You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tv show/box set you watching ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 157158159160161 286>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 8:49am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Detention was Saturday mornings for us

Hmmmm, someone really should make a film about that
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 9:12am
The teachers must have loved coming in on Saturday morning. LOL

Normal People is alright. It feels like it has all been done before though.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 10:10am

We had something called 'supervised study' in our school - which took place for a couple of hours after school finished. It was generally taken up by choice by people in sixth year but it doubled as detention.

Also agree with the comments on the second season of After Life - really enjoyed it. I enjoyed the first season as well but it was a lot more 'hit and miss' than the second. The psychiatrist pretty much stole every scene he was in!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I've just finished Gangs of London. It's preposterous. It has more "ah here" moments in it's 9 episodes than you'd usually get in 9 series of a show, and yet I really enjoyed it.

I watched the first episode and felt the fight scenes were like something out no retreat no surrender or karate kid or some
It stuff from the 80s we loved as teenagers.  I can’t see myself staying with it having red your post.  

I am watching city in the hill and like it.  Kevin bacon is excellent 

Jaysus. You must have watched a much more violent version of The Karate Kid than me! I don't think the action scenes are anything alike.

Look, the action scenes, of which there are plenty, are excellent. That was enough to keep me engaged. Obviously that won't be the case for everyone.

Yeah they were obviously more violent etc but they were highly stylised.  Anyone who has seen a fight will know its usuallymessy and quite pathetic even if someone I has martial arts skills.   It just took the show in a direction  I couldnt believe   
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 10:51am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The teachers must have loved coming in on Saturday morning. LOL

Normal People is alright. It feels like it has all been done before though.

Unlike marianne 
AKA pedantic kunt
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 10:57am
Covid Tv for me, 

Finished Line of Duty and I must say it's a 9/10. enjoyed it

Just finished season 1 of Narcos and its excellent! looking forward to finishing it. 10/10

Watched 1st episode of Gangs of London. Don't think will i bother with the rest of it. Too much far fetched sh*te particularly the fight scenes 3/10

Tiger King, gave it till the 2nd episode i think before i turned it off. complete sh*te. 0/10. don't waste your time watching if you haven't yet.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

Covid Tv for me, 

Just finished season 1 of Narcos and its excellent! looking forward to finishing it. 10/10

Watched 1st episode of Gangs of London. Don't think will i bother with the rest of it. Too much far fetched sh*te particularly the fight scenes 3/10

Tiger King, gave it till the 2nd episode i think before i turned it off. complete sh*te. 0/10. don't waste your time watching if you haven't yet.

I think we have similar views on TV.  What you doing after lockdown 
AKA pedantic kunt
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 11:06am

Covid Tv for me, 

I think we have similar views on TV.  What you doing after lockdown 

Working LOL
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 11:10am

I've just finished Gangs of London. It's preposterous. It has more "ah here" moments in it's 9 episodes than you'd usually get in 9 series of a show, and yet I really enjoyed it.

I watched the first episode and felt the fight scenes were like something out no retreat no surrender or karate kid or some
It stuff from the 80s we loved as teenagers.  I can’t see myself staying with it having red your post.  

I am watching city in the hill and like it.  Kevin bacon is excellent 

Jaysus. You must have watched a much more violent version of The Karate Kid than me! I don't think the action scenes are anything alike.

Look, the action scenes, of which there are plenty, are excellent. That was enough to keep me engaged. Obviously that won't be the case for everyone.

Yeah they were obviously more violent etc but they were highly stylised.  Anyone who has seen a fight will know its usuallymessy and quite pathetic even if someone I has martial arts skills.   It just took the show in a direction  I couldnt believe   

I know what you mean. I remember a fight scene in The Shield between one of the central characters (Lem) and two other lads. Incredible fight scene and much more in line with what you talking about. It was purely about survival.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 11:21am

Covid Tv for me, 

I couldn't watch that Line of Duty. Poorly scripted,  unbelievable storylines and terribly directed. I know I am hard to please, but genuinely one of the worst things I have ever tried to watch. It seemed to capture the zeitgeist well, but I can't imagine it will stand the test of time.Happy Valley shat all over it.

Narcos is brilliant. The third series was poor and it felt like they were just manufacturing a storyline, but the first two series are excellent. 

Tiger King is cheap entertainment, but it is very hard not to be entertained by Americans who are so obsessed with fame and celebrity. It grates a bit that things like this are classed as documentaries when they are clearly just reality television packages as such, but it's brilliant lunacy. How reality television should be, not destroying people's mental health in the name of love and sex, but showing people who have long given up their mental health for meth and tigers.

Edited by pre Madonna - 30 Apr 2020 at 11:35am
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 11:52am

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Started 'Normal People' there as herself wants to watch it, when did detention come into Irish schools? Did others have this? 

Yes, had it in my day. An "after school" it was known as

I meant in Ireland, I know they have it in Britain.  Never heard of it back home.

Not being smart, but you   must be quite young.
There couldn't have been detention in my school as the buses out to the villages and parishes near the town left straight after school. I know the schools in other towns in my area were the same. Never heard of it in Cork either, though I guess I never thought of it. Assumed all schools were the same, bar the posh ones.
Same with us up in borderland. There was detention at lunch time in some cases but never after school. 
Sure all of us 'townies' (population about 3,500 at the timeLOL) used to go home for lunch. Did they feed you if they kept you in?
Did they fook feed you. You had 15 mins to eat. Lunch was 12:30-13:30. Detention started 12:45. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 12:03pm

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Started 'Normal People' there as herself wants to watch it, when did detention come into Irish schools? Did others have this? 

Yes, had it in my day. An "after school" it was known as

I meant in Ireland, I know they have it in Britain.  Never heard of it back home.

Not being smart, but you   must be quite young.
There couldn't have been detention in my school as the buses out to the villages and parishes near the town left straight after school. I know the schools in other towns in my area were the same. Never heard of it in Cork either, though I guess I never thought of it. Assumed all schools were the same, bar the posh ones.
Same with us up in borderland. There was detention at lunch time in some cases but never after school. 
Sure all of us 'townies' (population about 3,500 at the timeLOL) used to go home for lunch. Did they feed you if they kept you in?
Did they fook feed you. You had 15 mins to eat. Lunch was 12:30-13:30. Detention started 12:45. 
I wouldn't have had any lunch with me, my nana made mine ready for me. I could even catch a bit of ' Take the High Road' if I was lucky.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 12:22pm

We had detention in my school. One of the more inventive punishments I saw was dished out to a lad in my class. He was suspended a couple of times previously but he wasn't especially bothered. So the next time he got in hassle instead of being sent home, he had to shadow our Form Head during school hours for an entire week. So he had to sit in the other years classes, had to go to the teachers room with him for free periods and even had to stand outside the jax waiting when required. A complete pain in the bollox for both parties involved but effective. 
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

We had detention in my school. One of the more inventive punishments I saw was dished out to a lad in my class. He was suspended a couple of times previously but he wasn't especially bothered. So the next time he got in hassle instead of being sent home, he had to shadow our Form Head during school hours for an entire week. So he had to sit in the other years classes, had to go to the teachers room with him for free periods and even had to stand outside the jax waiting when required. A complete pain in the bollox for both parties involved but effective. 
I was suspended Loads of times, that would have been the opposite of effective. I doubt I would have finished school out if such a thing was applied and would highly question the legality of it. The whole point of school is to educate,  if that was how they did it it was no wonder he didn't have an interest!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 12:33pm

You a tan MC? 

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

You a tan MC? 

I went to a posh school. The sort of place where owning a pair of football boots pretty much guaranteed you a spot on the school team. 
El Puto Amo
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 1:12pm

You a tan MC? 

I went to a posh school. The sort of place where owning a pair of football boots pretty much guaranteed you a spot on the school team. 
Thumbs Up
Never heard a Dub using those terms before 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 1:32pm

You a tan MC? 

Wesley😱?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 157158159160161 286>
  Share Topic