You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tv show/box set you watching ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 283>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 8:51am
The Torquay one was a good episode. The one about the basketball player is decent too.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 11:46am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Losers on Netflix is a good watch.

8 x 30 min episodes on various sports where the underdog prevails.

Torquay saving themselves from relegation from the football league in the 80s thanks to the help of a constables dog Cool

And curling in Canada. Have a little more respect for the "sport" having watched it. To be fair there is a degree of skill needed LOL

Swept warehouses for years as a kid, always thought I could give it a go. Bring back the beer and smoked into the sport.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 6:07pm

Torquay saving themselves from relegation from the football league in the 80s thanks to the help of a constables dog Cool

And curling in Canada. Have a little more respect for the "sport" having watched it. To be fair there is a degree of skill needed LOL
I might watch this, was it from ITV? Just curious as they have 'Mavericks' on there,which was done by ITV and which I really enjoyed, especially the motorsport one, despite having absolutely no interest in same.

There's a real paucity of decent comedies on Netflix at the moment, or have I missed something? I was looking for something yesterday and ended up back re-watching some early 'Benidorm', which did the job, but there seems to be a lull in decent sitcoms. The new 'Still Game'is brutal too, gone like how 'Benidorm' did at the end. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 8:00pm
Benidorm actually depressed me LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 5:12pm
I watched the four episodes of the  BBC Three comedy 'Jerk' last night, it is very funny. I was giving out about the lack of new and funny comedy out there,   but this was certainly that. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 5:15pm
About 6 episodes in watching Sneaky Pete. Very good so far 
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 12:47am
After Life on Netflix started tonight, Ricky Gervais new creation. 

It's f**king brilliant Clap
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

I watched the first couple of episodes last night, it is amazing. It might be his best work yet! It is an awful shame he wasted years with his head up his arse making sh*te.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I watched the four episodes of the  BBC Three comedy 'Jerk' last night, it is very funny. I was giving out about the lack of new and funny comedy out there,   but this was certainly that. 

There's some decent BBC3 stuff. Pity it's all online now (and UK only, unless they show it on bbc2). I thought that Uncle show was alright when it was on. There was one rant on hipsters that I remember being hilarious.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 10 Mar 2019 at 8:15pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

There's some decent BBC3 stuff. Pity it's all online now (and UK only, unless they show it on bbc2). I thought that Uncle show was alright when it was on. There was one rant on hipsters that I remember being hilarious.

I liked Quacks but they never commissiobed a second series which was strange given some of the crap that does 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Uncle was excellent. I was referring more to the present, rather than recently. 'Jerk' and Gervais new show have changed that perception. The first episode of the second series of 'Fleabag' was enjoyable, although it is more anti-comedy than comedy. In a similar mould, last year's 'There She Goes' was brilliant too. 'Home' looks promising too.
I think I was just worried after seeing 'Warren' and 'Derry Girls'.

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 8:44pm

Watched the first 3 episodes last night. Class.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Episode 5 is up there with The Royle Family's Queen of Sheeba, absolutely magnificent, pissed myself laughing and sobbed unashamedly.

Superb.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 6:15pm
Here's your brother. Fine piece of work.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 3:22pm

Episode 5 is up there with The Royle Family's Queen of Sheeba, absolutely magnificent, pissed myself laughing and sobbed unashamedly.

Superb.
watched the first 2 eps this morning in work and gonna stick the 3rd on now. Excellent stuff. 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 3:30pm

I'll second the recommendation on this - a surprisingly good watch. Shades of ESPN's 30 for 30 series.

I've watched about five of them and the curling one has actually been my favourite one so far. Always considered it to be the worst of the winter Olympic sports but that was just a really well told and interesting story.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Superb.
watched the first 2 eps this morning in work and gonna stick the 3rd on now. Excellent stuff. 
I had to take a break after episode four. I bawled like a baby. I haven't been moved that much by television in a long time.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 4:43am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I'll second the recommendation on this - a surprisingly good watch. Shades of ESPN's 30 for 30 series.

I've watched about five of them and the curling one has actually been my favourite one so far. Always considered it to be the worst of the winter Olympic sports but that was just a really well told and interesting story.

Watched one last night on an Italian fella who does the Marathon Des Sables in Morocco but gets lost in a sandstorm and ends up 300km off route in Algeria LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 283>
  Share Topic