You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tv show/box set you watching ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 219220221222223 285>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 10:44pm
what we do in the shadows now on Disney plus. As said before, highly recommended 
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 11:11pm
I didn't watch the Sopranos when it was out. I was a bit young when it started- think I was 12 or so. Started watching it last week and almost through the first season. It has aged pretty well.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 12:22am
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

I didn't watch the Sopranos when it was out. I was a bit young when it started- think I was 12 or so. Started watching it last week and almost through the first season. It has aged pretty well.

Absolutely quality show. Watched it originally but had forgotten most it, rewatched it on Sky with the missus who had never seen it and was bet into it start to finish.

Dying to see the film now.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 12:39am
Don't get your hopes up. It's just OK.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 1:05am
Only Gomorrah gets within an arses roar of The Sopranos......get thee to Satin Dolls
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 1:05am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Sopranos? I never heard anyone who gave it a chance not love it.

I rewatched recently and it’s as good as you can get in terms of you can’t put something in front of my eyes on the telly machine that I can say “that’s better”

Edited by t_rAndy - 08 Oct 2021 at 1:06am
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 1:20am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I rewatched recently and it’s as good as you can get in terms of you can’t put something in front of my eyes on the telly machine that I can say “that’s better”

Ah no, I meant The Many Saints of Newark. The Sopranos is superb.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 8:55am
Going to rewatch it myself soon and sons of anarchy.

At moment rewatching Seinfeld and curb your enthusiasm 😎
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 9:25am
New Curb is tragic. It hasn't been good since S6 or S7 if I'm being generous.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 9:42am

Agreed.  I think I would find it hard to respect someone if they watched sopranos and didn’t like it.  Especially any male that didn’t like it.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 10:34am
Two episodes into Squid Games. Enjoyable stuff. Perhaps the less is more approach could be taken with some of it my only complaint. The Koreans don't do subtlety.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 9:33am
Really enjoyed Squid Games, episode 6 in particular was superb, ending was a bit sh*t though!
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Agreed.  I think I would find it hard to respect someone if they watched sopranos and didn’t like it.  Especially any male that didn’t like it.  
As much as there are scenes of violence in the Sopranos the comedy moments nearly outweigh them especially when they find out about Vito or the Pine Barrons episode. Every time Junior opens his mouth too you are guaranteed something funny will be said.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 1:25pm
SISTER'S ****!
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 3:56pm
When The Dust Settles

Top top show on All 4, highly recommend it if you like your nordic stuff Clap

"Harrowing Danish psychological drama from Walter Presents portraying the lives of eight people whose paths converge at a cataclysmic event. How will their lives change in the aftermath?"

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 3:58pm

Agreed on both points. The movie was very underwhelming. The TV show is peerless. 
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 4:00pm
Deadwood, much like The Sopranos, was a great show followed years later by an underwhelming movie.

Best to let the memories lie sometimes.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 8:48am
Finished Squid Game. Ending was a letdown imo.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 219220221222223 285>
  Share Topic