posted about this on the Ukrainian war thread and linked one of his previous films from 2007 that touched on that called The Trap in that thread.

Would recommend going his back catalogue, the likes of The Power of Nightmares, The Century of the Self and All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace are quality.

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Traumazone produced by BBC Factual (I'm watching it on social media) is a chronological account of the seismic changes in Russia from 1986 to 1999, from the collapse of Communism to its move democracy. No commentary but a montage of different recordings over the period featuring a series of vignettes featuring an array of people coping with the changes. Brilliant format.If you are interested in getting some understanding of Russia in 2022, its well worth watching. 7 episodes of about 55 mins.

Adam Curtis is a brilliant film maker. Posted about this on the Ukrainian war thread and linked one of his previous films from 2007 that touched on that called The Trap in that thread.

Would recommend going his back catalogue, the likes of The Power of Nightmares, The Century of the Self and All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace are quality.

I've finished  the series earlier in the week. Excellent. Putin makes a brief appearance in final episode. The Yeltsin years were crazy, akin to the gold rush in the wild west. One clip stands out for me is where scavengers are digging up ww2 battlefields searching for corpses of German soldiers that might have anything of value on them, such was the despiration and poverty. 
I must check out The Trap..

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 20 Oct 2022 at 1:17pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 248249250251252 283>
  Share Topic