You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tv show/box set you watching ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 206207208209210 285>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 2:57pm
Finished ZeroZeroZero last night, excellent crime drama series primarily about a drug shipment between Mexico and Italy, seriously violent at times and some great characters!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Finally getting stuck into The US Office after only catching it here and there. Easy viewing and some very funny episodes. 

Yeah started watching it about a month ago, currently mid-way through season 3.

I never really watched it when it was first on but really enjoying it.

Much prefer it to the UK Office though there are some similarities (i.e. Pam/Jim  Dawn/Tim love story) but it is very different.

Dwight is obviously based on Gareth but is far superior this is mostly due Rainn Wilson being a far superior actor imo.

Finished Office the other night, think they finished it at the right time, felt the last few seasons weren't as great as the early seasons think it really missed Steve Carrell when he left. 

The last two episodes though Cry

Started Drive to Survive last night wouldn't be a massive F1 fan but I think it's brilliant to see behind the scenes of the sport.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 4:52pm
On to Fargo Season 3. I'm on episode 3 and it's safely the worst episode yet. I've got to say, the main female character seems like a bit of a retread; almost a composite of Allison Tolman and Colin Hanks characters in Season 1. And the "all male cops are stupid chauvinistic pigs and the female cop is the smartest person in the room" trope wafts of wokeness. Ewan McGregor playing two characters reminded me of The Deuce - where it didn't quite work - but, in fairness, it's a bit less jarring in this so far.

None of the antagonists have captured the magic of Billy Bob Thornton in S1 so far but I'm quite intrigued by this Varga fella.

My brother said S1 and S2 were missing someone like Martin Freeman's character in S1 to tie it all together and I'd be in relative agreement with that.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Finished ZeroZeroZero last night, excellent crime drama series primarily about a drug shipment between Mexico and Italy, seriously violent at times and some great characters!
only 8 episodes. Will give it a lash
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

The old Don is a brilliantly cast character.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

The mindset and moral logic of the ndrangheta is fascinating. And as for that blood drinking ritual....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

On to Fargo Season 3. I'm on episode 3 and it's safely the worst episode yet. I've got to say, the main female character seems like a bit of a retread; almost a composite of Allison Tolman and Colin Hanks characters in Season 1. And the "all male cops are stupid chauvinistic pigs and the female cop is the smartest person in the room" trope wafts of wokeness. Ewan McGregor playing two characters reminded me of The Deuce - where it didn't quite work - but, in fairness, it's a bit less jarring in this so far.

None of the antagonists have captured the magic of Billy Bob Thornton in S1 so far but I'm quite intrigued by this Varga fella.

My brother said S1 and S2 were missing someone like Martin Freeman's character in S1 to tie it all together and I'd be in relative agreement with that.

Yeah S3 isn't quite as good as S1 or S2 - possibly the funniest of the three though.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 12:41pm

is it Netflix?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 1:06pm
As good as Fargo has been, each season isn't as good as the last.
Haven't seen 4 yet but it's coming to channel 4 soon.

Getting through Better call Saul. On the 2nd season and enjoying it more than breaking bad.
Schitts creek, grand for something to watch while having your dinner.
Falcon and the Winter Soldier. That finished on Disney last week. Wandavision was probably better because each episode was filmed in a different style, but if you like Marvel you'd probably still enjoy it.
The dark side.. And the light
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

As good as Fargo has been, each season isn't as good as the last.
Haven't seen 4 yet but it's coming to channel 4 soon.

Getting through Better call Saul. On the 2nd season and enjoying it more than breaking bad.
Falcon and the Winter Soldier. That finished on Disney last week. Wandavision was probably better because each episode was filmed in a different style, but if you like Marvel you'd probably still enjoy it.

I did the two seasons then got fed up. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 1:32pm
Schitt’s Creek is one of the worst shows I have seen in a long time.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

That's exactly how we watched. Although Superstore took over the dinner slot recently.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 3:19pm

is it Netflix?

Sky Atlantic as far as I know. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 3:21pm
 jesses diets 1 | Meme Generator

This week I will mostly be watching terrestrial television

Edited by Trap junior - 27 Apr 2021 at 3:21pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 3:23pm
Tearing through Line of Duty at the moment. Midway through Season 5 after starting about 10 days ago. Wasted my life waiting this long to watch it. Brilliant show. Clap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 4:09pm
Don't go up to the 'who is H' thread until you finish the episodes you have to watch still 

Edited by t_rAndy - 27 Apr 2021 at 4:09pm
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 7:24pm
Finished your Honor. Dragged out way to long. 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Don't go up to the 'who is H' thread until you finish the episodes you have to watch still 
Yeah I went in earlier and thought ah sure how bad can it be. Then I saw names I didn't know and ran.
Embarrassed

At the point i'm at in Season 5 I can't see how H cannot be anyone but Hastings.

Edited by ShamtheRam - 27 Apr 2021 at 9:12pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 206207208209210 285>
  Share Topic