You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tv show/box set you watching ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 196197198199200 283>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 11:12am
Didn't think it was dragged out at all. They barely showed 10 minutes of the court case

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 26 Feb 2021 at 11:13am
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I fail to see how what television station it was made for makes it better? Should we be more appreciative because they normally churn out absolute bollocks?

I guess the humour is introduced to try and highlight the ineptitude of the police, but it's the parts that don't seem to be trying to be humorous that end up being funny. 

I wasn’t suggesting that it made it better I was suggesting that there are different constraints by the fact that it is is prime time ITV as opposed to straight to Netflix. 

You can see the different in tv shows that are made for prime
Time tv that will hit middle England and those that are straight to netlflix and appeal to a different generation etc.  this is a cross over and it’s trying to appeal to both and as a result there are tensions and constraints with it those factors and I think they have done a good job considering that. 
I would disagree. I think with that consideration they have made a complete mess of it, but it appears to be popular so it will be deemed a success.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 8:48pm
Was months since I saw it mentioned here but just finished Caliphate on Netflix, thought it was excellent

Set in Sweden and Raqqa about kids getting radicalised 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 8:58pm
Yeah caliphate was really Well done.

Watched 'Behind Her Eyes'. Was only ok. 

Also watched 'The Valhalla murders'. Started off intriguing but it really dragged on and gave on episode 6
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Was months since I saw it mentioned here but just finished Caliphate on Netflix, thought it was excellent

Set in Sweden and Raqqa about kids getting radicalised 
Yes very good. Just watched Notorious BIG doc,enjoyed that also. 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 3:41pm
Have a watched the first few episodes of season 4 of Fargo, it's building up nicely to some sort of carnage I'd say, Jessie Buckley is excellent in it as is the Italian brother who's acting is so OTT at times it's good!

Also 3 episodes into Ted Lasso, a comedy about an American football coach hired to manage a PL team, enjoying it so far!
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 4:47pm
Just finished The Mandalorian.
Watched some of the first season when it was released last year but wasn't mad about.
Gave it another go and the second season was a hell of a lot better.

Anyone watching Wandavision? That's pretty good too.
The dark side.. And the light
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 12:36am
Alan Partridge the one with the inland revenue LOLLOL such craic
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 9:32am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Alan Partridge the one with the inland revenue LOLLOL such craic

"Search me, search me" LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 11:32am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Also watched 'The Valhalla murders'. Started off intriguing but it really dragged on and gave on episode 6
Caliphate, the Investigation and The Valhalla Murders were the worse of the Nordic shows I have watched. The first few episodes of ''Valhalla' and Caliphate were great, but they both disintegrated in to farce. In a lot of other Nordics the strength of character normally gets you through some moments of disbelief, but they weren't strong enough in either to pull it through, not to mention that they both became beyond any reasonable suspension of disbelief! 
Trapped was brilliant though, despite a lot of questionable moments, the strength of character made it compelling to the end. I recommend that to anyone who hasn't watched it.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 11:42am

Caliphate, the Investigation and The Valhalla Murders were the worse of the Nordic shows I have watched. The first few episodes of ''Valhalla' and Caliphate were great, but they both disintegrated in to farce. In a lot of other Nordics the strength of character normally gets you through some moments of disbelief, but they weren't strong enough in either to pull it through, not to mention that they both became beyond any reasonable suspension of disbelief! 
Trapped was brilliant though, despite a lot of questionable moments, the strength of character made it compelling to the end. I recommend that to anyone who hasn't watched it.

Trapped is my favourite of the Nordic Noirs so far. Great characters, decent plot and its beautifully shot. 
@AntrimMan85
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 11:45am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Trapped is my favourite of the Nordic Noirs so far. Great characters, decent plot and its beautifully shot. 
Likewise. The scenery fits in beautifully with the script. There's a few questionable moments and leaps of faith, but I loved it. 

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 11:48am
The Air Bass LOL

Edited by Denis Irwin - 04 Mar 2021 at 11:48am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 12:11pm

How'd you reckon the investigation descended into farce out of interest? 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

I'll let him know
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 12:20pm

How'd you reckon the investigation descended into farce out of interest? 
I didn't, I just didn't think it was very good. That's why I didn't mention it descending into farce.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 12:21pm
Ah, apologies, misread it! I enjoyed it but I only half remembered the story so found it interesting. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 12:37pm

Ah, apologies, misread it! I enjoyed it but I only half remembered the story so found it interesting. 
No bother. The story was interesting, but it was, like so many things now, several episodes too long and the attempt at making the main police officer's character more interesting failed a good bit. 
They could have done a 90 minute film that would have done the story better justice.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 196197198199200 283>
  Share Topic