You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tv show/box set you watching ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 216217218219220 285>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 7:31am
Vigil on BBC 1 top class. Will give the third episode of Kin one last chance tomorrow if it doesn’t improve ditching it.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 8:34am
Ive watched the first 2 episodes of Kin. Its woeful.
I love beer gardens
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 8:53am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Ive watched the first 2 episodes of Kin. Its woeful.
And that's generous 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 8:57am
Anyone watch Ted Lasoo? Won a load of awards at the Emmys the other night
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 9:02am
Ditched Kin after the first episode
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I do. Its very good in fairness. 

Watched Schumacher doc on Tuesday. Very very good.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 10:22am

That's some budget they had for Kin. Sure getting Mac from Always Sunny alone must have cost a bomb.

darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Was recommended to watch it but don't like it. The other half enjoys the feel good nature to it.
Thought it would be funnier and less mushy.

Mac from Sunny was just mentioned there and haven't heard anyone talk about Mythic Quest. Also on Prime. He's a games developer along the lines of World of Warcraft. It's a lot funnier then Ted.
The dark side.. And the light
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

That's some budget they had for Kin. Sure getting Mac from Always Sunny alone must have cost a bomb.

I couldn’t stop seeing the same LOL I’m enjoying Kin though 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 11:35am
If Kin wasn't an Irish show I'd have given up on it  very basic script and story being told. 
I think its trying to be too slick (maybe for the US audience since its a joined adventure with AMC in America and RTE).
The background music during scenes is very annoying.

Some parts of the story you can get your teeth into but there so many things you roll your eyes at and you would actually say this is not realistic or give the best insight into what it is really like at street level. Thought Love/Hate was great at that.

I'll give it a bit more time but its very unremarkable .

The mac from its always sunny thing as well is hard to look past!

Edited by t_rAndy - 23 Sep 2021 at 11:37am
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

What we do in the shadows. Very very funny

all episodes on the  bbc iplayer
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

If Kin wasn't an Irish show I'd have given up on it  very basic script and story being told. 
I think its trying to be too slick (maybe for the US audience since its a joined adventure with AMC in America and RTE).
The background music during scenes is very annoying.

Some parts of the story you can get your teeth into but there so many things you roll your eyes at and you would actually say this is not realistic or give the best insight into what it is really like at street level. Thought Love/Hate was great at that.

I'll give it a bit more time but its very unremarkable .

The mac from its always sunny thing as well is hard to look past!

I said the exact same. If it was English or Scottish or whatever i would have turned off after the 1st episode. The script is brutal and some of the actors do not fit the show. Poor casting aswell. All in all its just a poor show full of cliche's. Does not even compare to Love/Hate. So bad.
I love beer gardens
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 1:40pm
It's very slow moving at the moment, even after an explosive ending to episode 1 which should have set the series up. Episode 2 was extremely boring. Someone above described it as unremarkable, and that describes it perfectly so far. It's not gritty enough for a crime drama.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 1:48pm
Ep2 was quite poor, enjoyed Ep1. Could take or leave the show, it’s on at the same time as vigil on bbc1, which is far better so usually watch Kin on Monday or Tuesday 
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 8:02am
watching third episode of Kin there to give it one last go, the background music is so crap on scenes - no need for it 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 9:05am
love hate was destroyed on here for the first few episodes
AKA pedantic kunt
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 10:02am
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

watching third episode of Kin there to give it one last go, the background music is so crap on scenes - no need for it 

Are RTE sending you a personal copy before the episode has been aired?
The dark side.. And the light
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

love hate was destroyed on here for the first few episodes

Yeah Love/Hate didn't really get going at all until the second season. From that point on it was excellent.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 216217218219220 285>
  Share Topic