You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tv show/box set you watching ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178179180 283>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 4:22pm
Finished season 2 of What We Do In The Shadows earlier, great show and some great cameos!

Finished The Stranger last night, decent show but the ending could've been better.

Halfway through Dublin Murders too, it's very dark, enjoyable all the same.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 10:24pm
The Forgotten West Memphis Three on Sky Crime. 

It's about the murder of three 8 year old boys and the wrongful conviction of 3 teenagers for it.

Tough watch but very good!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

The Forgotten West Memphis Three on Sky Crime. 

It's about the murder of three 8 year old boys and the wrongful conviction of 3 teenagers for it.

Tough watch but very good!

Will give it a watch. 
In case you were not familiar with the story before, the paradise lost trilogy of doc films covers it in great detail and were pretty ground breaking for their time. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 4:51am
Watched the first episode of Des on UTV. It's a 3-parter about a serial killer in England in the 80's.

Decent so far. David Tennant plays the serial killer.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 11:23am
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Finished season 2 of What We Do In The Shadows earlier, great show and some great cameos!

Finished The Stranger last night, decent show but the ending could've been better.

Halfway through Dublin Murders too, it's very dark, enjoyable all the same.

The ending of The Stranger still pisses me off. Great show up until then. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 12:43pm
Finished Dark last night. Really brilliant show but still a little bit all over the place with some bits in the last 5 or so episodes. But overall i felt they tied it well together at the end. 

Incredibly underrated and i dont think enough people have watched it or given the credit it is due.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Finished Dark last night. Really brilliant show but still a little bit all over the place with some bits in the last 5 or so episodes. But overall i felt they tied it well together at the end. 

Incredibly underrated and i dont think enough people have watched it or given the credit it is due.

Agreed, it was tough trying to keep up with the storylines over the last 5 episodes! really enjoyed it and thought the end was satisfying.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 10:53pm
Is Fargo any good? I watched the first season of Ozark but I didn't think it was worth persisting with any further.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Is Fargo any good? I watched the first season of Ozark but I didn't think it was worth persisting with any further.

Fargo is brilliant. First couple of seasons especially. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 11:01pm

first season top drawer. Season 2 great but maybe not quite at the level. Season 3 very good. Looking forward to season 4
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 9:51am

Brilliant! I could only do about six episodes of 'Ozark' though. I found it to be badly written and acted.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 9:53am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Brilliant! I could only do about six episodes of 'Ozark' though. I found it to be badly written and acted.

Watched one episode of ozark and thought the same 
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Watched one episode of ozark and thought the same 
I really struggled with the idea that they didn't kill him because he had a holiday brochure in his pocket.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 10:18am
I agree I find that if something like that happens before you care about the characters it’s hard to stick with it.  I am generally more forgiving if I have invested in the characters 6 or 7 episodes in. 

Liked Luther, Marcella and The Fall, for both of those reasons.  I am sure there have been issues in those shows but the characters are good in it and as a result I would forgive some of those issues that developed later in the shows. 

Edited by Baldrick - 27 Sep 2020 at 10:20am
AKA pedantic kunt
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 4:01am
Letterkenny. 
Canadian comedy, pretty funny. 
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 9:57am
Just finished season one of Power. Enjoying it so far
Some people just deserve a slap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 9:58am
It seems season 4 of Fargo is out in the US.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 10:31am
Been rewatching Parks and Recreation forgot how good it is.

Ron Swanson and Andy Dwyer are probably the best comedy characters of the last 10 years
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178179180 283>
  Share Topic