You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tv show/box set you watching ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 256257258259260 283>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 10:19pm
Bet into The Crown at the moment. Just about to start the latest season, very very good watch and informative 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 2:32am
Severance 

Is a slow burner once you get past 2-3 episodes and figure out what it's all about it's brilliant and worth going with. Season 1 has 9x45 minutes so not a huge investment of time. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 4:03am
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Fauda season 4 is out on netflix. Decent enough so far.

Is this a propaganda show that portrays the Israelis as the victims?

That's the one yes.

I am expecting to see Alan Shatter in S4.
Oh right yeah, mega Israeli propaganda when they had an undercover IDF unit go in and murder a groom at his own wedding. 

You must be a right loony bin if you think Fauda is propaganda.

It’s written by an ex-member of the IDF, whose girlfriend was stabbed to death by a Palestinian so it’s hardly going to be pro-Palestinian.

Thinking it’s a good series doesn’t make anyone a Zionist.

Worth noting that the Israeli’s were critical of the movie Farha on Netflix, which is from the Palestinian perspective. It’s works both way.

Edited by The Huntacha - 26 Jan 2023 at 4:04am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
PaulYK View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulYK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 7:28am
I agree with the comment on Severance being a slow burner. I really enjoyed the show in the end but it starts slowly. If you start it, definitely stick with it. 

Edited by PaulYK - 26 Jan 2023 at 7:30am
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 7:54am

Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Fauda season 4 is out on netflix. Decent enough so far.

Is this a propaganda show that portrays the Israelis as the victims?

That's the one yes.

I am expecting to see Alan Shatter in S4.
Oh right yeah, mega Israeli propaganda when they had an undercover IDF unit go in and murder a groom at his own wedding. 

You must be a right loony bin if you think Fauda is propaganda.

It’s written by an ex-member of the IDF, whose girlfriend was stabbed to death by a Palestinian so it’s hardly going to be pro-Palestinian.

Thinking it’s a good series doesn’t make anyone a Zionist.

Worth noting that the Israeli’s were critical of the movie Farha on Netflix, which is from the Palestinian perspective. It’s works both way.
IMO Saint Tom hit the nail on the head. As far as a TV show about a very emotionally charged conflict goes, it's fairly balanced. I think some people only want to see TV that conforms to their world view. 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 8:16am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Severance 

Is a slow burner once you get past 2-3 episodes and figure out what it's all about it's brilliant and worth going with. Season 1 has 9x45 minutes so not a huge investment of time. 
Incredible show Clap

Slow burner like you say but well worth sticking with it. Can't wait for Season 2.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 11:02am
Severance would be definitely in my top 3 shows of the year, maybe even top.
I dont necessarily even think Slow burner. The whole premise was so intriguing to me from the start that i was glued to it. 

Can't wait for S2

Edited by t_rAndy - 26 Jan 2023 at 11:02am
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I dont necessarily even think Slow burner. The whole premise was so intriguing to me from the start that i was glued to it. 

Can't wait for S2

Can't stand the main character, he was a prick in Step Brothers.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 10:12pm

Can't wait for S2

When is it due out? 
My main worry watching the first few episodes was this will go all weird and not really have a strong story line through out. But it developed nicely, the actors are great, especially Milchick. 

But if it's really popular and was originally planned as a 2 season series, unfortunately money will trump integrity and it could get dragged out far too long and lose it's appeal. I hope not. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 6:56pm
Just finish season 3 of The Boys. 

Its nuts. Enjoyable though. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 7:41pm
Herogasm Clap

Wasn’t expecting that turn of event at the end of episode 5 of the 2nd season in the white lotus LOL

Edited by The Huntacha - 27 Jan 2023 at 7:54pm
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The Ham View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 10:07pm
Severance is my show of last year, Extraordinary is so far my show of 2023 and it will be hard to beat!!
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 7:29pm

"11 Minutes" 4 part Docuseries on the Las Vegas mass shooting at the countty music festival is a decent watch. Plenty of real footage from the carnage and police body cams inside the Mandalay Bay Hotel but overall focusing on the victims and their stories.

It's a paramount show but you can get it in all of the usual places if you don't have that 

Thanks for recommending this, really enjoyed it. I found it refreshing to hear so much from the victims rather than some expert that is usually brought out for these types of programs.
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 1:50pm
Watched first two episodes of bad sisters,
based in malahide from what i can see,
quirky and enjoyable
Getting old and intolerant
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 10:07pm
Fauda S4. Just watched 3 episodes,good stuff so farClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Just finish season 3 of The Boys. 

Its nuts. Enjoyable though. 

Finished season 3 the other day, I didn't think the show could get any more batsh*t crazy and depraved but holy f**k!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 5:26pm
Hit and Run. Anywan watch this?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 5:56pm
Dara O' Cinneida is doing a show on TG4 visiting some stadiums around the world. Looks like its a series of 3 hour long programs, the stadiums listed so far are
The Racecourse Ground
The Azteca
Croke Park
the Curragh
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
Estadio Municipal de Braga
Jeonju World Cup Stadium in Korea
The Brandywell
Anfield
Seoul Olympic Stadium

March 23rd on TG4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 256257258259260 283>