You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tv show/box set you watching ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 175176177178179 283>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 11:45am
Finished Squeamish About, it's 4 x 15 minute episodes of archive TV footage with Matt Berry talking absolute bollox, co-written by Arthur Matthews, I enjoyed it, Berry's pronunciation of some words is hilarious.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 11:49am
Watching Band of Brothers for the first time. Really enjoying it, 19 years later.
The dark side.. And the light
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 11:57am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

'Gone Fishing'. Great, and very elaxing, television. I think Bob Mortimer called it 'Last of the Summer Wine' without the bathtub. He really is a very likeable fella. The bit where he is taking about his father's death when he was a kid is brilliant. It shouldn't be that funny, but it's obviously cathartic for him. 

Bob Mortimer has a fairly weird podcast called Atletico Mince. The hen pecked Peter Beardsley segments are amusing though 

If you get a chance try and watched a series called a passion for angling, commissioned by the BBC in the 90s, bout 2 old lads fishing through the seasons of the year, split cane rods, wicker fishing bags. Real wind and the willows stuff, it's narrated by Bernard cribbens, easily the most therapeutic television I've ever watched. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Watching Band of Brothers for the first time. Really enjoying it, 19 years later.

Do not, under any circumstances, watch the Bastogne episode after you've been out for 3 or 4 days on the beer and with a serious dose of fear the night before going back to work.

Brilliant series, always in my top 10.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Finished Squeamish About, it's 4 x 15 minute episodes of archive TV footage with Matt Berry talking absolute bollox, co-written by Arthur Matthews, I enjoyed it, Berry's pronunciation of some words is hilarious.
I watched the first one and it was enjoyable enough. A bit too ridiculous in places, but his voice and pronunciation makes up for it.

I listened to the first episode of 'Athletico Mince'  and it wasn't for me. I like the two lads but, like when Mortimer was with Reeves, it was just too surreal. In fairness, they did put a disclaimer that the first eight episodes are sh*t, so maybe I need to try again. 
I never got 'Shooting Stars' or any of that though. It's only recently I have got to appreciate Mortimer by seeing him on his own and realising he is naturally very funny. His 'train guy stuff is brilliant. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

'Gone Fishing'. Great, and very elaxing, television. I think Bob Mortimer called it 'Last of the Summer Wine' without the bathtub. He really is a very likeable fella. The bit where he is taking about his father's death when he was a kid is brilliant. It shouldn't be that funny, but it's obviously cathartic for him. 

Bob Mortimer has a fairly weird podcast called Atletico Mince. The hen pecked Peter Beardsley segments are amusing though 
Gone fishing Clap love Bob Mortimer
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 12:07pm
'The Man in the High Castle is on Amazon, but apparently it has little correlation to the book.
Southstandman View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Do not, under any circumstances, watch the Bastogne episode after you've been out for 3 or 4 days on the beer and with a serious dose of fear the night before going back to work.

Brilliant series, always in my top 10.

The episode where the German general gives a speech to his surrendered men was very poignant . 

War is the playground of the wealthy elite where they pleasure themselves by watching the working classes slaughter one another . 
We are Shamrock Rovers we"re Irelands number 1 .
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

started watching the man in the high castle. Love the premise of the show (what would the world be like if The Nazis and Japanese had won the war). It’s good so far

What platform TR?

As PM said, its on Prime. Actually think Prime has improved a lot over the last few months. Not so far behind.

The last narco is another on it. 4 part True crime doc on the DEA guy Kiki martinez killed in Mexico that was part of Narcos Mexico storyline 

Edited by t_rAndy - 11 Sep 2020 at 2:17pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 10:36pm
I see luther has been taken off Netflix. Shower of bastards.   Anyone got a good dependable link 
AKA pedantic kunt
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 8:32pm

Just caught a bit of this. Starting it from ep 1 now. Such a nice show. 
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 11:47pm

'The Man in the High Castle is on Amazon, but apparently it has little correlation to the book.

I have no clue about the book, but the TV show has turned on its head in the last couple of episodes. Basically my whole thoughts on what the show is all about and where it's going has done a full 180 turn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Just caught a bit of this. Starting it from ep 1 now. Such a nice show. 
Often the best episode to start with 
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 12:09am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I have no clue about the book, but the TV show has turned on its head in the last couple of episodes. Basically my whole thoughts on what the show is all about and where it's going has done a full 180 turn

You really should read the book. A classic.

There is no way that Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan could have ever found half the manpower and material necessary to pull off the multiple continental conquests depicted nonetheless .....

It's a deeply engrossing, perplexing, well written horror-dystopian tale by Phillip K. Dick, and I'm not usually one for science fiction. It's also not quite what it seems either. When the book is read for the second or third time more oblique details become clearer to the reader.

Philip K. Dick actually planned to write a sequel to "The Man In The High Castle". It would have involved the SS time-travelling/dimension-shifting into "our" actual historical timeline. They would then report back to their own timeline/dimension that there also exists a world where the Axis lost the war. Dick however said his research into the Nazi beliefs and the Holocaust he found so sickening that he couldn't bring himself to write about it anymore.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 12:12am
Philly K doing well for himself surprisingly 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 9:35pm
Him and Her on bbc iPlayer
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 1:23pm
Bit late to the party, but Outcry was v good. 5 part series about lad jailed for child abuse in Texas. Well worth a watch. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 1:27pm
is hinterland any good ? 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 175176177178179 283>
  Share Topic